HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Fan Looking forward to Sat. tilt

Old
10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
gampy

vCash: 500
Sens Fan Looking forward to Sat. tilt

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello, and that I am mucho keen on Saturday's game with the Rangers. Alfie had said post-game that the Rangers will be the big test for the Sens. He mentioned that all your firepower will test our defence, and goal-tending. With the 2 squeeker wins over the Leafs, it is concerning me that Ottawa will not be up to snuff against you guys. We won with talent, not hard work. (Alfie and Heatley won us both games.)

Any thoughts on the upcoming tilt from your guys' perspective?

We have some experience with Drury, and Gomez from last year's playoffs, but how is Shanahan, and Jagr playing so far?

gampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gampy View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello, and that I am mucho keen on Saturday's game with the Rangers. Alfie had said post-game that the Rangers will be the big test for the Sens. He mentioned that all your firepower will test our defence, and goal-tending. With the 2 squeeker wins over the Leafs, it is concerning me that Ottawa will not be up to snuff against you guys. We won with talent, not hard work. (Alfie and Heatley won us both games.)

We have some experience with Drury, and Gomez from last year's playoffs, but how is Shanahan, and Jagr playing so far?

SICK, did you jagr's pass to drury!!, OTT took care of TOR these past two, that should shut them up, def. looking forward to this game as well, its early, but Im stoked.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Frankly, I think the Sens worrying about the Rangers as a big test in their 2nd real game is sort of silly. The Rangers chemistry is not there yet and there are a lot of kinks to be worked out.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:43 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
SICK, did you jagr's pass to drury!!, OTT took care of TOR these past two, that should shut them up, def. looking forward to this game as well, its early, but Im stoked.
Have not seen any high-lights, will try you tube maybe.

I wonder if Ottawa will ice Gerber for this game. He played pretty solid the last 2 and I don't think Emery is totally reliable right, even if he gets clearance to play.

The game will be on HNIC and should be sweet. It should be a real high-light reel type of game. Hopefully the the two teams play disciplined and we see a lot of 5 on 5. Well..wouldn't mind seeing a good scrap, or Avery's head on a plate...lol.

Old
10-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hi Guys,

you guys still have the best top line in the NHL, which will cause us major problems, however i think our offensive threat up and down the lineup is far better than yours.

itll really depend on the goalies imho. which should favor us. either way, itll be close is my guess. rangers 4, sens 3.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DontStaal

i think it'll be a wide open game... both teams have a lot of speed. should be very entertaining with a lot of SOG.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Frankly, I think the Sens worrying about the Rangers as a big test in their 2nd real game is sort of silly. The Rangers chemistry is not there yet and there are a lot of kinks to be worked out.
Really? Wow. The new and improved Rangers have been getting a lot of hype up north. I guess the off-season signings have a lot to do with that, though.

Old
10-05-2007, 12:50 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
you guys still have the best top line in the NHL, which will cause us major problems, however i think our offensive threat up and down the lineup is far better than yours.
I think I agree with that. We seem to be front loaded at the moment. Our 2nd, and 3rd lines have not done a whole lot the past two games, but perhaps they are a little more comfortbale now with two games under their belts. It will be interesting to see if Ottawa can get some secondary scoring on Sat.

I am of a mind that Gerber would be best choice for Sat. He let's out lots of rebounds, but he is very good with lining up shooters.

Old
10-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Lookin forward to this game as well as I think it's more of a test for the Rangers then the other way around.

Rangers have some kinks to work out like others have mentioned...

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:03 AM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
i think it'll be a wide open game... both teams have a lot of speed. should be very entertaining with a lot of SOG.
Agreed.

The Rangers blueline is questionable, and half the Sens defenseman can't play defense, and the team defense has been bad thus far.

Both teams have elite level offense though.

I'm thinking something like 6-5, barring Emery's return and Lundqvist heroics.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Really? Wow. The new and improved Rangers have been getting a lot of hype up north. I guess the off-season signings have a lot to do with that, though.
They should have a lot of hype with those two huge signings! Haha. But yeah, the team will need probably 15-20 games under it's belt before the chemistry is there 100%. This will only be Drury's 3rd game with Jagr (counting pre-season), I think! That's not enough time to develop real chemistry with a player -- though they looked good tonight together.

Later in the year will be the REAL test -- for both teams.

Old
10-05-2007, 01:08 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Agreed.

The Rangers blueline is questionable, and half the Sens defenseman can't play defense, and the team defense has been bad thus far.

Both teams have elite level offense though.

I'm thinking something like 6-5, barring Emery's return and Lundqvist heroics.
I am thinking Ottawa has the edge on defense. I don't know where you got the idea that half of our D-Corps can't play, but whatever. Lol.

Volchenkov / Phillips...Mezaros /Redden...Corvo / Schubert is nothing to sniff at.

But I think you have us beat in goal. Has Lundquist been good so far?

Old
10-05-2007, 01:09 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
I can't speak for all Ranger fans but I know I am cautiously optimistic about this years team. I've been fooled too many times by Ranger teams who looked great on paper but looked brutal on the ice. I am looking forward to the Ottawa game as well because I still consider them the class of the East at the moment.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Lundqvist looked like his Vezina-caliber self tonight -- he's just a ****** puckhandler outside of the crease. It makes most Rangers fans nervous when he tries playing the puck.

I think the offenses are pretty well matched, you guys have a distinct edge on defense, and we have a distinct edge in goal.

Two well matched teams, IMO.

Old
10-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I think that it's a pity that these two teams are facing each other so early in the season. I'd rather the schedulers had moved this game back a month, so that both teams would have some time to get into full swing and then have at it.

Still should be fun, though, and I'd wager both teams will be looking at this game as an early-season marker of where they need to be. The winning team will not celebrate too much and the losing team will go home to study hard.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:15 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Lundqvist looked like his Vezina-caliber self tonight -- he's just a ****** puckhandler outside of the crease. It makes most Rangers fans nervous when he tries playing the puck.

I think the offenses are pretty well matched, you guys have a distinct edge on defense, and we have a distinct edge in goal.

Two well matched teams, IMO.
Yeah it should be a nice little litmus test for both teams, and their fans. It will have a lasting effect I think, on whoever wins...and whoever loses.

I would think that NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Ottawa will be fighting it out for 1st place this year.

Old
10-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Yeah it should be a nice little litmus test for both teams, and their fans. It will have a lasting effect I think, on whoever wins...and whoever loses.

I would think that NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Ottawa will be fighting it out for 1st place this year.
I don't see Buffalo as much of a threat this year.

Old
10-05-2007, 01:24 AM
FLYLine24*

IMO..the Sens win this game 4-1. Rangers need a lot more time to get used to each other so I see an easy victory for the sens.

I for one won't cry over a loss since i see it coming.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
IMO..the Sens win this game 4-1. Rangers need a lot more time to get used to each other so I see an easy victory for the sens.

I for one won't cry over a loss since i see it coming.
I dunno. Do you think the NY media will crap on the Rangers if they lose? There are some big expectations I would think. If these guys need 10 games to gel, I think somethings wrong. I imagine that if any chemistry is going to develop, it would be right about now.

I don't think the Sens are firing on all cylinders either, IMO. They were out worked by the Leafs and their PP was not too good. Toronto worked hard, but as always, shoot themselves in the foot.

Old
10-05-2007, 01:49 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
I dunno. Do you think the NY media will crap on the Rangers if they lose? There are some big expectations I would think. If these guys need 10 games to gel, I think somethings wrong. I imagine that if any chemistry is going to develop, it would be right about now.

I don't think the Sens are firing on all cylinders either, IMO. They were out worked by the Leafs and their PP was not too good. Toronto worked hard, but as always, shoot themselves in the foot.

Oh they will. I can count on that. But who gives a crap. The team has not jelled yet so its to be expected. Whatver..

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:50 AM
SP

Quote:
I am thinking Ottawa has the edge on defense. I don't know where you got the idea that half of our D-Corps can't play, but whatever. Lol.
Can't play defense. Redden, Meszaros and Corvo are horrendous defensively.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 02:01 AM
gampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Can't play defense. Redden, Meszaros and Corvo are horrendous defensively.
Those guys are certainly not what you might call "Defensive Defensemen", but they are not horrible in their own end.

Redden had a bad year in 06-07, but he is still one of the best puck moving defensemen in the league.

Anyways...it's all opinion I suppose. I am looking forward to Saturday, though. Even if both teams play poorly, I want to see Drury and Jagr together. Potentially on par with Spezza Heatley as far as line combos go.

Old
10-05-2007, 03:56 AM
SilverSeven

Im interested to see this game. Im very skeptical about the Rangers...I think they are a top end team even without the additions...I just wonder what the additions will do to the team.

Dont roast me for this because it is a personal oppinion, but I think Drury is overratted. Gomez was a great addition, and Drury can be if used correctly. Im not sure about him on the 1st line....he is a perfect 2nd liner though.

Other than Ottawa, the only team I will cheer for is the Rangers...so I hope it works out (but not se well that it harms Ottawa ).

My biggest concern for them is chemistry.

SilverSeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Asharx

I am giong to be at the game tomorrow night also. I am really looking forward to it. I hope they have Prucha moved up to the 2nd line, I like that guy. He is probably my favorite Ranger.

Asharx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Any chance Emery is back for this one?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote