HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs vs Moose 1-10

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 11:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Dogs vs Moose 1-10

2-0 Dogs jump to an early lead.

Svitov (Perezhogin Plante)

Ovelstad (Milroy Traverse)

Michaud in for a 3rd straight game. I'm surprised by that.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
That was a nice feed from Milroy..

Old
01-10-2004, 11:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
That was a nice feed from Milroy..

He almost scored before that, and has been snake bit so far this season with some good chances. Hopefully he picks it up some in the 2nd half.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Habsaku

Great wrister by Svitov, I hope the Habs have tried to acquire him, I know I've been saying this for a while but we've got no one in the organization like him. Course, theres Olesz this summer, but I don,t see us trading up the draft.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
2-0 Dogs jump to an early lead.

Svitov (Perezhogin Plante)

Ovelstad (Milroy Traverse)

Judging by Perezoigin's start I thought it wouldn't be untill next season that he got the hang of the NA style of play and started to score but over the past month or so he has been on fire and looks to have adjusted quite nicely. I don't mean he's ready to jump up to the NHL now but things are looking good for him.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:24 AM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Fichaud's out, we know that.
But Damphousse is also injured, he hurt his thumb. That's why Michaud's been playing 3 straight.

I'm guessing Damphousse is the back-up just in case, although it would be interesting to see who would be back-up if both Fichaud and Damphousse weren't dressed. Maybe they could find a new place for Blouin.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:29 AM
eddy

They interviewed Hainsey in the 1st intermission and brought up him being sent down to the Dogs and he seemed pretty sour about it, he basicly felt that last season he didn't play that well when with the Habs but this year he felt he played good, most likely meaning he didn't feel he desearved to be sent down. I don't know thats the impression I got from it.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Balej just netted another goal from Chris Higgins (Y)

Old
01-10-2004, 11:46 AM
eddy

Dwyer just scored SH, I think Balej and Beuchememin may get the assists there.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I want another 8-0 game !

Old
01-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
They interviewed Hainsey in the 1st intermission and brought up him being sent down to the Dogs and he seemed pretty sour about it, he basicly felt that last season he didn't play that well when with the Habs but this year he felt he played good, most likely meaning he didn't feel he desearved to be sent down. I don't know thats the impression I got from it.
I also got the same impression.

He basically said he didn't know why he wasn't up with the big team. To me it means he doesn't know what he needs to work on. It also means that he thinks the organization is wrong about him. It's ok to think it but you don't go on record implying it.

He doesn't have the "I'll work even harder and prove them wrong" mindset. He isn't ready. Too bad...

Old
01-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Les Zarbites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Great wrister by Svitov, I hope the Habs have tried to acquire him, I know I've been saying this for a while but we've got no one in the organization like him. Course, theres Olesz this summer, but I don,t see us trading up the draft.
Indeed. I'd trade Hainsey for him in a heartbeat. I think it would answers both team needs. One underachiever for another.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:01 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix

Old
01-10-2004, 12:08 PM
eddy

Perezhogin just scored on an awesome wrist shot on the PP, I think Hainsey and Beuchemin will get the assists.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:10 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Perezhogin just scored on an awesome wrist shot on the PP, I think Hainsey and Beuchemin will get the assists.
whats the score ????
i cant see this game :{ who playing solid for us ?????

Old
01-10-2004, 12:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Bad night for the Moose. Good for Perezhogin, Balej, Higgins and Milroy who are playing well.

5-0 Dogs and still on the PP

Old
01-10-2004, 12:13 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
If only we were playing Wilkes-Barres Scranton...

Old
01-10-2004, 12:13 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
If only we were playing Wilkes-Barres Scranton...
The Habs played them this afternoon though. No such thing as a doubleheader in Hockey.

------

Regardless of Hainsey's attitude, I still think he should be in the NHL.

During his time he played just as well as Komisarek has played. He's now lighting up the AHL. 12 Points and a +11 rating in 20 games is NHL standard. Despite the success on the PP, the second unit is very weak, and if Markov is infact out for long, Hainsey would be a welcomed addition on the unit, as he is far more effective on the PP than Francis Bouillon.

------

I like Duncan Milroy's game, and it's too bad we don't have a Russian centreman in the system. Maybe Markov could go back to centre? :p

Old
01-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Habsaku

Higgins has been impressive, Perezhogin has great skills. I'm surprised at Milroy, he's playing fairly well, I wonder why they scratched him so often, he's looking better then Ferland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Indeed. I'd trade Hainsey for him in a heartbeat. I think it would answers both team needs. One underachiever for another.
Hainsey should work harder, but I wouldn't trade him for Svitov, I'd look for something around Hossa. We've got too many wingers and few centers(especially big) or defensemen, TB has only 2 guy under 6'(Stillman, Saint-Louis) so I doubt they'd want one of our small wingers, they'd prefer Hossa IMO. Svitov is a guy who could help right away for this club, both on the 3rd line and in the PK, not to mention he could take Perreaults spot on the 2nd wave of the PP. He's so strong physically for a guy his age

Old
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Big afternoon for Habs fans .. i watched 2 great game today

Old
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Regardless of Hainsey's attitude, I still think he should be in the NHL.

During his time he played just as well as Komisarek has played. He's now lighting up the AHL. 12 Points and a +11 rating in 20 games is NHL standard. Despite the success on the PP, the second unit is very weak, and if Markov is infact out for long, Hainsey would be a welcomed addition on the unit, as he is far more effective on the PP than Francis Bouillon.
Ya I agree even if his attitude is bad, I really didn't see to much wrong with his game, I would like to see his attitude improve though I think it would help.

What about Beuchemin though? I know with a lot of Defenece in the system he may not get a chance this year unless there is alot of injuries but he has had 2 very good seasons in the AHL including this one, he is projected to be a 5th or 6th d-man in the NHL which I think is a fair projection for him, how long until he be ready to play with the big club?

Old
01-10-2004, 12:28 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Ya I agree even if his attitude is bad, I really didn't see to much wrong with his game, I would like to see his attitude improve though I think it would help.

What about Beuchemin though? I know with a lot of Defenece in the system he may not get a chance this year unless there is alot of injuries but he has had 2 very good seasons in the AHL including this one, he is projected to be a 5th or 6th d-man in the NHL which I think is a fair projection for him, how long until he be ready to play with the big club?

Well I may be one of the few Beauchemin fans, but I'd like to see him get a call up at some point. One game is crap, especially when you are one of the top defensemen in the AHL (I'm talking about last season)

But the problem Beauchy runs into, he either is too physical, thus taking himself out of position at the wrong time, or he's not physical enough. He is a good hitter, when he uses his head and picks the right spots. He's improved a lot in this area, but needs to find a better medium, as I would like to see him play more physical but not costing a goal against. He likes to shoot the puck, and is a good skater, but sometimes he tends to make a few boneheaded plays in his own end.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:31 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
I would like to see his attitude improve though I think it would help.
It would, and aside from attitude Hainsey has everything you want in a hockey player. Unfortunately, all we really know about his attitude is threw face-to-face interviews, and how he seems to come across. I remember reading an online transcript with Ron Hainsey once. He was very professional, and while you could tell he was confident, he did not seem cocky or arrogant. People who are critical of Hainsey's supposed attitude are usually big fans of Mike Ribeiro or Jose Theodore. Not to take anything away from either one of them, but Jose has often been critical of his teammates. When Ribeiro is interviewed, he too seems arrogant. As soon as Hainsey is given a proper chance (whether or not it is in Montreal) he will proove himself and people will overlook his ego, too. It doesn't seem to be hurting 71 or 60 now that they have not only the fans, but the coaches on their sides.

Quote:
Well, with Markov, Souray, Hainsey, and Komisarek as the projected top-four, a reliable guy like Beauchemin all of a sudden should look very attractive to Bob Gainey. Beauchemin is a smart player, and he works well on the powerplay. He's a left handed defenceman, so unless one of the big three on the left is able to jump over to the right side, I'd expect Francois Beauchemin to continue to progress up to the point where he could be our sixth defenceman, preferably on the left side, but most likely on the right. He didn't have a great camp, but behind Hainsey he's probably ahead of Dykhuis as the second defensive option to be called up from Hamilton this year.

Old
01-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Habsolument

Balej!!!

Old
01-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Les Zarbites

What An Awesome Goal !

Closed Thread