HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bruins/Avs Proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
  #1
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Bruins/Avs Proposal

Skrastins, Svatos, Cumisky

for

Axelsson, M. Stuart

this is a shot in the dark so flame away.

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
  #2
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
As the Avs I pass... ish.

My biggest concern is getting Montoya/Helenius in an Avs jersey

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
  #3
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
Skrastins, Svatos, Cumisky

for

Axelsson, M. Stuart

this is a shot in the dark so flame away.
No from Boston. PJ is certainly available, and Svatos would be a nice return, but it really doesn't address the B's needs. The Bruins need a puck moving D-man, and are not interested in trading Stuart (young, cheap, natural leader).

Axelsson & Alberts for Clark?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:13 PM
  #4
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
No from Boston. PJ is certainly available, and Svatos would be a nice return, but it really doesn't address the B's needs. The Bruins need a puck moving D-man, and are not interested in trading Stuart (young, cheap, natural leader).

Axelsson & Alberts for Clark?
that would definitely be a slap in the face to Clark seeing we just gave him an 2 year extension

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
  #5
Abyss
GO BRUINS
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
No from Boston. PJ is certainly available, and Svatos would be a nice return, but it really doesn't address the B's needs. The Bruins need a puck moving D-man, and are not interested in trading Stuart (young, cheap, natural leader).

Axelsson & Alberts for Clark?
is Cumisky not a puck moving d-man? I mean probably no better than Sigalet but...still.

I'd take that from a Bruins standpoint assuming cap numbers work.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:21 PM
  #6
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
is Cumisky not a puck moving d-man? I mean probably no better than Sigalet but...still.

I'd take that from a Bruins standpoint assuming cap numbers work.
basically, my thought is that Cumisky is going to be the next Liles

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:22 PM
  #7
Abyss
GO BRUINS
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
basically, my thought is that Cumisky is going to be the next Liles
well, I'll take your word for it...sign me up

I'd absolutely love Skrastins as a Bruin though.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
  #8
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
basically, my thought is that Cumisky is going to be the next Liles
Cumiskey is more well rounded... Shattenkirk could end up being a better version of Liles

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:23 PM
  #9
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 32,244
vCash: 500
cumisky, Shattenkirk, Nigel Williams and Macias are all puck movers.

How's Axelson on draws?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
  #10
Abyss
GO BRUINS
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
cumisky, Shattenkirk, Nigel Williams and Macias are all puck movers.

How's Axelson on draws?
terrible, would be LW only..

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 10:59 PM
  #11
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 17,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnerican View Post
As the Avs I pass... ish.

My biggest concern is getting Montoya/Helenius in an Avs jersey
Why would you want Montoya? I smell flop all over him. I'd venture to say he will NEVER be a number 1 in the NHL. Something about him just really doesn't fit with me. Just an opinion though.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
  #12
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 32,244
vCash: 500
Finnerican did you get a blood transfusion from NotEnoughBrewer?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 02:51 AM
  #13
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Finnerican did you get a blood transfusion from NotEnoughBrewer?
He's his half-brother, on his mother's, father's, sister's side. NotEnoughShinyNewHFApprovedGoaltendingProspects which is just too bloody long to say.

Personally, I'd love to get Stuart and Axelsson as I think Stuart has potential and Axelsson would definitely solidify a shutdown unit for the Avalanche.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 04:03 AM
  #14
18Mike18
Registered User
 
18Mike18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
bad deal for the Avs by a lot

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
  #15
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
cumisky, Shattenkirk, Nigel Williams and Macias are all puck movers.

How's Axelson on draws?
Nige isn't. He's a stay-at-home defenseman that can pass... Rob Blake-like. Speaking of people I knew Nigel Williams went to my church for 2 1/2 years.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
  #16
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
How about a 3 way deal:

To Colorado:
P.J. Axelson
4th round draft pick in 2008(From Van)

To Boston:
Lukas Krajicek

To Vancouver:
Marek Svatos

Boston get's their puck moving defencemen that has top 4 upside, Colorado get's their 3rd line defensive specialist, and Vancouver gets a top 6 forward that can score.

This deal does hurt Vancouver's depth on D but some say Edler is ready for full time duty so he'd be put into the bottem pairing spot with Miller.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:49 PM
  #17
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
How about a 3 way deal:

To Colorado:
P.J. Axelson
4th round draft pick in 2008(From Van)

To Boston:
Lukas Krajicek

To Vancouver:
Marek Svatos

Boston get's their puck moving defencemen that has top 4 upside, Colorado get's their 3rd line defensive specialist, and Vancouver gets a top 6 forward that can score.

This deal does hurt Vancouver's depth on D but some say Edler is ready for full time duty so he'd be put into the bottem pairing spot with Miller.
I like it, and if Vancouver needed depth back, Boston could add in a dman like Alberts or Allen.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:00 PM
  #18
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I like it, and if Vancouver needed depth back, Boston could add in a dman like Alberts or Allen.
If the Canucks feel Edler is ready for a top 6 role then most likely the only depth the Canucks would need back would be a depth defencemen that could be a 8-9 on our depth charts.

As of right now Edler is 7 on the depth charts so moving him up would put Weaver up to 7 and McIver up to 8.

If Boston was able to throw in a depth defender that isn't likely to see a ton of action this season but is capable of playing a game or two while being a top 4 defencemen in the minors that would be perfect for Vancouver.

The only question in this proposal would be if Colorado is willing to give up Svatos for Axelson and a pick.

I wonder what Colorado fans think of this proposal.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
  #19
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
How about a 3 way deal:

To Colorado:
P.J. Axelson
4th round draft pick in 2008(From Van)

To Boston:
Lukas Krajicek

To Vancouver:
Marek Svatos
Something like that could happen later on in the season. I can't see the Canucks moving Krajicek at this point, not while Salo and Edler are both injured and the Canucks haven't exhausted their current projects in Shannon and Raymond. But with the Avs having a top 6 and Hlinka looking good thus far it probably means Svatos could be available, and acquiring a solid 3rd liner such as Axe makes a lot of sense.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:13 PM
  #20
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,665
vCash: 7757
This particular Avs fan is not interested in any trade that helps Vancouver in any way, shape, or form. Unless we're completely robbing them I want nothing to do with them. I certainly don't want to put a weapon like Svatos in their line-up. There's just too much chance it could come back to haunt us.

__________________
I wanna slay my demons, but I got lots of them.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:15 PM
  #21
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
This particular Avs fan is not interested in any trade that helps Vancouver in any way, shape, or form. Unless we're completely robbing them I want nothing to do with them. I certainly don't want to put a weapon like Svatos in their line-up. There's just too much chance it could come back to haunt us.
They don't have to know about it when they trade Svatos to the 3rd team...

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
  #22
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 32,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
They don't have to know about it when they trade Svatos to the 3rd team...
You want to talk about unwritten rules among GMs, that's one of them.

And the extent I would help Vancouver is short of urinating on them being immolated.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
  #23
Default101
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
i can't see the avs doing this deal at all..

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 12:13 AM
  #24
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
You want to talk about unwritten rules among GMs, that's one of them.

And the extent I would help Vancouver is short of urinating on them being immolated.
You can't say that Boston would be "helping" Vancouver here.

Afterall they would be asking for Krajicek in return for Svatos.

If they were helping Vancouver they'd give us Svatos for a 7th round draft pick.

Once an asset is yours you can do whatever you want with it.

If Boston can manage to aquire Svatos from Colorado and then want to flip Svatos for a defencemen there's nothing Colorado can do about that.

Boston isn't doing any favours to Vancouver. If Boston feels Krajicek is the guy they want and Vancouver is happy with a return that includes Svatos then once Svatos becomes Boston property there's nothing Colorado can do about that.

I could see a trade like this happening a month or two into the season.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
  #25
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,665
vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
You can't say that Boston would be "helping" Vancouver here.

Afterall they would be asking for Krajicek in return for Svatos.

If they were helping Vancouver they'd give us Svatos for a 7th round draft pick.

Once an asset is yours you can do whatever you want with it.

If Boston can manage to aquire Svatos from Colorado and then want to flip Svatos for a defencemen there's nothing Colorado can do about that.

Boston isn't doing any favours to Vancouver. If Boston feels Krajicek is the guy they want and Vancouver is happy with a return that includes Svatos then once Svatos becomes Boston property there's nothing Colorado can do about that.

I could see a trade like this happening a month or two into the season.
The trades could happen, but not as described above. Boston would have to trade their own pick instead of Vancouver's 4th. Beyond that minor detail, sure, it could happen.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.