HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Peca

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Theoren Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Mike Peca

Innocent or cheap shot artist?

Took out Jaime Lundmark with a controversial hit on first time on Long Island, and last game Brian Leetch claims Peca intentionally aimed for his head when "dumping" the puck into the zone.

Discuss

Last edited by Theoren Fan: 01-11-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old
01-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

the type of player we would love to have on the rangers. i think his hit on lundmark was clean. is he dirty? he is borderline but he does have a very nasty streak in him.

Old
01-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

Took out Jaime Lundmark with a controversial hit on first time on Long Island, and last game Brian Leetch claims Peca intentionally aimed for his head when "dumping" the puck into the zone.

Discuss
Peca is borderline, but no different from Lindros, Kasparaitis, and Messier. Two very interesting with there hits, and messier wtih his stick and elbows. And Holik, he no more dirty than any of hte above mentioned.

Old
01-11-2004, 01:58 PM
TrueBlue4life

Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

Discuss
he definitly hit leetch on purpose...

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-11-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old
01-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue4life
he definitly hit leetch on purpose... i hope someone kicks the crap out of him on tuesday
Im guessing he is as marked man. I also think the isles will being after kasper all night. Tuesday is really going to fun.

Old
01-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Kvashinator12

well

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue4life
he definitly hit leetch on purpose... i hope someone kicks the crap out of him on tuesday

i would have to say fine, who is gonna kick the crap out of him? Barnaby? Simon? Purinton?

Old
01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
TrueBlue4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
i would have to say fine, who is gonna kick the crap out of him? Barnaby? Simon? Purinton?
any one of those three would do

Old
01-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Edge

With all due respect to Godard, after watching his performance this year and watching Simon, I think Simon turning him down was probably a good thing for his health.

As far as spot picking goes, Simon sure is. But unlike McCarthy he is also a player. He'll probably hit 15-20 goals and 30-35 points. now if he were on pace for 5 goals then i'd want him fighting more often.

Peca to me is def. a dirty player, but the type of player you'd love to have on your team. He is no different then messier when he was younger or other nasty players. What's sad is that Peca is more known for his checks and defense than for the fact that {if and when healthy} he is a solid 20-25 goal, 50-60 point player as well.

Old
01-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Kvashinator12

Nice post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
With all due respect to Godard, after watching his performance this year and watching Simon, I think Simon turning him down was probably a good thing for his health.

As far as spot picking goes, Simon sure is. But unlike McCarthy he is also a player. He'll probably hit 15-20 goals and 30-35 points. now if he were on pace for 5 goals then i'd want him fighting more often.

Peca to me is def. a dirty player, but the type of player you'd love to have on your team. He is no different then messier when he was younger or other nasty players. What's sad is that Peca is more known for his checks and defense than for the fact that {if and when healthy} he is a solid 20-25 goal, 50-60 point player as well.

agree with almost everything u said, but for the Godard part. Godard had trouble with Brashear that was really it. Cairns has really done most of the fighting this year. Godard hurt his shoulder, and Cairns being who he is, has taken the role on. Simon is a much better player than Sandra.

As for peca agree completely. The thing is more people would like to see him as Capt Crunch rather than scoring. When he wants to he can turn someones lights out.

Old
01-11-2004, 04:28 PM
TrueBlue4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
that peca is losing sleep over those three. Barnaby won't go with asham, and simon who is a spot picker IMO, wouldnt go with Godard. I wouldnt want to get peca to mad though, u know he has the capability to turn out someone's lights...Mr Eric Lindros
ya like that one time when he took a run at holik and instead knocked himself out lol
lindros and kasper were killing the islanders on saturday

Old
01-11-2004, 06:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This thread is off topic and getting out of hand. And closed.

If you must continue, take it pms.