HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Staal and Dubinsky to sit? Updated: They're Playing

Old
10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
[B]Renneys illogical mancrush on Hossa continues. I wonder if he gets butterflies in his stomach anytime Hossa walks by him.
Yeah, but I don't think anyone with an illogical manhate for Hossa is any better. I wonder if they spontaneously vomit anytime he steps on the ice.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Posted this one the Hossa thread too.

Allright, calm down buckaroos. Sam and Steve have updated their blogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Weinman
According to our pal Steve Zipay of Newsday, Jason Strudwick will play in place of Paul Mara tonight against Ottawa. Strudwick will be paired with Staal.

On the forward front, Blair Betts will remain between Ryan Hollweg and Colton Orr, making Marcel Hossa a healthy scratch for the second straight game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Zipay
Jason Strudwick will start, paired with Marc Staal.

Marcel Hossa is a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game, as Renney kept the Betts-Hollweg-Orr line intact.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 04:08 PM
AXN

Mara is a healthy scratch?

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
n_a_c

I think sitting Mara is one of two things - or both.

Either he wants to see if standing around in a suit wakes him up so that he'll step up his game and play like a $3mil defender.

Or he wants to see if the team can play well without him. So that he can be traded to save cap space for a late season trade - or at least to stay under the cap for the season and not have to transfer cap space to next year.

If I were Renney and Sather - I'd want Mara playing up to his salary - meaning considerably better than Strudwick or Pock. But at this point, I don't think he is doing that. He perhaps brings the best of each into one body - but not much more. Meaning - the passing of Pock with perhaps the aggresiveness of Strudwick, and I suppose a little better defensively than either. But not much.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
JayMan82

How about the possibility of sending Mara back out to Phoenix in a multiple player deal???

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
How about the possibility of sending Mara back out to Phoenix in a multiple player deal???
Living in Washington and knowing how thin the Caps defense is, I bet we could pry a solid prospect away for Mara. As I said in the GDT: Mara and Dawes for Fleischmann and Bouchard.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
mattyd99

Why do we always have to trade someone? They've played one game, let the season pan out a little bit. And yes, Mara isn't exactly playing like a 3 mil/year player but I would rather see him out there every night then Strudwick or Pock. I really think Mara is being benched for his double minor, and he'll be back out there Wednesday and who knows maybe Staal will be benched for Pock. For all we know Renney might just rotate guys in and out of that 3rd pair to keep all 8 dmen playing.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 10:07 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
I'm worried about how good mara will be over a full season but wow I can't believe he was scratched for freaking strudwick.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
AXN

unfortunately Strudwick played as well.

Old
10-06-2007, 10:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
I'm worried about how good mara will be over a full season but wow I can't believe he was scratched for freaking strudwick.
maybe sather is trying to move mara for something, or they are showcasing someone, hopefully not Staal.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
AXN

they are not trading Staal or Girardi. I don't think it is Strudwick. It has to be Mara. The trade has to be close for him to be scratched. I thought Mara was not that bad in the game against the panthers.

Old
10-06-2007, 11:18 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
they are not trading Staal or Girardi. I don't think it is Strudwick. It has to be Mara. The trade has to be close for him to be scratched. I thought Mara was not that bad in the game against the panthers.
i think something is up, its odd that mara is scatched. i hope they are showcasing malik but i doubt it

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
JR#9*

I don't like either decision.

Struds is the 8th dman on this team..behind Pock, and Mara IMO didn't deserve to be scratched for either og those 2 this early in the season.

And no we have Betts as the 3rd line center which was what everybody feared over the summer when they let Cullen go and didn't bring in a replacement.

If Dubi isn't up to centering the 3rd line spot send him down to further develop getting 1st line minutes in the AHL and bring in somebody who fits that role and who can get the most out of Prucha-Cally.

Now with Avery down if further complicates matters but the personel decisions and lines probrably have always been my biggest complaint with Renney.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote