HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
10-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Jay88*

vCash: 500
Hossa

I personally dont like him and feel he will never be what NYR wants him to be, and its knd of obvious, I think.

He is very lazy looking and inconsistent to regulary.

Anyway this quote by renney has me thinking what is Renneys fascination with Hossa.

"There were times during the (Florida) game where on the bench I went, hmm, I wonder what we'd get in this situation if [Hossa] were out there," Renney said.

Whats this guy see in Hossa, so he could kill some penalties, big ****ing deal.

These guy needs to be gone and hi being inserted in placeof a youngster with better talent,well its seeming Hossa being here cold put halts on certain young players development, getting inserted when its really no necessary. I mean he is not in so many ways going to halt developement, but there is no reason a young=ster should be scratched for Hossa, any one being sratched for Hossa. Now maybe if he was an impact player i could see the point. But I dont think Hossa's game is going to do anything for NYR, cause what really is his game, he has none. IMO.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:43 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Defense wins games.

Hossa = Excellent Defense

Enough said, Dubinsky Out, Hossa in tonight, switch it all around. Get avery off that 2nd line if he wants be that invisible and miss a completely open net from a great feed and shoot it wide (yes I know it was just the first game)

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Defense wins games.

Enough said, Dubinsky Out, Hossa in tonight, switch it all around. Get avery off that 2nd line if he wants be that invisible and miss a completely open net from a great feed and shoot it wide (yes I know it was just the first game)
I agree ,Avery did miss an open net by like 3 feet. As I stated I thnk Avery is a high skilled 3rd liner, able to fill in on 2nd line if needed.

Also yes, defense wins games. But scratching one person and switching around a line up for Hossa as if he really is so great defensively, and like he will mean that much more if he is not in.

Realistically NYR dont need Hossa and wont be missed if he is not inserted in the lineup.

Enough said.

Old
10-06-2007, 09:31 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I agree ,Avery did miss an open net by like 3 feet. As I stated I thnk Avery is a high skilled 3rd liner, able to fill in on 2nd line if needed.

Also yes, defense wins games. But scratching one person and switching around a line up for Hossa as if he really is so great defensively, and like he will mean that much more if he is not in.

Realistically NYR dont need Hossa and wont be missed if he is not inserted in the lineup.

Enough said.
Well apparantely there were flaws in the NHL rookies' games where as Hossa has NHL experience and defense which they will need against the toughest first line and one of the best teams in the east. They will need defense to step up, because one thing is almost for sure, it won't be an offensive explosion, at least on the Ranger side it won't be.

Old
10-06-2007, 09:52 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm willing to give Dubinsky more than a game to impress, guys...

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 10:14 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm willing to give Dubinsky more than a game to impress, guys...
Yeah, so am I. Not against Ottawa.

Old
10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
eco's bones

Look at it this way--Jagr is probably going to be facing Fisher and whoever his linemates are and Phillips and Volchenkov. Good physical players. Moving Straka with Prucha and Callahan should make that line better offensively. Moving Hossa onto Jagr's line makes it more physical and able to grind down low against what I think is going to be Ottawa's strategy.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 11:32 AM
TheHotRock

hossa over hollweg makes more sense to me, hollweg plays 5 minutes and spends 10 in the box, we don't need that cracka taking up a jersey. hossa is a good special teams guy and can play on any line, its good ot have guys like that in the lineup. not rocket science

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
The Thomas J.*

Dubinsky has to learn evantually, i'd rather see him sit & watch Hossa go down in flames.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

This is the reason we will be seeing Hossa until he is 35...

"I still think there's a dormant offensive game there."

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
h0ckeyman

Hossa is completely under-rated by ranger fans. Defensively hes great, he knows how to use his body to grind it out along the boards. He has hot streaks, and to be honest i think lack of confidence is a factor in the reason why this guy doesnt score more often. He only 25 years old! anyone who knows hockey knows power-forwards usually take a lot longer to develop their game, ESPECIALLY in the new NHL. Marcel is still finding his game, and believe it or not, he is an asset to this hockey team who adds depth, and another option.

Stop hatin on marcel! Hes still young, and he still has a boatload of potential. Ranger fans need to learn how to be more patient.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
If you're going to go with youth, you go with youth. If the kid can't be trusted to play in the second game of the season against a good team, then he really shouldn't be on the roster in the first place. If the coaches think he's NHL-ready then he ought to be playing.

Old
10-06-2007, 03:29 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Defense wins games.

since when is hossa excellent defense?

he is a bull in the offensive zone and he's improved vastly on defense where i'd say he's competent but no way would i ever say its excellent.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
that's a good point. not the game you want to be making 'rookie mistakes' in. 2 point are on the line here. you guys worry too much. Staal and Dubi WILL be back in the lineup. Renney does have a problem with too many players on the roster to the point where he'll have to sort out what will end up happening with all of them. Also, if we ever hope to trade one of them, he'll have to play them at some point for whoever is scouting.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
that's a good point. not the game you want to be making 'rookie mistakes' in. 2 point are on the line here. you guys worry too much. Staal and Dubi WILL be back in the lineup. Renney does have a problem with too many players on the roster to the point where he'll have to sort out what will end up happening with all of them. Also, if we ever hope to trade one of them, he'll have to play them at some point for whoever is scouting.
So should we hold Dubinsky and Staal out of every game against every good opponent? We'll never know if they can handle playing against the better teams in the league if we don't give them the opportunity. Giving them the experience now will only be beneficial to the team later in the year, when the players will be facing real pressure.

Again, part of playing rookies is dealing with their inevitable mistakes. If we're going to hide them from good teams, well, then they ought to just be down in the AHL.

Old
10-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Hossa is completely under-rated by ranger fans. Defensively hes great, he knows how to use his body to grind it out along the boards. He has hot streaks, and to be honest i think lack of confidence is a factor in the reason why this guy doesnt score more often. He only 25 years old! anyone who knows hockey knows power-forwards usually take a lot longer to develop their game, ESPECIALLY in the new NHL. Marcel is still finding his game, and believe it or not, he is an asset to this hockey team who adds depth, and another option.

Stop hatin on marcel! Hes still young, and he still has a boatload of potential. Ranger fans need to learn how to be more patient.
And that's all I got to say about that.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 03:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Allright, calm down buckaroos. Sam and Steve have updated their blogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Weinman
According to our pal Steve Zipay of Newsday, Jason Strudwick will play in place of Paul Mara tonight against Ottawa. Strudwick will be paired with Staal.

On the forward front, Blair Betts will remain between Ryan Hollweg and Colton Orr, making Marcel Hossa a healthy scratch for the second straight game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Zipay
Jason Strudwick will start, paired with Marc Staal.

Marcel Hossa is a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game, as Renney kept the Betts-Hollweg-Orr line intact.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 07:54 PM
ohbaby

Don't worry guys, Hossa will be back soon showing his stuff. Jagr is having a tough time of it by himself. Hossa takes a lot of pressure off of Jagr. Drury is playing well on the first line but Straka is bringing nothing to it. That line needs Hossa's board work.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Don't worry guys, Hossa will be back soon showing his stuff. Jagr is having a tough time of it by himself. Hossa took a lot of pressure off of Jagr. Drury is playing well on the first line but Straka is bringing nothing to it. That line needs Hossa's board work
Which is why i always felt nylander should have been signed for 3 years over Gomez and Drury a must signing.

that chemistry is just not there, atleast of yet.

Old
10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Well that concludes the Orr experiment. Completely useless for the 2nd game in a row, Neil is going around throwing elbows and Orr who is suppose to protect our players does nothing.

And for the 2nd game in a row we are looking for offense, something Hossa brings that Orr does not.

Welcome back Hossa.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Well that concludes the Orr experiment. Completely useless for the 2nd game in a row, Neil is going around throwing elbows and Orr who is suppose to protect our players does nothing.

And for the 2nd game in a row we are looking for offense, something Hossa brings that Orr does not.

Welcome back Hossa.
Orr still going to play with Avery out.

But I agree that Orr didn't do his job tonight.

10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
ohbaby

The thing is we need to get Jagr going. That's what Hossa is all about. Got nothing to do with Orr or any other 4th liner.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
The thing is we need to get Jagr going. That's what Hossa is all about. Got nothing to do with Orr or any other 4th liner.
Fair enough but Orr is still going to be in the lineup. Assuming Avery is not back on Wednesday.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Fair enough but Orr is still going to be in the lineup. Assuming Avery is not back on Wednesday.
They could call up Dawes... (I doubt that'll happen, but that is a way in which Orr could not play with Avery out.)

Hossa should never sit in favor of either Orr or Hollweg. Period. We can debate other players on the team, but unless you're sending Marcel a message for something, he should not sit for those guys.

Now, Jags still ain't going - last year we saw him feed off of Marcel. They were great together. Marcel's been on the bench for two games. Orr in particular has done nothing (although will probably be back with Avery out). Time to bring Hossa back. We insert him on the first line, move Marty back and get ready to go on Wednesday.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I find it hard to believe that having Hossa in the lineup would have made any difference. You can make a valid argument that he would be more useful than Orr was but the problem tonight was aside from 3 or 4 guys, and Henrik, nobody had a good game. Hossa wouldn't change that.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote