Notices

GAME 5 GDT DUCKS @ Penguins 10/6/07...4:30 PM PT

Old
10-07-2007, 01:12 AM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Well, the Ducks have been relying too much on their goalie here the last couple of games. It was only a matter of time until one of our goalies had a bad night and our flaws were shown.

Other than that, we played better than we did in C-Bus, so that's good I guess.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:23 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Wasn't Columbus our opponent last year when we had that meltdown? Where we lost a 3 goal lead in the third or something? What is it with Columbus?

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:25 AM
lux_interior

Yes it was. That was the only regular season Ducks game I went to last year. What a memory.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:31 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Could you imagine the pain if Columbus managed to trade for Cheechoo and Modano? Stupid Crap-umbus.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:13 AM
MOENing

what were the patchs on the pens shoulders for? It had the numbers 250 on them.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
what were the patchs on the pens shoulders for? It had the numbers 250 on them.
Commemorating the 250 year anniversary of the founding of Pittsburgh.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Wasn't Columbus our opponent last year when we had that meltdown? Where we lost a 3 goal lead in the third or something? What is it with Columbus?
I think it was that we lost a 3 goal lead in the last 10 minutes...painful to remember.

Lux, I was supposed to be at that game too, but afterwards I was so glad I didn't go.
And I agree--sure, the road to defending the Cup isn't nearly as fun as the road to winning it (or at least it hasn't been so far...), but at least we're getting the chance to defend it! I find that the loses so far this season aren't nearly as painful as the ones, say, in the '03-'04 season when we still had never experienced seeing them be at the top and still had that terrible yearning to see them hoist it up after being so close (only to watch them have a terrible season). The reason it's depressing now is because we're not used to seeing this team lose.

Ducks__Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Randall Graves*

I wonder how long the travel is going to be used as a crutch, I hope now that this trip is over it's no longer used as an excuse. I also don't get how they can somehow find alot more energy for this one, yet look like total crap in the previous two games.

It's also very apparent that Andy McDonald has no chemistry with anyone, and how can he playing with guys who don't thrive in transition like he does? He's really unable to get anything going.

King..he rushes everything when he's pressured, lacks poise imo.

Outside of Kunitz, Beauch and Getzlaf nobody played well at all.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Theridion

king and mcdonald are fine.

If you are worried about the duck's transition, it starts from the defensive zone. too often the defensemen are rushing passes into the neutral zone. Even if a duck player accepts the pass (and doesn't just redirect it into the offensive zone) the defensemen are TOO FAR back. You end up having 2 forwards trying to penetrate the offensive zone, and when they do, they have very little support.

The ducks are getting stretched out.

One major reason for this is a lack of scotty Nieds. The ducks don't NIEDS him in order to transition smoothly from their zone, but he has been a major part of it for the last few years. Now that he is not there to fill that hole, the defensemen need to step up and dish the puck to forwards while they have momentum... and stay up with the play themselves.

Anyhoo, that's my thought. Ducks are getting stretched between the defensive zone and the opponent's blueline. A lot of players are getting caught flat footed (with and without the puck), and a lot of players are being caught behind the play.

This team is far too skilled to not finish in the top 6-7 of the west, and all these problems will be ironed out.

If we could get shnieder moving the puck a bit, that'd be nice too... until then, we can just blame hnidy for all our problems...

king looked good, he was just rushing things. he had a lot of opportunities to move the puck and he choked a bit. I think he can hold a spot on this roster, perhaps in the top 6? Its going to take a little while for new lines to gel....

Theridion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 08:24 AM
kenabnrmal

I haven't actually seen on game yet this season aside from highlights, so I can't say too much about the actual game, but I wouldn't panic just yet. A transcontinental road trip from hell without some major pieces, it could be a hell of a lot worse. The Pens are too talented a team not to play at 100%, and clearly this team isn't right now. They're off till Wednesday, I think we'll see a completely different Ducks team that night again Boston.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
renodave

I think fatigue was a huge factor over the last couple of games. Pronger looked very spent at times during the Pens game. Not having Nieds around is forcing everyone to work harder on both ends of the ice. The Kunitz, Perry, Getzlaf line continues to dominate and might be one of the best lines in the league. On the other hand, Mac and Bertuzzi look totally lost out there. With some rest and the return of the injured players, I think the Ducks are going to be okay. But it's clear the Ducks are nowhere near the dominant team they were last year.

renodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I was so pissed off after watching the game that I decided not to post on here. Well seeing as how my Bears managed to come back against the Packers I'm feeling a little better, so I will give my thoughts on the game. Ok here it goes.

1.) Bryzgalov is better then Hiller. I will be completely fine with Hiller being the backup for the future, but I'd take Bryz any day. Hiller was decent in the game.

2.) I thought Drats was playing ok, then he had that meltdown where Armstrong made him his ******.

3.) I DO NOT like Hindy on this team. I will take Dipenta over him any day.

4.) I think Perry falls down once every shift. That guy needs some balance bad.

5.) Sammi is becoming more missed with each game he misses.

6.) Team is missing a puck moving defensmen. Schneider coming back will help alot. The teams transisition seems very slow, although that could come from fatigue.

7.) I thought King was ok, looked very nervous, but played decent IMO.

8.) I'm beginning to dislike Carter. I thought he would be a surprise in camp, but honestly I will take Mowers on the 4th line any day.

If Moen and Sammi are back next game I'd really like to see these line combos:

Kunitz-McDonald-Bertuzzi
King-Getzlaf-Perry
Moen-Pahlsson-R.Niedermayer
May-Marchant-Mowers/Parros

Pronger-O'Donnell
Beauchemin-Huskins
Dipenta-Drats

I would take drats over Hindy, but if they rotate those two it's fine with me. I'll take Dipenta over both though. He doesn't bring much to the table, but I'm not near as nervous with him in the lineup rather then the other two.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I'd be reluctant to touch the Kunitz-Getz-Perry line. They're the only line working right now.

Hee hee. Maybe it should be Perry-Gets-Kunitz.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
I'd be reluctant to touch the Kunitz-Getz-Perry line. They're the only line working right now.

Hee hee. Maybe it should be Perry-Gets-Kunitz.
I know what you mean and I was certain someone would say that. However, I think we need to get the other lines going as well. Bertuzzi and McDonald are lacking a guy on that line, so I say stick Kunie up there and put King with the twins for at least a period and see how it goes. Maybe that will provide some balance.

Old
10-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Ducks

I think the best move is to package up some players and make a trade for a top 6 forward to play with Bert and andymac.

Two solid offensive lines instead of one + healthy checking line back + schneider back on D + Giggy = a dominating team again and cup contender.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

It'd be nice to have our puck-moving captain back. Seriously, did anyone wake him up yet?

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
It'd be nice to have our puck-moving captain back. Seriously, did anyone wake him up yet?
treybrown you heard anything reguarding this?