HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sean Avery Injury Thread (Out 2-4 Weeks)

Old
10-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Jay88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
That's EXACTLY what I thought. The way he was dangling it, it looke like his shoulder was separated. And he went directly to the back. Hopefully it's not a bad one and he'll be back in less than 10.
Well from my expieience my shoulder was soar for about 7 days, and would constantly pop out if I moved it weird,so if thats the case Avery will be getting surgery asap, or be back when all soarness is gone, cause its a no joke injury and if and when he gets hit and it puts pressure on the shoulder, it will be back to day one when it first happened.Thats if the shoulder is seperated. So if surgery is needed its to be done right away, if its just a minor muscle tear, then i dont know.

Whne I went for an xray the seperation didnt show, but an MRI showed every detail , dilocation ,tear and strain in my should

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
OpieAnthony

I had the game on DVR. Pause the hit at contact and Neil's arm is tucked into his body. His arm shoots out after contact which makes it look like an elbow. It was a totally clean hit.

OpieAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
newfish

Send a message via AIM to newfish
Hit is clean, but the player is dirty as hell.

Last edited by newfish: 10-07-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: im stupid
newfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfish View Post
Hit is clean, but the player is dirty as hell.
That's it in a nutshell.

I'd love to have him on the team though!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
jagrgodr

why dont we whine more about no whining in this thread.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
In The Flesh

when Avery comes back and we play OTT, Neil better watch out, Orr, Hollywood, and Avery will be in the lineup that night, Neil will get his.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
It does matter...hopefully he'll be back very soon...

Please keep Dawes down there.....please....
agreed, keep dawes down there, hossa can play.

Old
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
It looked pretty bad to me. I expect him to be out for a long period of time, maybe even the rest of the season.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 12:30 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootin'Tyutin View Post
It looked pretty bad to me. I expect him to be out for a long period of time, maybe even the rest of the season.
Lets not go overboard, it was just the 2nd game

But yea, it did look bad I and wouldn't be surprised if he was out 2 months.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:11 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
when Avery comes back and we play OTT, Neil better watch out, Orr, Hollywood, and Avery will be in the lineup that night, Neil will get his.
I dont think Neil would be too afraid of any of them....

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
No one is whining.

Also, let's not call it "a legal clean hit" when Neil was assessed a penalty. I get that you think that was a bad call, but you still can't ignore the penalty component.

Finally, who has been saying that the Rangers would be the toughest team in the East? It's been debated ad nauseum on these boards whether or not we are tough enough, so I doubt you're getting that from fans on this board.

Seriously, you make yourself look foolish when you come in here leveling accusations at fans here without actually knowing what you're talking about.
Gonna have to disagree with that statement. Players are called for penalties all the time for clean hits. Maybe Neil's elbow did come up a bit, but it looked to me like it was more a part of the finish then leading with it. Let's be honest...we would have all be calling BS if Hollweg had thrown the hit and people were clamoring for him to be suspended. I'm getting tired of all the efforts to remove the physical aspect of the game. Hockey is about intimidation, and if you can't hit someone hard they might as well just shut the league down. Avery was unlucky and got injured. But that's just part of the game.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
I'd love to have him on the team though!
Same here. The hit was clearly clean, just really unlucky that it injured Avery's shoulder. No need to fuss about Neil (which no one is).

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc1709 View Post
my guess is that its teh same injury that jagr had 2 years ago remeber jagr had his shoudler hanging the same way avery did
A broken collarbone often results in the same arm hanging motion too. I wouldn't put too much stock into a serious injury until the info comes out, then we can start worrying.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:46 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
see but once again you miss the point, it's Spezza and Alfie and Fischer who will have to look for the late hits like the one delivered to Prucha and which Neil has made a habit of doing vs the Rangers so while nobody expects Neil to stop trying and run people or devliver late hits what will stop him is when Hollweg runs Spezza 3 strides after devilering a pass and just watch Neils game get reigned in.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:50 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
So if he's examined by doctors today, we might have to wait until the Monday papers for official word on the extent of his injury.

That's unless one of the blogs finds out first and posts something today...

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
see but once again you miss the point, it's Spezza and Alfie and Fischer who will have to look for the late hits like the one delivered to Prucha and which Neil has made a habit of doing vs the Rangers so while nobody expects Neil to stop trying and run people or devliver late hits what will stop him is when Hollweg runs Spezza 3 strides after devilering a pass and just watch Neils game get reigned in.

thats all Hollweg does anyway, if it's not a charge, it's a board or hit from behind, he is just a less talented Chris Neil

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
thats all Hollweg does anyway, if it's not a charge, it's a board or hit from behind, he is just a less talented Chris Neil
Come on now, 90% of Hollwegs checks are clean. I bet if hollweg wasn't on the rangers and Simon didn't chop at him like a tree none of this would have been said.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Prucha View Post
Come on now, 90% of Hollwegs checks are clean. I bet if hollweg wasn't on the rangers and Simon didn't chop at him like a tree none of this would have been said.
Come on are you kidding me with that statement? I would dislike him regardless, just like i disliked Avery in LA and Det. Not even close to 90% of hits are clean. Majority are late, charges, or are from behind.

As far as the Neil hit goes, not really sure how anyone can say that was a dirty hit. Player yes, hit absolutely not.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:26 PM
falling2infinity319

What's amazing to me, is that Avery's left arm is the one that was hanging when he landed on his right. Odd. It looks like he lifted his right arm a bit to try to absorb the hit and I guess Neil got under it enough and the arm got knocked out on impact.

falling2infinity319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This is not going to become another Hollweg is dirty/no he'd not thread. The topic is Avery's injury.

10-07-2007, 04:31 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Why do you say that like Neil's the toughest guy in the league, I'm sorry but I think Orr would rock the **** of Neil.

Old
10-07-2007, 04:40 PM
ATrain24

Quote:
Why do you say that like Neil's the toughest guy in the league, I'm sorry but I think Orr would rock the **** of Neil.
orr vs mcgrattan neil vs avery it is going to be 2-0 sens again...fisher cant take the next fight or shubert.....too bad volchenkov at 6 foot 1 232lbs doesnt fight.

ATrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
A guy like Chris Neil gets paid because he is never intimidated. He goes out and plays his game, and it is an on the edge, hit to hurt game. Even if Orr fought Neil and whooped up on Neil it wouldn't stop Neil from doing what he does.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Pogo

This thread is ********, I come in here to get an update on Avery's freakin shoulder and it's just more of the same dribble as practically every other thread. Why don't we just scrap the separate thread method and make a giant one called "Talk out your ass about anything" thread?

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
A guy like Chris Neil gets paid because he is never intimidated. He goes out and plays his game, and it is an on the edge, hit to hurt game. Even if Orr fought Neil and whooped up on Neil it wouldn't stop Neil from doing what he does.
Exactly, which is why Chris Neil is one of my favorite players.

That hit on Avery was gorgeous and timed perfectly.

Neil is dirty but within the rules.

Love the guy and I'd love him in New York.

Hope Avery's fine, but he's gotta keep his head up or he'll get freight trained again.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote