HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers and Panthers proposal?

Old
10-07-2007, 03:24 AM
oilers9911

vCash: 500
Oilers and Panthers proposal?

Torres, Horcoff and Gilbert for Jokinen.

oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:32 AM
The Polak*

Why did you have to post this?

Cue another 10 page oiler bashing thread.

Why would Florida do this? Why would they want to downgrade badly on center just for torres and gilbert?

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:43 AM
CaNucK10

lmao lol hahhah torres = 3rd liner so is horcoff jokinen is the captain... captain trades dont happen too OFTEN. jokinen is worth wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that

CaNucK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:43 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Yeah, I don't think Florida takes this deal.

10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
oil slick

oh god.

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
UAGoalieGuy

If the Panthers would even consider trading Jokinen, you would have to include (more than likely) Gagner and Smid to start. I doubt the Oilers would want to do that as well.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
If the Panthers would even consider trading Jokinen, you would have to include (more than likely) Gagner and Smid to start. I doubt the Oilers would want to do that as well.
I think that would be declined as well. Not in terms of value, but I think I just heard that it's been a good 6-7 years since Florida has made the playoffs. Then they pick up Vokoun and have been filling out the D-core the past 2 years. It's playoffs or bust.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Yuck! Ollies a great player, but not a player that can single handidly lead us to the playoffs.
Not that crazy about Smid, but Gilbert, and Gagne will be fun to watch all year. Plus Ollies salary makes it a tough deal as well.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

This is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:50 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I think that would be declined as well. Not in terms of value, but I think I just heard that it's been a good 6-7 years since Florida has made the playoffs. Then they pick up Vokoun and have been filling out the D-core the past 2 years. It's playoffs or bust.
lol yeah that was the point I was trying to get across, or was thinking in my mind but it was too early in the AM for me to get it across cohertently. FL is going in the direction of attempting to be a playoff team whereas the Oilers are shooting for the playoffs, as all team are, but are rebuilding imo. So a jokinen for gagner and smid (not a proposal, but an example) would not be in the best interest for either team. IMO, Jokinen has untouchable, unless for an upgrade.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

All the other members please ignore it..This is a very stupid proposal!!!!!

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:16 PM
awwsoclose

lol we have enough problems on the team as it is. We would not want to trade our 1st line center

awwsoclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
spot

This is not sooo stupid in terms of value. The only thing is this wouldn't be what Florida needs. I could see a similar proposal to pry Kovalchuck out from Atlanta. Atlanta needs more depth. They need to resign Hossa. Kovy has been in the "outs" on more then one occasion. Atlanta has had a slow start. Atlanta needs to have some immediate success soon..so it could work with them

To: Atlanta
Horcoff
Torres
Smid
Shremp

To: Edmonton
Ilya Kovalchuck

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
flyguy1234*

Come on...Jokinen for that pile of crap? Next thing you'll want Luongo traded for Bertuzzi! Or maybe Thornton for Wayne Primeau! No, that'll never happen!

Awful deal. Jokinen is one of the best players in the league. 3rd line players don't come close to his worth.

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
This is not sooo stupid in terms of value. The only thing is this wouldn't be what Florida needs. I could see a similar proposal to pry Kovalchuck out from Atlanta. Atlanta needs more depth. They need to resign Hossa. Kovy has been in the "outs" on more then one occasion. Atlanta has had a slow start. Atlanta needs to have some immediate success soon..so it could work with them

To: Atlanta
Horcoff
Torres
Smid
Shremp

To: Edmonton
Ilya Kovalchuck
You're not getting Kovalchuk without giving up Pitkanen or Hemsky.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:50 AM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Oh Christ. Here we go again.

[disclaimer]
The Edmonton Oilers HFBoards Community takes no responsibility for and does not share the opinion of abysmal trade proposals. Please be aware we don't have control over "stragglers". We are sick of continous flame-infested threads because one user didn't eat his Wheaties in the morning. Carry on.
[/disclaimer]

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 04:42 AM
alphahelix

for the record, the oilers could -definetly- get kovalchuk without giving up pitkanen or hemsky. quantity for quality trades happen all the time. remember when we definetly wouldnt be able to get pitkanen without trading hemsky +? that was the consensus of flyers fans. i assume you're an atlanta fan. if we were willing to part with some quality assets and put together the best package for kovalchuk, we could have him, and it wouldn't have to include hemsky or pitkanen. maybe that particular package isnt quite what atlanta needs, but rest assured edmonton has the assets to put together a more than worthy package without including pitkanen or hemsky. that is all.

(a myriad of highly touted recently drafted first round prospects? (8+ to choose from; including Schremp, Cogliano, Gagner, Grebeshkov, Nash, Plante, Pouliot, the list goes on), any number of draft picks from 08/09 (we still have 1st, 2nd etc despite the penner rfa acquisition), a solid number of quality NHL forwards and defencemen who are still mostly all relatively young! (stoll, torres, penner, horcoff, greene, gilbert, reasoner etc) , as well as quality veterans who would definetly be available in the result of kovalchuk being on the block (souray, staios, moreau, sanderson, tarnstrom); as well as promising young players such as Taylor Chorney (captain of US u18 team), Jeff Petry (future star), and many other possibilities. With the gaping holes in Atlanta's line-up both NHL and prospect wise, I think that the possibility of a quantity for quality trade in this situation not only exists but could be extremely favourable to Atlanta as a team.

Last edited by alphahelix: 10-08-2007 at 04:54 AM.
alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 07:44 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers9911 View Post
Torres, Horcoff and Gilbert for Jokinen.
Jacques Martin is not about to run his team into the sewer too

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Jacques Martin is not about to run his team into the sewer too
Fun Fact: Both teams finished 12th in their respective conferences last year.
One team was decimated by injuries. One was not. Both teams need hip-waders.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
In The Flesh

why would they trade their cpt for 3 chumps.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
for the record, the oilers could -definetly- get kovalchuk without giving up pitkanen or hemsky. quantity for quality trades happen all the time. remember when we definetly wouldnt be able to get pitkanen without trading hemsky +? that was the consensus of flyers fans. i assume you're an atlanta fan. if we were willing to part with some quality assets and put together the best package for kovalchuk, we could have him, and it wouldn't have to include hemsky or pitkanen. maybe that particular package isnt quite what atlanta needs, but rest assured edmonton has the assets to put together a more than worthy package without including pitkanen or hemsky. that is all.

(a myriad of highly touted recently drafted first round prospects? (8+ to choose from; including Schremp, Cogliano, Gagner, Grebeshkov, Nash, Plante, Pouliot, the list goes on), any number of draft picks from 08/09 (we still have 1st, 2nd etc despite the penner rfa acquisition), a solid number of quality NHL forwards and defencemen who are still mostly all relatively young! (stoll, torres, penner, horcoff, greene, gilbert, reasoner etc) , as well as quality veterans who would definetly be available in the result of kovalchuk being on the block (souray, staios, moreau, sanderson, tarnstrom); as well as promising young players such as Taylor Chorney (captain of US u18 team), Jeff Petry (future star), and many other possibilities. With the gaping holes in Atlanta's line-up both NHL and prospect wise, I think that the possibility of a quantity for quality trade in this situation not only exists but could be extremely favourable to Atlanta as a team.

No they couldn't. Tell me, if you were a GM trying to save your job by getting your team into the playoffs, would you trade a star winger for picks and prospects?

10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like quantity for quality to me, so pass.

10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234 View Post
Come on...Jokinen for that pile of crap? Next thing you'll want Luongo traded for Bertuzzi! Or maybe Thornton for Wayne Primeau! No, that'll never happen!

Awful deal. Jokinen is one of the best players in the league. 3rd line players don't come close to his worth.
+1, all of our 3rd line players are better than that offer.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Bring back Nuny!

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
Oh Christ. Here we go again.

[disclaimer]
The Edmonton Oilers HFBoards Community takes no responsibility for and does not share the opinion of abysmal trade proposals. Please be aware we don't have control over "stragglers". We are sick of continous flame-infested threads because one user didn't eat his Wheaties in the morning. Carry on.
[/disclaimer]
Dude, you rock. And, that avatar is just priceless.