HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers and Panthers proposal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2007, 03:24 AM
  #1
oilers9911
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: calgary
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Oilers and Panthers proposal?

Torres, Horcoff and Gilbert for Jokinen.

oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:32 AM
  #2
The Polak*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Why did you have to post this?

Cue another 10 page oiler bashing thread.

Why would Florida do this? Why would they want to downgrade badly on center just for torres and gilbert?

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:43 AM
  #3
CaNucK10
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
lmao lol hahhah torres = 3rd liner so is horcoff jokinen is the captain... captain trades dont happen too OFTEN. jokinen is worth wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that

CaNucK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 03:43 AM
  #4
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,226
vCash: 50
Yeah, I don't think Florida takes this deal.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
  #5
oil slick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 500
oh god.

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
  #6
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,712
vCash: 500
If the Panthers would even consider trading Jokinen, you would have to include (more than likely) Gagner and Smid to start. I doubt the Oilers would want to do that as well.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
  #7
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
If the Panthers would even consider trading Jokinen, you would have to include (more than likely) Gagner and Smid to start. I doubt the Oilers would want to do that as well.
I think that would be declined as well. Not in terms of value, but I think I just heard that it's been a good 6-7 years since Florida has made the playoffs. Then they pick up Vokoun and have been filling out the D-core the past 2 years. It's playoffs or bust.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
  #8
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,798
vCash: 50
Yuck! Ollies a great player, but not a player that can single handidly lead us to the playoffs.
Not that crazy about Smid, but Gilbert, and Gagne will be fun to watch all year. Plus Ollies salary makes it a tough deal as well.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
  #9
PANTHERS OWN YOU*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500


This is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:50 PM
  #10
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I think that would be declined as well. Not in terms of value, but I think I just heard that it's been a good 6-7 years since Florida has made the playoffs. Then they pick up Vokoun and have been filling out the D-core the past 2 years. It's playoffs or bust.
lol yeah that was the point I was trying to get across, or was thinking in my mind but it was too early in the AM for me to get it across cohertently. FL is going in the direction of attempting to be a playoff team whereas the Oilers are shooting for the playoffs, as all team are, but are rebuilding imo. So a jokinen for gagner and smid (not a proposal, but an example) would not be in the best interest for either team. IMO, Jokinen has untouchable, unless for an upgrade.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 01:57 PM
  #11
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,100
vCash: 500
All the other members please ignore it..This is a very stupid proposal!!!!!

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 02:16 PM
  #12
awwsoclose
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Countdown County, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
lol we have enough problems on the team as it is. We would not want to trade our 1st line center

awwsoclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:14 PM
  #13
spot
Registered User
 
spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
This is not sooo stupid in terms of value. The only thing is this wouldn't be what Florida needs. I could see a similar proposal to pry Kovalchuck out from Atlanta. Atlanta needs more depth. They need to resign Hossa. Kovy has been in the "outs" on more then one occasion. Atlanta has had a slow start. Atlanta needs to have some immediate success soon..so it could work with them

To: Atlanta
Horcoff
Torres
Smid
Shremp

To: Edmonton
Ilya Kovalchuck

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
  #14
flyguy1234*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philly
Country: Christmas Island
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Come on...Jokinen for that pile of crap? Next thing you'll want Luongo traded for Bertuzzi! Or maybe Thornton for Wayne Primeau! No, that'll never happen!

Awful deal. Jokinen is one of the best players in the league. 3rd line players don't come close to his worth.

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:45 AM
  #15
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
This is not sooo stupid in terms of value. The only thing is this wouldn't be what Florida needs. I could see a similar proposal to pry Kovalchuck out from Atlanta. Atlanta needs more depth. They need to resign Hossa. Kovy has been in the "outs" on more then one occasion. Atlanta has had a slow start. Atlanta needs to have some immediate success soon..so it could work with them

To: Atlanta
Horcoff
Torres
Smid
Shremp

To: Edmonton
Ilya Kovalchuck
You're not getting Kovalchuk without giving up Pitkanen or Hemsky.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 03:50 AM
  #16
HFPM
Registered User
 
HFPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Leduc...
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Oh Christ. Here we go again.

[disclaimer]
The Edmonton Oilers HFBoards Community takes no responsibility for and does not share the opinion of abysmal trade proposals. Please be aware we don't have control over "stragglers". We are sick of continous flame-infested threads because one user didn't eat his Wheaties in the morning. Carry on.
[/disclaimer]

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 04:42 AM
  #17
alphahelix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
for the record, the oilers could -definetly- get kovalchuk without giving up pitkanen or hemsky. quantity for quality trades happen all the time. remember when we definetly wouldnt be able to get pitkanen without trading hemsky +? that was the consensus of flyers fans. i assume you're an atlanta fan. if we were willing to part with some quality assets and put together the best package for kovalchuk, we could have him, and it wouldn't have to include hemsky or pitkanen. maybe that particular package isnt quite what atlanta needs, but rest assured edmonton has the assets to put together a more than worthy package without including pitkanen or hemsky. that is all.

(a myriad of highly touted recently drafted first round prospects? (8+ to choose from; including Schremp, Cogliano, Gagner, Grebeshkov, Nash, Plante, Pouliot, the list goes on), any number of draft picks from 08/09 (we still have 1st, 2nd etc despite the penner rfa acquisition), a solid number of quality NHL forwards and defencemen who are still mostly all relatively young! (stoll, torres, penner, horcoff, greene, gilbert, reasoner etc) , as well as quality veterans who would definetly be available in the result of kovalchuk being on the block (souray, staios, moreau, sanderson, tarnstrom); as well as promising young players such as Taylor Chorney (captain of US u18 team), Jeff Petry (future star), and many other possibilities. With the gaping holes in Atlanta's line-up both NHL and prospect wise, I think that the possibility of a quantity for quality trade in this situation not only exists but could be extremely favourable to Atlanta as a team.


Last edited by alphahelix: 10-08-2007 at 04:54 AM.
alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 07:44 AM
  #18
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers9911 View Post
Torres, Horcoff and Gilbert for Jokinen.
Jacques Martin is not about to run his team into the sewer too

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
  #19
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,757
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Jacques Martin is not about to run his team into the sewer too
Fun Fact: Both teams finished 12th in their respective conferences last year.
One team was decimated by injuries. One was not. Both teams need hip-waders.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
  #20
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
why would they trade their cpt for 3 chumps.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:11 PM
  #21
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
for the record, the oilers could -definetly- get kovalchuk without giving up pitkanen or hemsky. quantity for quality trades happen all the time. remember when we definetly wouldnt be able to get pitkanen without trading hemsky +? that was the consensus of flyers fans. i assume you're an atlanta fan. if we were willing to part with some quality assets and put together the best package for kovalchuk, we could have him, and it wouldn't have to include hemsky or pitkanen. maybe that particular package isnt quite what atlanta needs, but rest assured edmonton has the assets to put together a more than worthy package without including pitkanen or hemsky. that is all.

(a myriad of highly touted recently drafted first round prospects? (8+ to choose from; including Schremp, Cogliano, Gagner, Grebeshkov, Nash, Plante, Pouliot, the list goes on), any number of draft picks from 08/09 (we still have 1st, 2nd etc despite the penner rfa acquisition), a solid number of quality NHL forwards and defencemen who are still mostly all relatively young! (stoll, torres, penner, horcoff, greene, gilbert, reasoner etc) , as well as quality veterans who would definetly be available in the result of kovalchuk being on the block (souray, staios, moreau, sanderson, tarnstrom); as well as promising young players such as Taylor Chorney (captain of US u18 team), Jeff Petry (future star), and many other possibilities. With the gaping holes in Atlanta's line-up both NHL and prospect wise, I think that the possibility of a quantity for quality trade in this situation not only exists but could be extremely favourable to Atlanta as a team.

No they couldn't. Tell me, if you were a GM trying to save your job by getting your team into the playoffs, would you trade a star winger for picks and prospects?

__________________
So I kissed him upside the cranium with that aluminum baseball bat
Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
  #22
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Sounds like quantity for quality to me, so pass.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
  #23
PANTHERS OWN YOU*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234 View Post
Come on...Jokinen for that pile of crap? Next thing you'll want Luongo traded for Bertuzzi! Or maybe Thornton for Wayne Primeau! No, that'll never happen!

Awful deal. Jokinen is one of the best players in the league. 3rd line players don't come close to his worth.
+1, all of our 3rd line players are better than that offer.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
  #24
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!
 
Clownpipe*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bhancoubhair
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Bring back Nuny!

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
  #25
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 39,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
Oh Christ. Here we go again.

[disclaimer]
The Edmonton Oilers HFBoards Community takes no responsibility for and does not share the opinion of abysmal trade proposals. Please be aware we don't have control over "stragglers". We are sick of continous flame-infested threads because one user didn't eat his Wheaties in the morning. Carry on.
[/disclaimer]
Dude, you rock. And, that avatar is just priceless.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.