HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gillett/Saku .....Here to stay!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Gillett/Saku .....Here to stay!

According to Jacques Demers on RDS(on tv, not their site)

He said that George Gillett really likes Saku Koivu and appreciates him, he also wouldn't like to move him to another team.

but George Gillett was the guy who wanted McKay here and look what happend!

Daniele Sauvageau, I really hate her, but she said, is saku koivu the third line centre the habs are looking for? A guy who can play at both ends of the ice while giving a huge offensive punch on the third line? and she said that would be an intersting lineup if Lecavalier was the habs 1st line centre.

Old
01-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
According to Jacques Demers on RDS(on tv, not their site)

He said that George Gillett really likes Saku Koivu and appreciates him, he also wouldn't like to move him to another team.

Daniele Sauvageau, I really hate her, but she said, is saku koivu the third line centre the habs are looking for? A guy who can play at both ends of the ice while giving a huge offensive punch on the third line? and she said that would be an intersting lineup if Lecavalier was the habs 1st line centre.
Of course it would be an interesting lineup with Lecavalier. Daniele Sauvageau must be some sort of genius to figure that out

Old
01-11-2004, 06:55 AM
habsfan11

Of course she would say that, almost everyone in the french media would like to see saku gone or take on a smaller role, in favor of other french canadian players.....saku is the most talented offensive player on the habs, not a 3rd line center.IMO

Old
01-11-2004, 07:03 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 162
I hope he likes Souray too cuz he ain't gonna sing for nuts

Old
01-11-2004, 07:08 AM
jcpenny

What's with all the hype surrounding Lecavalier?

Yeah i know that he's 6'4 with dazzling moves and he can skate but as far as i know he only has 23 points this year. I dont think that hes the kind of player you want to build your team around. This guy is not a winner and this goes from his junior years. At Rimouski, they thought tht he would bring a championship an it never happened. Team Canada Junior had a lot of hopes whn he made the team making him the number one center. Result? Worst finish ever for team Canada. Now today its problems with his coach i'm not saying that Tortorella is right but Lecavalier should produce more than he is right playing with a guy like St-Louis.

Saku koivu is twice the leader and fighter that Lecavalier will ever be. I know a lot of players that played in the Q when he was around and the word was clear. Ribeiro was the best player at that time hands down! Give ribeiro the size of Lecavalier and you the best player in the NHL. Even Richards has better numbers in the NHL than him. It doesnt mean that i wouldnt take him on my team, but for Koivu never. As long as he doesnt show me a little character he will still stay a talented player good for the show.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:09 AM
HABitude

That's easy to say “it would be nice to have Lecavalier irst center and Koivu 3rd center”, ... in a dream world but it will not happen because Lecavalier isn't going anywhere first.
Second, if Lecavalier comes to Montreal, what will be the return for Tampa Bay?

We could say “it would be nice to have Modano 1rst center, Sundin first center, etc,” maybe miss Sauvageau should come back in the real world and realise Montreal doesn't have the tradind tools to acquire Lecavalier.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:21 AM
HABitude

Quote:

Bad news for Saku's fans. It means the opposite. Read between the lines: it means Saku is for sale but Gillett thinks his value is high.
Let's say you want to sell your used car: someone tell you he gives you $2000 for your car. You think your car is worth $3500. First you say your car is not for sale. You like your car, he runs like a new, he's low cost repair, he's still looking good. Then the guy think about it and comes back 3 weeks later discussing the price and both of you conclude for $3500.

Gillett is a bizzness man, he just sended his message that Saku will not be traded for cheap. - reading in between the lines -

Old
01-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Koivu is not up for trade.
And thank god Lecavalier isn't either because I wouldn't want an overrated player as our 1st center when our 1st center right now (Koivu) is twice as good as him.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Marchy79

I don't think it's a 'read between the lines' quote... Gillette was very helpful when Koivu was sick with Cancer, he flew him to the best doctors, and was touched by Saku's drive in the process (I still remember the tears in Gillettes eyes when speaking of Koivu's illness a few years back, he was touched)
Watching Captain K on the ice... there is no way I would ever consider trading him. Life long Hab. I'd build a championship team for him to run with, and that IMO is what is being done. Saku is here to stay, there are a few others in that boat right now too... (I.E. Souray, Theodore, Komisarek, and Hainsey)

Old
01-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Traitor8

I wouldn't say Hainsey, I would think he is in the dog house right now but still..

More like
Theodore
Komisarek
Souray
Kostsitsyn
Ryder

Old
01-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Ghost, I wouldn't be so sure about Hainsey though. I like him, but I'm not that sure that the management is all that high on him. I don't think he'll get traded soon either, he's just not in the same boat with Saku, Theodore, Souray and Komisarek on that matter, IMO.

I don't think we have to read between the lines there, Koivu is very productive offensivly and is getting the job done defensivly too. He's been making the good plays and created an awful lot of scoring chances, so I just can't see him being traded anytime soon.

However, I could see us trading up for some help on the wings down the road since Dagenais isn't exactly a top-notch top six forward..

Old
01-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Malakhov

Koivu has 24 points in his last 25 games, he's not up for trade, 'nuff said.

Old
01-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Ghost, I wouldn't be so sure about Hainsey though. I like him, but I'm not that sure that the management is all that high on him. I don't think he'll get traded soon either, he's just not in the same boat with Saku, Theodore, Souray and Komisarek on that matter, IMO.

I don't think we have to read between the lines there, Koivu is very productive offensivly and is getting the job done defensivly too. He's been making the good plays and created an awful lot of scoring chances, so I just can't see him being traded anytime soon.

However, I could see us trading up for some help on the wings down the road since Dagenais isn't exactly a top-notch top six forward..
Yeah... I guess Hainsey is not at that level yet... But he would still be VERY expensive piece to obtain IMO
I believe Hainsey will prove himself as an NHL'er before he goes anywhere though IMO...

Dagenais is doing well, but I think they'll give Balej the shot on that wing... Someone was mentioning that he was called up before yesterday's game, but because of the snow storm, it was delayed...

Old
01-11-2004, 08:25 AM
chicpea*

Why don't we trade Daniele Sauvageau?

Old
01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Malakhov

And all the clowns on 110% who thinks Ribeiro is our 1st center.

Old
01-11-2004, 09:36 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
??? open your mind a little bit ,guy !

look at the idea with a different point of view and you 're going to reise that the idea is not as bad as you think; First stop to think in terms of 1- 2- 3 th lines...forget that the first liner is suppose to score more goals than the 3 th one...

now witch pack is the better ;[ Lecavalier, Ribeiro/Plekanec, Koivu ,Begin ] or [ Koivu,Ribeiro,Juneau,Begin ] ?Sometime Juneau has = or more ice time than Koivu because he 's playing againts the best line of the opposit team.Don't you think that Koivu will be an upgrade of Juneau ?Koivu will be great in that role .

lines next 1-2 years...imagine that...

Kastsitsyn ,Lecavalier ,Perezhogin
Zednik ,Ribeiro/plekanec, Balej
Bulis ,Koivu, Ryder
langdon/Hossa, Begin ,Ward/Sundstrom

so ,don't see it as Lecavalier to take the place of Koivu ,but Lecavalier taking the spot of Juneau...who cares about witch line is the 1-2-3 th just play them , and the ones who are hot a night have more ice.

give Ribeiro/PLekanek ,Defensman + pick for Lecavalier...

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 01-11-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old
01-11-2004, 09:40 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
And all the clowns on 110% who thinks Ribeiro is our 1st center.
it's not because few of them 've proposed to trading Koivu that it's mean they think that Ribeiro is a first line center...

Old
01-11-2004, 09:58 AM
HABitude

Lecavalier have a better value alone than Koivu. Period.
If there is a pool in the HF trading board on which has more value between Koivu and Lecavalier, Vinny wins with 85% of votes.

Not having heart and no drive is something that needs to be proven when we talk about Vinny Leca. He's from a much worse organisation than the Canadiens. Second floor of Tampa Bay are not from beeing morons.

Vinny is younger, taller, heavyer, faster, have fantastic deke moves and have a tremendious shot.
Koivu having more heart is just something Habs fans tends to say because they only watch Habs games. We live in a narrow world, we are biaised.

I'm a Habs fan but I try to stay realistic. I know there are some players from other teams that are pretty good and beeing partisan doesn't mean beeing blind.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Istvan

I doubt that Gainey will EVER make a trade just to acquire a Francophone player. This anglo/franco thing has been debated for decades and media types like to bring it up when they have nothing else to write about or they need to stir up a little controversy. If Kastitsyn plays like Lafleur nobody is going to wring their hands in anguish that he's not a Francophone.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
it's not because few of them 've proposed to trading Koivu that it's mean they think that Ribeiro is a first line center...
When I watched it last week they were talking as if Koivu wasn't our first line center. They kept saying he couldn't be a 1st line center anywhere and that he isnt even one here anymore.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Malakhov

"Lecavalier have a better value alone than Koivu. Period."

I don't care about value, I care about results.

"Not having heart and no drive is something that needs to be proven when we talk about Vinny Leca."

It's been proven a long time ago.

"Vinny is younger, taller, heavyer, faster, have fantastic deke moves and have a tremendious shot."

Koivu has more overall talent than Vinny.

"Koivu having more heart is just something Habs fans tends to say because they only watch Habs games. We live in a narrow world, we are biaised."

No, it's just a fact, even non habs fans will admit that Koivu has heart.

"I'm a Habs fan but I try to stay realistic. I know there are some players from other teams that are pretty good and beeing partisan doesn't mean beeing blind."

You're not being realistic. You've fallen into the media hype about Lecavalier here in Montreal. And that hype is all about because he's a somewhat talented french canadian player.

I'm a french canadian and I'm a habs fan but that doesn't make me a Vinny fanboy nonetheless, I am being realistic.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
You're wrong about that. They've all explicitely said (except Perron who did not agree) that Ribeiro WAS the Habs 1st center. That was during the 1st show after the holidays if you're wondering. I watched it to see who would have the decency to eat crow for their previous comments, since this was the mid-season evaluation period, and of course nobody really did.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
You're wrong about that. They've all explicitely said (except Perron who did not agree) that Ribeiro WAS the Habs 1st center. That was during the 1st show after the holidays if you're wondering. I watched it to see who would have the decency to eat crow for their previous comments, since this was the mid-season evaluation period, and of course nobody really did.
That show was so ridiculous. When Perron said that Ribeiro was a 2nd line center they were all looking at him as if he had just said the most incredibly stupid thing ever. Sigh...

Old
01-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 162
I rather have Koivu on the Habs than Lecavalier .... ever true Habs fan should feel the same way IMO .

Old
01-11-2004, 12:54 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I rather have Koivu on the Habs than Lecavalier .... ever true Habs fan should feel the same way IMO .
Agreed!

Closed Thread