HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers/Capitals Proposal

Old
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

vCash: 500
Panthers/Capitals Proposal

This is my first stab at one of these. Don't kill me, it doesn't seem too bad.

To Florida:
Alex Semin
Eric Fehr
Karl Alzner
1st in 08

To Washington:
Jay Bouwmeester
Shawn Matthias
Michal Repik

Since Florida does not have a 1st in this draft, they could get one and can draft a d-man in this year's draft, as this is the year for d-men. They could have a future of Alzner, Welch, Ellerby and 08 pick. Washington gets the big point man they've needed since Gonchar.

S2S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
So they'd trade away a proven all star defenseman at Bouw's age to hopefully draft one that will be anywhere near as good? I don't think so. Let alone within the division.

I don't see Washington tossing Semin that easily either. And Florida has zero reason to trade Matthias and Repik.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
I accept. I will also throw in Jokinen, Van Ryn, and Anderson.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

This is retarded. Alzner was amazing in the Super Series and is not slated to be a future No.1 D and Fehr is the best prospect in the Washington system. Alex Semin is a proven sniper and has already scored 38goals with a lack of a playmaker and is almost guaranteed a career season this year. A 1st in 08 is overdrive expecially considering the depth in this years draft + the fact it will be a mid 1st round pick.

Bouwmeester is a proven No.1 but I have no idea who the other two.

Seems terribly lopsided.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
This is retarded. Alzner was amazing in the Super Series and is not slated to be a future No.1 D and Fehr is the best prospect in the Washington system. Alex Semin is a proven sniper and has already scored 38goals with a lack of a playmaker and is almost guaranteed a career season this year. A 1st in 08 is overdrive expecially considering the depth in this years draft + the fact it will be a mid 1st round pick.

Bouwmeester is a proven No.1 but I have no idea who the other two.

Seems terribly lopsided.
Shows how much you know then...

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:15 PM
guest1467

I would take it from a Florida perspective.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:17 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, me too. The Panthers don't need a potential Norris winner.

Old
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
flyguy1234*

LOL, people thought Lazi ****kanen was the next Norris winner. Young players, man....don't call them potential Norris winners until they've got a good 5 seasons under their belt with consistent play.

I don't like this deal though. Not sure why Washington would give up Semin who's a total stud, and I'm not sure why Florida would give up Bouwmeester who's a total stud. Washington does need an upgrade at D and Florida could use some help in offense, but neither are deep enough at either position to make this type of deal. Plus, Washington can't afford to lose top prospects. They have to go for the future.

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Foy

Oh dear God no, from Washington's point of view. I mean Bouwmeester is one of the best d-men in the Eastern Conference right now, but just god, no freaking way.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

So, Bouwmeester isn't a potential Norris winner?

It's just a bad deal for bad teams. It addresses weaknesses both teams have, but creates other holes.

Old
10-07-2007, 11:43 PM
flyguy1234*

No, I don't see Bouwmeester as a potential Norris winner. Lidstrom and Gonchar will be the recipients for the next few years, followed by guys like Phaneuf, Whitney and that lazy crap in Edmonton, Pitkanen (tremendous upside). I actually consider Weber more of a candidate than Bouwmeester. EJ will have a few runs at the Norris and JJ will have a few runs at the Norris, as will Pronger. So basically, you've got Gonchar, Pronger, Lidstrom (maybe even Kaberle?) all vying for the Norris NOW, and in later years you've got Whitney, Lazy, Phaneuf, Weber, Johnson & Johnson. I don't see how Bouwmeester can wedge his way into Norris contention at any point in his career as long as he stays in Florida. He needs a spark to push him up to the elite status. Maybe that'll happen to Lazi?

Old
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Oh dear God no, from Washington's point of view. I mean Bouwmeester is one of the best d-men in the Eastern Conference right now, but just god, no freaking way.
x2

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:26 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sánchez View Post
Shows how much you know then...
Puts it all in perspective doesen't it?

I'm a fan of San Jose, Washington and Ottawa (and unfortunatley live in Toronto so know far to much about them). I know their farm and their team's quite well. I know a fair amount about most other teams, but Florida is one of those teams I couldn't care less about. Kind of like the New York Islanders.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234 View Post
No, I don't see Bouwmeester as a potential Norris winner. Lidstrom and Gonchar will be the recipients for the next few years, followed by guys like Phaneuf, Whitney and that lazy crap in Edmonton, Pitkanen (tremendous upside). I actually consider Weber more of a candidate than Bouwmeester. EJ will have a few runs at the Norris and JJ will have a few runs at the Norris, as will Pronger. So basically, you've got Gonchar, Pronger, Lidstrom (maybe even Kaberle?) all vying for the Norris NOW, and in later years you've got Whitney, Lazy, Phaneuf, Weber, Johnson & Johnson. I don't see how Bouwmeester can wedge his way into Norris contention at any point in his career as long as he stays in Florida. He needs a spark to push him up to the elite status. Maybe that'll happen to Lazi?
Penguins fan?

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
flyguy1234*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234

Penguins fan?

Bleck, I just vommitted a bit in my mouth. Flyers fan.

Old
10-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Puts it all in perspective doesen't it?

I'm a fan of San Jose, Washington and Ottawa (and unfortunatley live in Toronto so know far to much about them). I know their farm and their team's quite well. I know a fair amount about most other teams, but Florida is one of those teams I couldn't care less about. Kind of like the New York Islanders.
If you don't know about the other 2 players at all then don't comment about the trade...

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234

Penguins fan?

Bleck, I just vommitted a bit in my mouth. Flyers fan.
Not a knowledgeable one it seems, if you think Sergei friggin Gonchar, Ryan Whitney, and Joni Pitkanen will be Norris recipients over JBo, who is a top 10 defenseman already.

And this is coming from a Pens fan.

Super Reverse Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 06:48 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundintoSteen View Post

To Florida:
Alex Semin
Eric Fehr
Karl Alzner
1st in 08

To Washington:
Jay Bouwmeester
Shawn Matthias
Michal Repik

Since Florida does not have a 1st in this draft, they could get one and can draft a d-man in this year's draft, as this is the year for d-men. They could have a future of Alzner, Welch, Ellerby and 08 pick. Washington gets the big point man they've needed since Gonchar.
Washington has no reason at all to do this. They lose way too much imo. Semin is a great young player who could be a 40 goal scorer for years to come and Alzner has the potential to be a very good top 4 dman. Throw in the fact that the draft pick may very well be a top ten pick in a deep draft. Bouwmeester would be great in a Caps uniform and it's something that the team sorely misses but it's not the right time for the Caps to make a move like this.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Bouwmeester is a great defenseman, but Washington is also trading an elite goal scorer, a very, very highly touted young defenseman, and a first rounder, plus Fehr.

Personally, I'd prefer to have Semin and Alzner to Bouwmeester.

As was mentioned a few threads above, this trade isn't a particularly appealing prospect for both teams. The fit isn't right.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
In The Flesh

florida can't trade D for more offense, I think thats been their major problem over the yrs, they also can't afford to keep trading people away or else they'll never get anywhere. Florida needs to keep their team together establish some chem and start becoming a playoff team.

In any case Florida would be getting some nice return for JayBo, but they can't do it.

Jokinen, Weiss, Horton, Semin, Fehr, don't know this guy Alzner, thats a nice top 6

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:

To Florida:
Alex Semin
Eric Fehr
Karl Alzner
1st in 08

To Washington:
Jay Bouwmeester
Shawn Matthias
Michal Repik

Any proposal for Bouwmeester better have Ovechkin coming back because he's just as important to our team as Ovy is to yours.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Any proposal for Bouwmeester better have Ovechkin coming back because he's just as important to our team as Ovy is to yours.
I don't think the original poster is a Caps fan....so using the phrase "as Ovy is to yours" isn't really true.

But I know what you're saying.

As for Alzner....I don't see him going anywhere. That kid has superstar written all over him. From his interview ability to his overall play. There are several other D prospects the Caps would move before him.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 10:21 AM
ColoradoCam

Gonchar for the Norris

ColoradoCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

JayBo is an absolute stud the Caps would love to have. But... I don't think they would do it at the expense of Semin AND Alzner.

Throwing in the pair, and then getting taken for the First/Fehr would be just too much to swallow.

I'm not infinitely familiar with the other two prospects in the deal (and hopefully no one will jump down my throat like has already happened in this thread) but I'm not sure either is a top 5 pick with Alzner's credentials.

I could see the value being closer for Semin and Alzner for JayBo, from a more objective standpoint, but that does not mean I would think either team would go for it. however, if Florida knew he wouldn't resign or wanted out, the package listed here would be probably better than they would see on the open market.

A number 1 defenseman is worth more than a 40 goal/40 assist man, but not more than a 40/40 player and a probable top 2 defenseman.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
PSUhockey34

Quote:

To Florida:
Alex Semin
Eric Fehr
Karl Alzner
1st in 08

To Washington:
Jay Bouwmeester
Shawn Matthias
Michal Repik

some things I think you might've missed...
Fehr's had a bad hip/back injury since last season and it hasn't gotten any better

Semin needs to be resigned at the end of this season and is going to get a decent raise from the 1.3 he's making right now

Alzner is looking like he's going to be a helluva dmen but you're taking a big gamble in trying to replace J-Bo with him and another '08 draft pick

both teams fill a hole yet expose another one