HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Yankees End Of Season Thread

Old
10-10-2007, 07:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
AFRAUD is going to opt out and go into dog and pony show circus

Let him go.No player is worth $30-$35 million per in a 10 year deal which is what Boras is aiming for

AFRAUD is looking for another mega contract.No wonder why the opposing fans and the opposing teams hate his guts

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 07:54 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Let him go.No player is worth $30-$35 million per in a 10 year deal which is what Boras is aiming for

AFRAUD is looking for another mega contract.No wonder why the opposing fans and the opposing teams hate his guts
i hate to add my 10 cents worth but lets not forget AROD is still a great player... maybe all the faults the Yankees have had in recent times arnet actually all down to him?!?!? (Shock horror!!!)

Anything that goes wrong with that club invariably finds a way back to him. I appreciate he has alot ot answer for and that comes with having such a huuuuge contract but the fact the pitching is old and far from great and the management has gone stale as well as the fact that they need new young blood everywhere has alot to do with that clubs problems.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 08:29 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
As a Red Sox fan (because this is a yankees thread now), i feel like im rooting for the NHL version of the Yankees in the Rangers this year with all the $.
With the Dice-K signing you lost the right to make comments like this. Period, end of story.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
With the Dice-K signing you lost the right to make comments like this. Period, end of story.
well said.

Old
10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Choice

Quote:

Without A-Rod the Yanks would not have come close to the postseason this year. Who would you rather play third base next year and beyond?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Without A-Rod the Yanks would not have come close to the postseason this year. Who would you rather play third base next year and beyond?
That is true, but he's had all the chances he can get in the playoffs and hasn't come through even once. I realize the starting pitching was the biggest factor in the losses, but come on, the guy needs to drive in runs when it matters, period.

Still, because of his amazing regular season performance, I wouldn't mind him another year here. Give him one more chance and see what happens. That is, if he stays. I don't think he will

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
That is true, but he's had all the chances he can get in the playoffs and hasn't come through even once. I realize the starting pitching was the biggest factor in the losses, but come on, the guy needs to drive in runs when it matters, period.

Still, because of his amazing regular season performance, I wouldn't mind him another year here. Give him one more chance and see what happens. That is, if he stays. I don't think he will
He's not gonna take a one year deal. The reason the Indians won the series is because theyhad two studs, who pitched as well as they could have in games one and two. The Yankees offense is clearly superior to the Tribe, but in two games against elite pitchers any offense can get shut down. Same story against Detroit last year too.

Wang is very solid, and either Hughes or Joba should develop into a top tier starter (assuming they dont keep Joba in the 'pen) and that will be the antidote to the Yankees ALDS troubles.

Old
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
from another site, here was my offseason gameplan:

Ideally, here is how I would go.

Fire Torre and Guidry for sure. I dont think either of them are good or effective.

Probable, if Torre is gone as Manager, Duidry is gone as pitching coach.

Hire Girardi, as your manager. Get a really good pitching coach.

Doubtful, Girardi is a taskmaster better suited for a younger team and his mannerisims would work against him. He's more of a control freak than Showalter was and that's saying alot

Re-sign a-rod, give him whatever the heck he wants, just bring him back.

So he can spit the bit in the PO's for the next 7-10 seasons at 30+ million a year? No thanks. He's not worth the 25 million he's making now, what makes him worth more than that? A great player no doubt, but I just don't see him as a NY type of player.

Bring back Jorge

He's going to want 3 years at more than 10 million a year, a 36 (gonna be 37) year old catcher at 10million+ per season? Major Pass. I appreciate is value to the team, but I don't want a 10 million DH, we already have that (amd more) in Giambi.

Bring back Andy

If Torre is gone, and Roger is gone, Andy will be gone as well. No need to stay around.

Bring back Mo

One thing we agree on

Bring back Mienty

Another thing we agree on

Let Abreu go

Agreed, this is getting scary

Let Rawjah go

Agreed.

Find a way to dump Giambi

Agreed

Sign Hunter

Pass, I like our Center fielder. I think Hunter is a great talent, but for what he brings to the table and the money he's going to want, I'm not sure I want to sign a 32 year old player to a 5-7 year deal and continue the trend of hurting this team in future years for the now fix.

Sign Nathan

Will Nathan be willing to give up the closers role for the next 2-3 years to be Mariano's caddy? I doubt it. He's a closer and a very good one. There's be no reason to expect him to take a back-seat to anyone.

Trade Kennedy, Tabata, Betances, etc for Santana (ok, im reaching BIG TIME here, since i dont think thats even close to being near enough to get him)

I like Santana, but I'd be willing to not trade anything and wait for him to be a UFA after next season and sign him without parting with anything off the roster and if we didn't get him. OK, it means that we are left with some very solid youth that could be producing for us as soon as next year (Kennedy who is better than Hughes). Tabata is still a babe in the woods and at still just 19 years old, who knows hos good this kid can become. I guess I'm just tired of trading away these very solid young players for very good players and hoping that they can continue to do here, what they were doing with their previous teams.

I want to go back when we didn't have the best players at each position, but had players that knew how to win. I don't want an A-Rod during the regular season, if he's not going to be A-Rod during the PO's. To me, it's useless to have him have a monster season if he's going to whimper in the PO's, same with Abreu, same with Posada (specifically this season) but he gets a pass cause he usually steps up bi gin the PO's. My main concern with bringing him back is his age and salary and term demands.

Thats it.

So your lineup would look like this:
LF Damon
CF Hunter
RF Cabrera

3B A-Rod
SS Jeter
2B Cano
1B Mient/Betemit/Duncan

C Posada

Starters:

LHP Santana
RHP Joba
LHP Andy
RHP Hughes
RHP Wang

Bullpen:

Farnsworthless, Ohlendorf, Nathan, Mo

Thats just me though.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

your lineup would be a 500 team...

thank god you aren't brian cashman....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
In The Flesh

the yanks are done! the red sox reversed the curse onto the yanks in 04', the yanks aren't going to win another WS for a long time.

btw, where's the Mets end of the season thread?

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
As a Red Sox fan (because this is a yankees thread now), i feel like im rooting for the NHL version of the Yankees in the Rangers this year with all the $.
yea, you can't say that, red sox fans need to stop saying the yanks are the only $$$$$ team, the red sox spend just as much on big names as the yanks.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
the yanks are done! the red sox reversed the curse onto the yanks in 04', the yanks aren't going to win another WS for a long time.

btw, where's the Mets end of the season thread?
As a die-hard Mets fan, honestly, the last thing I want to talk about is how that season ended.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
As a die-hard Mets fan, honestly, the last thing I want to talk about is how that season ended.
well, poorly would be an understatement and having Mr. Wright in my fantasy team wasnt great either! but i feel sorry for you buddy....

thats the last i'll say on your painful demise! i promise.

Old
10-10-2007, 11:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
well, poorly would be an understatement and having Mr. Wright in my fantasy team wasnt great either! but i feel sorry for you buddy....

Hahah, yeah. Truth be told it doesn't bother me that much. I'm not torn up about it the way I normally would be. I couldn't get behind this group this year, they just seemed to lack passion and desire, and in turn my passion for them took a hit. I'm just glad that I don't have to follow their ******** any more (but to be honest, I check metsblog.com 4 or 5 times daily )!

Old
10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Hahah, yeah. Truth be told it doesn't bother me that much. I'm not torn up about it the way I normally would be. I couldn't get behind this group this year, they just seemed to lack passion and desire, and in turn my passion for them took a hit. I'm just glad that I don't have to follow their ******** any more (but to be honest, I check metsblog.com 4 or 5 times daily )!
of any team - once a passionate fan, always a fan.

im a bayern munich fan in soccer and we had a horrible yr last year for many reasons... yet i've still booked a weekend to germany to go see them play. cant give up on them!!!!

Old
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post

It's hard to hate what David Wright did this season.

10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
otterulz

Quote:

Yeah, but A-Rod signed this contract in 2000. Every year you're gonna see inflated contracts and if you're paying him an average of $25 million a year for the past 7 years, then $30-35 a year now is a bargain. If I was Cashman, I'd do everything in my power to keep him. But since I'm a Met fan, I'd do everything to sign him, move him to short, and trade Jose Reyes along with every prospect we have for Johan.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I still can't get the heads-down play of failing to get the force out at third base in the friday night game in the last series out of my head. Not to mention all the double plays he grounded into in the last few weeks. Overall you're right though, I can't say DW detracted from the team. Really him and Moises Alou were the only two guys on the team who didnt play like total losers down the stretch. Pedro maybe but he wasn't with the team long enough to have a very big impact.

Old
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I was confused by that statement too. .325, 30-30, 100+ RBI...what more could anyone have possibly expected out of him???

Wright's season is the ONE thing I can look back on and smile about.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I still can't get the heads-down play of failing to get the force out at third base in the friday night game in the last series out of my head. Not to mention all the double plays he grounded into in the last few weeks. Overall you're right though, I can't say DW detracted from the team. Really him and Moises Alou were the only two guys on the team who didnt play like total losers down the stretch. Pedro maybe but he wasn't with the team long enough to have a very big impact.
The play at third was bad, no doubt, but that's about the only thing I didn't like about Wright's September. He grounded into a grand total of 1 double play in the final week of the season, and two the week before that.

Old
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I was confused by that statement too. .325, 30-30, 100+ RBI...what more could anyone have possibly expected out of him???

Wright's season is the ONE thing I can look back on and smile about.
100+ runs scored.

After April, this was his most consistant seasond of his career.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
Yeah, but A-Rod signed this contract in 2000. Every year you're gonna see inflated contracts and if you're paying him an average of $25 million a year for the past 7 years, then $30-35 a year now is a bargain. If I was Cashman, I'd do everything in my power to keep him. But since I'm a Met fan, I'd do everything to sign him, move him to short, and trade Jose Reyes along with every prospect we have for Johan.
I'd love to acquire Santana, but along with David Wright, Reyes is one player I would not move. Anyone else is fair game. I understand that pitchers like Santana only come along once in a generation, but I still couldn't bring myself to give up Jose. He's the spark plug for our team, and will only get better.

I know many people will disagree with me about not moving Reyes for Santana, and I totally understand the argument. It's just a belief in my mind that Jose will lead this team to great things.

Old
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
I'd love to acquire Santana, but along with David Wright, Reyes is one player I would not move. Anyone else is fair game. I understand that pitchers like Santana only come along once in a generation, but I still couldn't bring myself to give up Jose. He's the spark plug for our team, and will only get better.

I know many people will disagree with me about not moving Reyes for Santana, and I totally understand the argument. It's just a belief in my mind that Jose will lead this team to great things.
I'm sure as hell in agreement with you. Trading the most exciting player in the game at the age of 24 because he a bad September and a few mental lapses for one year of Santana is crazy.

Old
10-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
your lineup would be a 500 team...

thank god you aren't brian cashman....
are you talking to me?

you cant be serious?

we upgrade defensively by moving melky to right, and having hunter in center, and basically we have the same lineup that put up almost a thousand runs this year.

then our starting rotation would have a true ace at the top, and has our current ace at #5

imho, this lineup would challenge for the best record in baseball, easily over 100 wins if you ask me.

i mean, come on?!

Damon
Jeter
Hunter
A-Rod
Matsui
Posada
Cano
Cabrera
Mienty

Santana-Joba-Andy-Hughes-Wang

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
are you talking to me?

you cant be serious?

we upgrade defensively by moving melky to right, and having hunter in center, and basically we have the same lineup that put up almost a thousand runs this year.

then our starting rotation would have a true ace at the top, and has our current ace at #5

imho, this lineup would challenge for the best record in baseball, easily over 100 wins if you ask me.

i mean, come on?!

Damon
Jeter
Hunter
A-Rod
Matsui
Posada
Cano
Cabrera
Mienty

Santana-Joba-Andy-Hughes-Wang
If the Twins would ask for Reyes, the Yankees aren't getting him without including Joba or Hughes.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote