HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Havlat a Bust?

Old
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Karamazov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
It would'nt hurt so much if we had a few more Draft gems, and better "STAR" free agent pick up's. Barker bugs me so much because(I know I've said this before) but all I can think of is Drew Stafford. That guys' great. I feel like Barker is such a waste of a good pick. Especially with the emergence of Duncan Keith, and even James Wisniewski.

I understand management had to do something quick to excite people last year but for the money Havlat gets, we could have had 2 reliable NHL 30 goal scorers, instead of a flashy enigmatic guy that will never live up to his potential because he does'nt take care of himself.

At the end of this season depending on how many games Havlat plays, and his point total, the Hawks need to really think about what direction they want to take for the following season. Toews, Kane, and Co. need somebody to nurture them along as they go. Their the future, and Brad Richards would be an awesome choice, especially since Tampa Bay can't keep their big three forever. Havlat still has 1 year left on his deal, after this season so thats' gonna be hard to swing I know.

Taking ANYONE other than Barker at the #3 pick at the time would have indicated scouting incompetence. Defenceman sometimes take awhile to develope and crapping on Barker because he needs some time in the AHL to round out his game is ridiculous. You can't just jump on the team because suddenly one guy made it to the bigs earlier than another and is putting up decent numbers, and say that the sensible (and obvious) pick they made is now garbage in hindsight. Also Havlat's 6 mil is nearly a bargain compared to Richards contract... Like Zet said, trade him to Detroit is he's such a waste - I'd love to have him...

Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
no offense, but shut up...ive read about 5 of your posts and furthermore your thoughts and ideas and fairly ...well...stupid

Are you saying Steve Rucchin is a little wuss because hes always been hurt? What about Jay McKee, the crazy player he was in Buffalo changed locations and now cant catch a break to save his life. What about Nik Kronwall, do i think he "needs to drink his milk".. No, absolutely not, its called BAD LUCK.

Get over yourself

btw, i tore my knee playing indoor soccer and that kind of soccer is far from a "wuss sport".. be a 18 yr old playing with 40-50 yr old guys, you see more hitting there then you would in a beer league.
No Offense, but Soccer is a bunch of "***** Ass" Divers, who would'nt throw down because they would be afraid their mascara would run if they got punched in the eye. Look at the French Maid "Zhadane" or whatever his name is headbutting a guy. There's a cheap shot if there ever was one.

I'm sorry you don't like my posts, I guess I'm too real for you. BTW why the hell is your handle "Zetterberg40". This is a Chicago Forum, if you had'nt noticed. Go kiss Ken Holland's ass and when you're there tell him were 2-0 against him this year and there's more to come.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
How is he a bust to us? The guy we traded for him is going to jail.
hey, he's going to tear up the Penal league.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Anybody out there still think that Havlat's injuries are just still just "bad luck". I don't think so at this point anymore. Let's face facts. This guys not even the player he was with Ottawa. For four straight years he plays 65 games or more. And now in the last 147 games, he's given us 91, and is most likely done for the season. His 27 points in 35 games is pretty pathetic considering his Salary. Jason Williams is at a point per game with 26 points in 26 games, and does'nt make anywhere close to Havlat's wage.

This team truly will be built around a strong North American work ethic. Look back at the great Hawk teams from the past. Other than Mikita, our teams have always had Canadian and American born (or grown up/raised here) players. Roenick, Amonte, Chelios, and Now Kane. Hull, Pilote, Savard, and now Toews. I want to be wrong about Havlat. I want him to bust his ass like hell in the off-season, convince management for him to stay, come back stronger and light it up. I don't know at this point, if he's got it in him. Look at Gaborik though he finally got it together.

Old
03-05-2008, 07:42 AM
hawkfan831

I think he's doing okay. He'll get over the injuries.

hawkfan831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Chileiceman

Do you guys know when is he coming back from his latest injury?

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:22 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Do you guys know when is he coming back from his latest injury?
Not this season I don't

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
GaryU

Seems likely to have surgery, so next season. It's the only chance to keep from popping the shoulder out regularly.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
kilo41ak

Well

Shoulder injuries suck.... they are horrible and have great chances of re-injure. i think the guy needs to get to the gym and work out... get a personal trainer and buff up... take some joint pills and work them. The guy has more natural skill in his pinky toe then alot of guys do all together... it is just unfortunate he is a wuss. i think he is worth keeping... with clauses. I would make him work out and get stronger and offer him 3mil with 4mil in incentives such as point totals and games played. I don't know the politics involved in that, but that would definitely be a starting point. on a side note... I love Ladd.

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 01:27 PM
fourLEAFclover

Does anyone really think he is a bust? He is one of the most skilled players in the nhl, and the world. He will never reach his full potential but only because injuries have disallowed him to. So is he a bust?, no. Its simple, he has just had the worst luck when it comes to injuries that he will never lead the league in points, or win the Conn Smyth. His career will be over at 34. This guy is more of a porcelain doll than Forsberg.

A great example of a bust is Daigle. He never became a good player, let alone a star. Havlat has become the player he was expected to be, its just unfortunate for him (and the hawks now) that he has such a bum shoulder and a nack for other fluke injuries.

fourLEAFclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

You make your own luck in hockey and in life. You go to the net-you score goals. You're cursed with a bum shoulder-you work your ass off to make it stronger and more durable. Simple as that. Right now, we have the makings of an awesome team over the next few years, with or without Havlat, but we can't be held back or mislead by this guy. So what else can we do:

Maybe re-structure his contract. (if at all possible) We have him at one more year. So we could buy him out, and move on. Or just see what he can do next year. I don't know, I'm just tired of this "Black Cloud" hanging over us. Of course if we trade him, or waiver wire etc. He's a 90 point guy, the following season. Other than a Goalie, I'm not sure what the Hawks are looking for in Free Agency. Originally I thought maybe a QB for the PP, but now Keith, Barker and even Williams look pretty solid back there so who knows.

Old
03-06-2008, 02:09 AM
endlessdream83

If I was Hawks management, I'd just keep the guy for one more season. If he has a healthy year finally, and they're in the hunt, then he's a HUGE asset for a playoff run. If he has a good year but for some reason it doesn't work out next season, he's a really big chip at the 2009 trade deadline. And if he gets hurt yet again, you let him walk. Buying him out won't save that much money, and it's not worth the risk he goes to another team (especially a division rival) and tears it up with them.

endlessdream83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 06:01 AM
lfchockey*

I agree that buying him out is not the solution. A trade in the off-season for a draft pick.... or place him on waivers when we can may be the key.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 03:48 AM
SC2008

Man, that whole Havlat trade was a bust.

Bell got into a hit & run in SJ. Now doing nothing for the Leafs

Priessing had an excellent year his 1st year with the Sens, but now exiled to the Kings. Sens decided to go with Corvo instead (big mistake)

Havlat already represented the Hawks despite playing a half season, but has never been 100% His contract $$ must be hurting

Talk about a Lose/Lose/Lose situation.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote