HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

How Many Goals Will Price Allow Vs. Pens

View Poll Results: How Many Goals Will Price Let In?
0 12 5.97%
1 12 5.97%
2 48 23.88%
3 49 24.38%
4 36 17.91%
5 20 9.95%
6+ 24 11.94%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Walzy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
4 or 5....going with 5 in the poll but i think he might be pulled before

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Twist and Shout

Shutout to begin a Hall of Fame career.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Going with five.

10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
SilverSeven

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Jaded-Fan

In all seriousness, no way he gives up five or more because it would be brutul to a kid and his development to leave him in if he is floundering that badly. I did vote four and meant it seriously. He gave up 3 goals on 14 shots to our B team, no Crosby, a few weeks ago. Granted Montreal left some players off their team in front of him, but still was not a great beginning, as is expected. He may get hot and lucky tonight, but the likely scenerio is that he faces fishing the puck out of the net a lot. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, Gonchar, Whitney, well, you get the idea. Number 3 in the league in scoring last year and Sykora only makes them more dangerous. I give it about an 80/20 chance that he gives up 3 goals or more (likely more) and a 50/50 chance that he is pulled. That is no comment on his future or potential, merely tonight.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
In all seriousness, no way he gives up five or more because it would be brutul to a kid and his development to leave him in if he is floundering that badly. I did vote four and meant it seriously. He gave up 3 goals on 14 shots to our B team, no Crosby, a few weeks ago. Granted Montreal left some players off their team in front of him, but still was not a great beginning, as is expected. He may get hot and lucky tonight, but the likely scenerio is that he faces fishing the puck out of the net a lot. Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, Gonchar, Whitney, well, you get the idea. Number 3 in the league in scoring last year and Sykora only makes them more dangerous. I give it about an 80/20 chance that he gives up 3 goals or more (likely more) and a 50/50 chance that he is pulled. That is no comment on his future or potential, merely tonight.
That's the problem...you and others it seems, expect Price to be great right off the bat.

Whatever happens tonight, win, loss, shutout, blowout...Carey Price is the future for the Habs in nets, tonight's outcome won't change that whatsoever.

This thread is ridiculous if you ask me...some people say Habs fans overhype their prospects, well that may be true, but fans from other teams love to loathe their prospects as well. How many here in this very thread are actually hoping he gets blown out?

Ridiculous

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
That's the problem...you and others it seems, expect Price to be great right off the bat.

Whatever happens tonight, win, loss, shutout, blowout...Carey Price is the future for the Habs in nets, tonight's outcome won't change that whatsoever.

This thread is ridiculous if you ask me...some people say Habs fans overhype their prospects, well that may be true, but fans from other teams love to loathe their prospects as well. How many here in this very thread are actually hoping he gets blown out?

Ridiculous

Me? If he gets less than 3 goals (not an impossibility by any stretch) it will be because he got hot or lucky. But I suspect that he will struggle like most young goalies just starting out do, even if they become great eventually. Fleury posted a shutout his first game, and was all world just after before falling back to earth. Price will have the same I am positive, whether this game or soon after.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

Ridiculous
That is not why this thread was made. Price has been very highly touted. I question Montreal's choice to start this young prospect against such a potent offense led by last years Art Ross winner. Price is human and is probably going to be nervous in his debut, facing Crosby, Malkin, Staal & Co. does not help that. The thread was made to see the expectations of how he will perform and compare it to his actual performance.

Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
I say 3 and he'll be fine. You can't win a Stanley Cup in your first career start in October

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Tuuka Rask.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I'm going to say 50.

He'll start out OK but after Colby takes his head (literally) he'll start to crumble.

In retaliation Guillaume runs Bob Errey.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Me? If he gets less than 3 goals (not an impossibility by any stretch) it will be because he got hot or lucky. But I suspect that he will struggle like most young goalies just starting out do, even if they become great eventually. Fleury posted a shutout his first game, and was all world just after before falling back to earth. Price will have the same I am positive, whether this game or soon after.
What a thing to say...

Just let him do his job, which is to stop pucks...if he let's in less than 3 goals as you said, well maybe it'll be because he's just doing what he's paid to do, stop pucks...

Old
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Tinalera

I said 4, not because I think he's a bad goalie, but I think the Pens simply have too much firepower, and the Habs not enough D at the moment. If he makes it to 4 he'll be pulled, no point crushing his confidence- he'll be a fine goalie who will chalk it up to experience.

Out of curiosity, did Roy win his first game as a Hab?

Tinalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Parise 9

Parise 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
That is not why this thread was made. Price has been very highly touted. I question Montreal's choice to start this young prospect against such a potent offense led by last years Art Ross winner. Price is human and is probably going to be nervous in his debut, facing Crosby, Malkin, Staal & Co. does not help that. The thread was made to see the expectations of how he will perform and compare it to his actual performance.
He had to get his start eventually...

He obviously wouldn't have played in the season opener, the second game was against the Leafs on a Saturday night at the ACC and that's even more pressure than tonights game...if he doesn't play tonight, he won't get the next start on Saturday since it's the home opener and Huet deserves to start at the home opener.

All of this means is that if Price weren't to start tonight, his next start would be Oct.16 vs the Panthers, which means he would of gone 3 + weeks without seeing any action.

Is that any better for his development in your opinion?

What's the big deal with him playing the Penguins and that vaunted offense...he's going to have to face the best teams eventually right?

I think fans tend to think that the mental side of some players are alot more fragile than they truly are...if getting shelled against Pittsburgh would destroy Price's confidance forever...then, he never had would it took anyways

Old
10-10-2007, 03:39 PM
FLYLine24*

5 goals. Sid finally wakes up and has a big game, 4 point night.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
JesterOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
If Price does start as said Vs. the Pens on Wed how many goals will he allow? Will he get pulled?
3 goals.

No.

Price is not going to look good, but neither are the Penguins. This is going to be an ugly game.

JesterOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
I have the felling that MTL will win tonight , i can't tell how many goals Price will give , but he will probably win .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatewaderedden View Post
In retaliation Guillaume runs Bob Errey.
One can only pray

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 06:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Price is going to get a shutout and slash Crosby in the leg, ending his career because Crosby's throat will explode from an excess of built up whining.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Price is going to get a shutout and slash Crosby in the leg, ending his career because Crosby's throat will explode from an excess of built up whining.
not even remotely funny

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10 View Post
not even remotely funny
I wasn't joking. That's actually whats going to happen. Maybe not the second part.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Sideways eight

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Going with five.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
DaveMatthew

So Jaded... I guess he was lucky? Or were those potent snipers in Crosby, Staal, Malkin, Whitney, Gonchar and Sykora, who only makes them better, unlucky?

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote