HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

habs trade rumour on hotstove

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 07:29 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
habs trade rumour on hotstove

i waz watching satalite hotstove tonight and they announced this rumour: Perrault for Denis Gauthier.
this deal makes plenty sence to me right now the flames have horrid face off stats perrault would help them.
i would just be happy to see perrault leave he's worth less.
what do you guyz think of denis gauthier??
and about this trade rumour??

Old
01-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I think this rumor is bogus !
flames don't need softie player !

Old
01-10-2004, 07:38 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
i waz watching satalite hotstove tonight and they announced this rumour: Perrault for Denis Gauthier.
this deal makes plenty sence to me right now the flames have horrid face off stats perrault would help them.
Man this has been rumored for a while now, and has not happen. I would do it in a sec if I were Gainey.
Calgary will ask more than Perrault.

Old
01-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
No chance in hell

Old
01-10-2004, 08:02 PM
theo6060

I'm sure a soft player like Perreault would be exactly what Calgary wants in the Western Conference. And they'd be willing to give up one of their most physical players for him... Need I say more?

Old
01-10-2004, 08:49 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I'm sure a soft player like Perreault would be exactly what Calgary wants in the Western Conference. And they'd be willing to give up one of their most physical players for him... Need I say more?
He's a physical player that at times takes needless penalties and goes out his way to make a big hit, even if it means taking himself out of the play. Calgary doesn't need that in the west, but we could sure use a guy like that. Gauthier is a tough player but he's not worth much more than Perrault and a lower end prospect. Of course Hossa is quickly starting to fit that bill now isn't he?

Old
01-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Istvan

Not every player on every team is a hard nosed tough two way player. Players fill different roles and if Calgary wants a good face-off guy who can score 20 to 25 goals a year then Perrault is a reasonable candidate. And Perrault isn't half as bad as some posters seem to think.

Old
01-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Go Habs Go

Gauthier is not a bad player but why would we need another defenseman unless another was going the other way. I don't buy that rumour.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:54 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
When Bouillon is you second most effective checking blueliner, it's not that hard to beleive. We have Komisarek, and Souray that are here for awhile. Then we have Markov and Hainsey who don't hit, Brisebois who tries, and well we want to get rid of Rivet don't we? I am not saying anything about the trade, i don't know if it's true or nt, but it will not be Perrault for Guathier str8 up, the reason this is a plausable deal is Calgary is looking despretly for a filler, Perrault is a UFA at the end of the season. The flames are deep at D so why not trade one away? Although I am not sure of Guathier value, but why is it so far feched? Perrault won't bring us some 1st liner scorer, do we need anymore 3rd line players? Why not get a physical player, I mean can that hurt to get rid of a guy everyone hates, for another french canadian player that plays physical?

Old
01-11-2004, 05:09 AM
tinyzombies

Enough tiddlywinks, just give us Iginla, eh?

Old
01-11-2004, 05:32 AM
Traitor8

I don't want Gauthier!

We would have Markov,Souray,Bouillon and Hainsey on the left side.

I want Hainsey to get his chance!!!!!!

Old
01-11-2004, 09:34 AM
psychonaut

I find he is the type of player we could used. One more big d-man, born in Montreal (I think) always help. Could help the 2 club that are looking at a playoff run. In the east you need to be big, in the ouest you need goals. This would be a fair deal IMO. I think it the fist time I see one on the board for a while. I don't think its mather that much that he is a lefty.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I don't want Gauthier!

We would have Markov,Souray,Bouillon and Hainsey on the left side.

I want Hainsey to get his chance!!!!!!
This deal is not very fair since Calgary would receive a soft center that wins almost all faceoffs but will be UFA at the end of the year. However assuming the deal would be done you would have to be foolish not to do it. Agree he is a left Dmen but Hainsey and Markov are both at ease on the right side as well. A top 6 Dmen looking like this would not be too shaby for the playoffs:

1- Souray, Markov
2- Gauthier, Komisarek
3- Hainsey, Brisebois

Old
01-11-2004, 10:09 AM
psychonaut

Gauthier, Komisarek hmmm, that would be nasty in the playoff! It would put a little fear in the other teams.

Old
01-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Who initiated the rumor on the Hotstove? Ron Maclean? John Davidson? Jacques Demers? Al Strachan? (Were any of them on the Hotstove last night? ) This rumor won't go away, but Gainey is pretty tight-lipped about this stuff. Did the rumor originate with a Calgary source?

I wouldn't mind this trade. Perreault has been 4th line material in Montreal lately, unless another center has been hurt. We'd get younger, tougher, bigger and meaner with the addition of Gauthier. The tougher our defense gets, the better I like it. I would like opposing forwards to think twice about setting up camp in front of the Montreal net; or to know they can get hammered crossing our blueline.

Yes psychonaut, nasty is the word!

Old
01-11-2004, 01:03 PM
5_for_fighting

Quote:
here's my opinion...just a proposal or two

how about:

Perrault and Bouillon for Gauthier
or
Perrault and Kilger for Gauthier

???????????????

Old
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
here's my opinion...just a proposal or two

how about:

Perrault and Bouillon for Gauthier
or
Perrault and Kilger for Gauthier

???????????????
theyre not going to give up bouillon yet
and kilger and perrault add up to nearly 4 mil calgary wont go for that

it would be sumpin like perrault and a 3rd round pick for gautier and a 6th round or sumpin like that

Old
01-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Darz

Sutter and Perreualt doesn't quite seem right, but then again.....

I think Gauthier would be a decent addition to the habs, but by no means is he a great top four dman. He would be a good third pairing guy imo. It would allow us to maybe make another move, trading away one of our dman in a package for a prospect or pick or something like that. Also Gauthier is still fairly young and could be a contributer to the team for the next 6-10 years.

The Flames and Perreault don't seem to mix, but then again neither do the Flames and competeing for a playoff spot still in January so I guess ya never know.

Old
01-12-2004, 04:58 AM
Bob Bastards

I think too that Perrault is a little soft for the Flames and the Habs and the Rag and the Flyer and the Blues and the... Oups sorry!
Gauthier would be a great addition, but we have to keep Bouillon as a 7th dman. I think its always good to have back up that you are not afraid to use. Garon is the best example. If one of our dman is hurt, you can put Bouillon in and you don't have to go to the church and pray...
Perrault is soft, get use to it. The best deal we can have for him alone is a draft pick. Other then that we have to package someting with him.

Closed Thread