HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Progress check: predictions revisited

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Laches

vCash: 500
Progress check: predictions revisited

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=7520

Just thought it might be fun to see where we are at the halfway point.

Pretty interesting year thus far, actually. Lots of surprises.

It's going to be a mad dash to the finish line. The Rangers are within striking distance of the teams ahead of them, but also within striking distance of some teams below them. Buffalo, Carolina and Florida have all managed to stay in the picture somehow.

The West has been a huge surprise, hard to believe if the season ended to day that Nashville, Calgary, Phoenix and San Jose would all be in, with Dallas, Anaheim, Minnesota and Edmonton out.

Old
01-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
here are mine, i put them in another thread. I made them like a week or two after the season started.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?pos...3&postcount=34

1. Detriot Red Wings- Most complete team in the league, no question in goal.
2. Dallas Stars- Question marks on D, but have it where it matters most, in goal.
3. Colorado Avalanche- Best offense in hockey, but goaltending problems cost a fall to 3rd, and a trade at the deadline.
4. St.Louis Blues- Its there time to make a run in the post season
5. Vancouver Canucks- Arvedsson was a great additon, and they have a great team, Cloutier needs to be more consistant.
6. Anaheim Mighty Ducks- Fedorov and Prospal are an upgrade over Kariya and Oates. Giggy will not pull a Theodore.
7. LA Kings- Allison and Deadmarsh will be back sometime, but i dont think very soon, because of that, they are ONLY 7th
8. Minnesota Wild- Gaborik and Dupuis will be signed, and the system is still there. Playoff team.
12. Nashville Predators- Another up and coming team.
13. San Jose Sharks- I dont see them recovering from last year, the talent is there, though.
14. Phoenix Coyotes- 3-0 start doesnt mean much too me, Burke will be gone at the deadline.
15. Chicago Blackhawks- Bad.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

1. Ottawa Senators- With Havlat now signed, just watch the hell out.
2. New Jersey Devils- Same ole, same ole.
3. Tampa Bay Lightning- Young team that will be better than last year, they wont be in 3rd place just because they won the southeast.
4. Philly Flyers- If this team scores like they can, they are very dangerous.
5. NY Islanders- They kept everything the same and added Czersawski, I just see this team doing better than 8th this season, the top 4 Defense, is amoug the best.
6. NY Rangers- HOPING, HOPING. But seriously, the talent is there, and i think we will put it togther this season.
7. Toronto Maple Leafs- Getting Older, losing skill, but with the weak east, and Eddie Belfour, they have enough.
8. Atlanta Thrashers- Playing on pure emotion, they are fast, hard working and will snag the 8th spot. I love watching this team play when i rarley see them.
-------------------------
9. Boston Bruins- 4 Fowards and questionable goaltending means no playoffs.
10. Washington Capitals- Older, and thier best player hates Washingtion.
11. Carolina Hurricanes- Will be better, I like Weeks in goal, but just not enough.
12. Buffalo Sabres- Another upbeat, young club who have a great future.
13. Florida Panthers- Boy has this team drafted and traded well, Loungo could win a vezina in a couple years. Not yet.
14. Montreal Canadiens- Zednick is the only goal scorer, not enough.
15. Pittsburgh Penguins- Please, just send Fleury down.

Playoffs:

EAST:

Sens over Trashers- Just more skill.
Devils over Leafs- Like i said, Devils same ole, same ole.
Lightning over Rangers- Rangers finally get in, then lose to a better team.
Philly over Isles- In an 80's like series, Philly prevails.

WEST:

Wings over Wild- Wings will just domiante considering what happened last year
Kings over Stars- The Kings are amazing in the playoffs, awesome heart.
Avs over Ducks- Lightning does not strike twice.
Blues over Canucks- Blues are built well for the playoffs, need a goalie though..

EAST- ROUND 2:

Sens over Flyers- Finally learning to win in the playoffs, they use the skill they have.

Lightning over Devils- Its gotta end sometime

WEST- ROUND 2

Wings over Kings: 2000 will not repeat it self, too expericaned.

Blues over Avs: Both teams weak in goal, but Osgood's playoffs expericnace makes him better than Abby. The Blues defense does thier best to shut down the powerhouse offense, anf they succed.

EAST- Finals

Sens over Lightning- The Sens are just too good for anyone in the east, as i said, finally show it in the playoffs.

WEST- Finals

Wings over Blues: The Blues great run ends here, to the much talented Wings.

STANLEY CUP!

Wings over Sens in 7- The most complete team in hockey takes it. I know ive been saying how the Sens will finally not crack in the playoffs and they wont. The Wings just know how to play in the Stanley Cup.

Hart: Marian Hossa (Naslund, Modano)
Vezina: Domnick Hasek (Brodeur, Knabby)
Norris: Ed Jovanovski (Lidstrom, Pronger)
Adams: Bob Hartley (Lemaire, MacLean)
Selke: Jere Lethien (Walz, Brind'Amour)
Calder: Tummo Ruutu (Staal, Burns)
Art Ross: Markus Naslund (Hossa, Bertuzzi)
Conn Smythe: Ray Whitney
Richard: Iyla Kovalchuk (Hossa, Naslund)
Breakout: Patrick Stefan (Nash, Sedin)
Dissapointment: Mats Sundin(Daze, Zednick)
Comeback player: Eric Lindros (Yashin, Leetch )

Last edited by Fire Sather: 01-12-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old
01-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Hmm, what was I on? I predicted first in the division for the Caps! :p

Old
01-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Fletch

Here was my prediction...

"I'll have at least one of those 64 oz beers, possibly a Pilsner Urquell, during the Saturday Flyers game in November." And, I did.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Not one of us had Calgary in the playoffs.

I agreed with you on Toronto Laches. Man, we were dead wrong on that one. I'm still not sure what Quinn's doing up there. Truly, a team greater than the sum of it's parts. Call them the bizzaro Rangers.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Laches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Not one of us had Calgary in the playoffs.

I agreed with you on Toronto Laches. Man, we were dead wrong on that one. I'm still not sure what Quinn's doing up there. Truly, a team greater than the sum of it's parts. Call them the bizzaro Rangers.

---Yeah, no kidding. My dark horse picks of Atlanta and Montreal in the playoffs may come thru, but man was I off the mark on that one. Yikes.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Larry Melnyk

Still a LONG way to go to see how the picks pan out ...Feel like an idiot about my Boston and Washington picks....I though the goalies and the lack of defense would doom Boston and that Washington's talent would lead to a solid year...NOT...Feel comfortable with the rest of the picks becasue it's such a jumble out there, but we shall see...

Closed Thread