HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malik... Enough...

Old
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I'll bash Malik...

just as much as the next guy, but one needs to be focused. Right now, this team has to focus on how to score goals. That's where much of Renney's energy needs to be spent. He can't be focused on changing the defensemen, even if it's for the better, if it means taking away time from what appears to be this team's real problem (it is my estimation that to focus on many things is difficult - the glaring problem at hand is scoring - deal with Malik's mistakes when they're a real problem - yeah, nip things in the bud, but too many things shouldn't be taken on at the same time and one needs to remain focused).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaimhollaing View Post
the rangers have been guilty of taking horrible penalties for quite a few years now malik isnt the only guilty party of that. that was a stoppable shot to by lundqvist, i know he was great but he could have had that puck.
Finally!! You're the only person to mention that Henrik should have had the shot. Blame Malik all you'd like for that goal, but as great as Henrik was, I (as a fellow goalie) felt Henrik should have had that one. It still doesn't excuse the bad offense from our team.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Fletch

A shot may've been able to be stopped...

but of course I prefer to focus on his 2.02GAA and .935 save % and consistent numbers in each of those three games. He's given up 6 goals (2-2-2). I don't care if they're six softies - he's been pretty darn good in nets and in the end, has not been the cause of these losses and has seemed to be one who's keeping the Rangers in the games. You'll let in easy ones here and there (Richter was the king of easy goals), then come up with a multiple number of outstanding saves. That's goaltending.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 03:58 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Kind of get a laugh at the Malik bashing threads but after last nights mess it is getting very difficult to defend a slow, non-physical, lumbering defensemen whose greatest asset (quick, accurate, lead passes to the forwards) has disappeared from his ever shrinking arsenal.

Renney loves the guy so expect MM to get a pretty long leash.

Somehow at the end of all this Malik will end up with a +22 rating by Christmas....

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
Kind of get a laugh at the Malik bashing threads but after last nights mess it is getting very difficult to defend a slow, non-physical, lumbering defensemen whose greatest asset (quick, accurate, lead passes to the forwards) has disappeared from his ever shrinking arsenal.

Renney loves the guy so expect MM to get a pretty long leash.

Somehow at the end of all this Malik will end up with a +22 rating by Christmas....
Ya see, thats not his #1 asset, his big frame that clogs the middle, closes lanes and keeps guys on the outside along with the long reach are his strengths. I think he does those jobs well.

But yeah, his passing has been subpar this year. He should get a bit of a leash, the guy has earned it the last few seasons whether some fans think so or not.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, so Malik is pretty crappy. He's average at best. I've defended him in the past but I'm tired of it. I'll say right now that I hope we move him, though I understand that's unlikely. I'm not gonna talk about him anymore though, because I'm tired of it.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH!!!

Yet again he costs us another game with another atrocious mistake that not even rookies make. I'd like to hear his apologists defend him from the infinite idiocracies he commited today highlighted by the penalty in which the Islanders went ahead.
I gotta ask you, how on earth did Malik cost us this game now again?

Wow, he took a minor hooking penalty.

Go ahead and boo him, I am getting so tired of braindead rants like this.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Ok, i felt bad for the guy getting booed on opening night, but tonight game might have been his worst game of his NYR career. Turnovers after turnovers, stupid penalty that led to a goal (oh yea, all because of his turnover).

He was solid 2 years ago, average last season, and now he just looks like an AHL player.
His play was the way you descripe it, not his performance, besides from about a month and a half early last seasons when he didn't have the legs with him.

Malik will be exposed every time we give up the puck at the attacking blueline and let the other team counterattack and challenge our D, which is left without support, with speed.

Thats a fact. And the next time you think Renney is a idiot for not putting together the top 9 offensive players we got on the top 3 lines, think of that fact. We need to play a almost perfect team game, we got a defense built to play that style. We got no cap room whatsoever to build a stronger blueline and play another style.

Malik is burned now because the line infront of him is constantly loosing the puck right away when they get into the attacking zone, or neutral zone. Giving the other team tons of oppertunitys to counter attack on Malik and Rozsival as they practically is getting our of their attacking zone. Thats how we played between 98'-04' too, and look at how every D we had at that time performed when they where hanged out to dry...

Why isn't Dawes on the 2nd line?

Why isn't Prucha on the 1st line?

Why is Isbister on the 1st line?

Why is Hossa on the 1st line?

Why doesn't Dubinsky get 20 minutes per night?

Why does Betts gets 20 minutes per night?

Why doesn't we shoot right when we get into the attacking zone?

Why is Orts on the 3rd?

Why did Nyls protect the puck and substain pressure when he got into the attacking zone when he could have taken a slapper right away?

The answear to thoose question is all the same, because what we have seen so far -- and what would happend to maybe the bluelines of 25 other teams in the NHL, is that if you don't play it right all the way, in all aspects -- will happend.

Last edited by Ola: 10-11-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Its kinda funny how somefans were praising Malik after the first game in which he had 3 assists, then two games later he sucks lol. I'm not saying he wasn't bad last night, he most definitely made his fair share of mistakes, I just find it amusing that us fans can be so bi polar

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Malik is burned now because the line infront of him is constantly loosing the puck right away when they get into the attacking zone, or neutral zone. Giving the other team tons of oppertunitys to counter attack on Malik and Rozsival as they practically is getting our of their attacking zone. Thats how we played between 98'-04' too, and look at how every D we had at that time performed when they where hanged out to dry...
Well said, anyone that's ever played defense on a bad team (no matter what level) will know how this is. When your offense can't keep the puck in the zone and you're always on your heals it progressively becomes harder and harder to play good defense and you get burned out quick which leads to mistakes.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 07:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger View Post
this is to coldshot.

I admit +/- may be overrated, but if someone scores 50 goals and is on the ice -40, I am not impressed. so same can apply for goal scoring stats. yet player's salaries escalate on their goal scoring credenials.
Yes, but like I said, you can step on the ice and be nowhere near the play when a goal is scored, and get a minus for it. It's overrated.

Goal scoring stats are overrated? The last time I checked, if I'm paying a forward to score goals, I'm paying him on his goal scoring stats, as playmakers are paid to set up goals.

Quote:
The stats I would like to see is turnovers stats. everyone here so knowledgeable will tell you that
Malik caused three suicide passes in 3 games that cost us. So where are these turnover stats, I'd like to see them. they are probably....at HQ with Renney. And Renney sees that Maliks pass to error ratio is not as bad as everyone at MSG wants to believe. This is the reason why this unwelcome judas is still on this squad. If this is however is not true then there are some sinister goings on.....
It actually is pretty bad though... he's made some mistakes that have cost us big time.

Quote:
Actually another suitable explanation why Malik is playing first pairing is the Jagr conspiracy. Jagr refuses to play hockey with any other D other than Malik. Makes good sense.
That's the part of the reason why I believe Jagr is not moving his feet. He's unhappy about Nylander not being back, and if that's the case, then he should be benched if he's going to be lazy and underproductive.

Quote:
Well - I'd also like to see another stat - chance conversion stats of Shanny Gomez Prucha etc. Maybe its just a phase they are going through right now. Shanny will score goals when he gets his mojo back and Gomez is just getting used to the MSG groove. So lets not critisize them, give them
support while we continue to bash on Malik.
No one is saying the offense is doing it's job, but it doesn't help the offense out when Malik is making about 5 turnovers a game and taking stupid penalties to boot. The offense needs time on the ice at even strength and at the man advantage to start clicking, and by playing like a two-bit never-was, Malik is being counter-productive.

Quote:
True fan indeed
What's that about?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
OH THAT THIRD SENATOR GOAL... OH JUST BRUTAL... If the Malik apologists don't realize it now, that was about as helplessly pathetic as i've ever seen an NHL defenseman get beat. Simply AHL caliber... Just totally overmatched by a Senator third liner... BRUTAL...

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
OH THAT THIRD SENATOR GOAL... OH JUST BRUTAL... If the Malik apologists don't realize it now, that was about as helplessly pathetic as i've ever seen an NHL defenseman get beat. Simply AHL caliber... Just totally overmatched by a Senator third liner... BRUTAL...
He has nor did he ever have any foot speed, he needs to be in great postion & has to play a head first game, he hasn't been doing that as of late.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Malik responsible for 2 of the goals against again tonight.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
In The Flesh

Alright folks, seriously, WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE RIGHT NOW ON OUR BLUELINE, IF YOU HAD TO PICK, MALIK OR POTI?

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:43 PM
otterulz

Oh boy. I might stop apologizing for Malik. He's been brutal so far. It was funny when Malik was nailed because those boos quickly became cheers. I just feel sorry for the guy even though I was one who hated Poti with a passion. I can't quite explain why I defended Malik and felt sorry for the boos raining down on him. Now I just wish he'd be scratched in favor of Pock although I know Renney will never do that.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Alright folks, seriously, WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE RIGHT NOW ON OUR BLUELINE, IF YOU HAD TO PICK, MALIK OR POTI?
Poti was an F'in nerd!

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:51 PM
MidnightRanger

Goodness... Would I rather have Poti than Malik? ABSOLUTELY. HE WAS NOT AS HELPLESSLY PATHETIC AS MALIK... As bad as he was...

I would rather have Pock on the D than Malik, at least Pock can provide some offense.

Goodness...

Oh and by the way The Thomas J. this wasn't even about the foot speed, it was about the STUPID way in which he turned the puck over so carelessly knowing there is a void behind him. It's that kind of braindead play... It's like the other teams know they can do this to Malik, he can't face anyone coming at him when he has the puck, he's only good at poking the puck and that's all he can do. He can't even get in their way. It's frustrating.

Old
10-13-2007, 07:53 PM
hawks35

Quote:
Goodness... Would I rather have Poti than Malik? ABSOLUTELY. HE WAS NOT AS HELPLESSLY PATHETIC AS MALIK... As bad as he was...

I would rather have Pock on the D than Malik, at least Pock can provide some offense.

Goodness...

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:55 PM
MidnightRanger

Old
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
If those two are my only choices then I'll play with 5 d-men, thank you very much...

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:00 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Malik responsible for 2 of the goals against again tonight.
The third goal by Eaves, yeah Malik made a mistake handling the puck and not getting it deep. But the second one(or was it the first, they all happened so fast) when he got his stick lifted by one of the best players in the league... that could have been anyone and the result is the same. And the reason for the goal was the precision pass and the Senators actually finishing. Something we need to do when we get opportunities.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:01 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

Goodness...

Oh and by the way The Thomas J. this wasn't even about the foot speed, it was about the STUPID way in which he turned the puck over so carelessly knowing there is a void behind him. It's that kind of braindead play... It's like the other teams know they can do this to Malik, he can't face anyone coming at him when he has the puck, he's only good at poking the puck and that's all he can do. He can't even get in their way. It's frustrating.

its both

Old
10-13-2007, 08:01 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
TOMAS POCK!

Old
10-13-2007, 08:02 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Poti was an F'in nerd!

INDEED HE WAS