HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Niklas Hagman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2007, 10:21 AM
  #1
illone84
Registered User
 
illone84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naucalpan De Juarez
Country: Mexico
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Niklas Hagman

This guy looks like he might be the best Finn this year

I know its early but he is doing well! 5 points in four games, 4 goals & 1 assist!

Good job Nik!!!!!

Statistics:
2007-2008 Regular Season
SKATERS: GP G A +/- Pts
N. Hagman 4 4 1 -2 5

He's earned himself to play on a good Dallas second line,
he was really close to getting his first nhl career hat-trick yesterday!

illone84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 12:43 PM
  #2
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Yup, early days.

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
  #3
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Nice start, but I fear the way he somehow managed to miss that backhand into the empty net in the first period of the game against the Kings is closer to his true nature. The guy is a energy player, not a scorer.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
  #4
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
I have long stated that Nik Hagman is a tremendous player, and this guy can score! He is a pure sniper along the tradition of Pavel Bure.

In a good season, I think he is capable of producing 40+ goals, and around 70 pts.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
  #5
illone84
Registered User
 
illone84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naucalpan De Juarez
Country: Mexico
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Only problem is the most points hes ever gotten is 29.

2006-2007 Stars 82 17 12 29

I doubt he we will ever get 70 points, but I do predict a career best
this season, I say he will get 40 points.

Anyways hes a decent player whos under rated. He needs more icetime and
he seems to have chemistry with the robiero and morrow line, so hopefully they can keep him
playing there.

illone84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
  #6
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illone84 View Post
Only problem is the most points hes ever gotten is 29.

2006-2007 Stars 82 17 12 29

I doubt he we will ever get 70 points, but I do predict a career best
this season, I say he will get 40 points.

Anyways hes a decent player whos under rated. He needs more icetime and
he seems to have chemistry with the robiero and morrow line, so hopefully they can keep him
playing there.
I think that he has had somewhat of a slow development curve in the NHL. Looks like he is finally coming together with the right team/lineup combination. As long as he gets good ice time and has good set-up men, he will thrive this season.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:32 AM
  #7
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
I have long stated that Nik Hagman is a tremendous player, and this guy can score! He is a pure sniper along the tradition of Pavel Bure.

In a good season, I think he is capable of producing 40+ goals, and around 70 pts.
insane.. Hagman is the kind of guy who could go the next 20 games without scoring, he is nothing close to a sniper. And comparing him to Bure is just stupid.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:03 AM
  #8
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
In a good season, I think he is capable of producing 40+ goals
Where can you get those mushrooms?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
  #9
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Not a scorer, but his awkward stickhandling is beautiful and very entertaining.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 03:36 PM
  #10
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
insane.. Hagman is the kind of guy who could go the next 20 games without scoring, he is nothing close to a sniper. And comparing him to Bure is just stupid.
I dunno, 5 games = 5 goals. He is on pace for 82 goals.

Let's revisit this discussion in a few months.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:10 AM
  #11
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
I definately think that in a career season he could hit 50-60 points.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 05:27 AM
  #12
Antenna13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country:
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
insane.. Hagman is the kind of guy who could go the next 20 games without scoring, he is nothing close to a sniper. And comparing him to Bure is just stupid.
Oh well, during the 2000-01 season he was the best Finnish born goal scorer in SM-liiga with 28 goals in 56 games (topped only by Jaroslav Bednar 32g 56gp and Vladimir Machulda 29g 55gp), at age of 21. He in fact became an energy guy for 3rd/4th line in the NHL, but imo it's a bit ignorant not to recognice his scoring talent. With Kärpät back then he was indeed a sniper, and a very succesful one.

I don't see why he couldn't keep producing if he is given ice-time and a proper role. He is quite mature and experienced nowadays.

Antenna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:47 PM
  #13
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
I dunno, 5 games = 5 goals. He is on pace for 82 goals.

Let's revisit this discussion in a few months.
Will do. I'll be the first to admit it if i'm wrong. Personally I think Hagman's ceiling in the NHL is around 40 points, maybe 25 goals and 50 points in a career year. But nowhere near 40 goals.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
  #14
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusseli View Post
Oh well, during the 2000-01 season he was the best Finnish born goal scorer in SM-liiga with 28 goals in 56 games (topped only by Jaroslav Bednar 32g 56gp and Vladimir Machulda 29g 55gp), at age of 21. He in fact became an energy guy for 3rd/4th line in the NHL, but imo it's a bit ignorant not to recognice his scoring talent. With Kärpät back then he was indeed a sniper, and a very succesful one.

I don't see why he couldn't keep producing if he is given ice-time and a proper role. He is quite mature and experienced nowadays.
Tony Salmelainen and Jani Rita both won scoring titles in the SM-liiga, and neither could score a lick at the NHL level. So being a sniper in Finland doesn't always translate to the NHL level.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
  #15
Ciccarelli
Registered User
 
Ciccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
20+20 career max. 50 pts is pushing. I'd be more than happy to be wrong though.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
  #16
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
I have long stated that Nik Hagman is a tremendous player, and this guy can score! He is a pure sniper along the tradition of Pavel Bure.

In a good season, I think he is capable of producing 40+ goals, and around 70 pts.
Hagman has come back down to earth. He'll be lucky to get 40 points, but nowhere near 40 goals.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
  #17
ugrakarma
Registered User
 
ugrakarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: boonies, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutisticChild View Post
20+20 career max. 50 pts is pushing. I'd be more than happy to be wrong though.
Unfortunately you're probably rather accurate with that assumption. I doubt he would even be in NHL without his work ethic on the ice.

ugrakarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 11:06 PM
  #18
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
Hagman has come back down to earth. He'll be lucky to get 40 points, but nowhere near 40 goals.
He has the skill to put the puck in the net, just look at the wonderful shootout winner he had tonight for Dallas.

His problem is that he is just not consistent. If he could play as well as he is capable of all the time, he would be a 70pt a season guy. Instead, because of his tendency to disappear for stretches, he will likely once again be a 30-40 pt a season guy.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 05:15 AM
  #19
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
He has the skill to put the puck in the net, just look at the wonderful shootout winner he had tonight for Dallas.

His problem is that he is just not consistent. If he could play as well as he is capable of all the time, he would be a 70pt a season guy. Instead, because of his tendency to disappear for stretches, he will likely once again be a 30-40 pt a season guy.
Thats kind of like saying if cows had wings they could fly, isn't it?

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 11:30 AM
  #20
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Well, he is still on pace for 30 goals, so it ain't that bad

Will keep hoping for at least some kind of consistency..

Diaboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:26 AM
  #21
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Well well... Nicklas is doing pretty good job this season. 25 goals already and now playing with Richards so 30 goals should be realistic. And those were pretty goals Miets-Richards-Hag scored against Hawks. I might need to change my opinnion about him...

Like most of the guys here I saw Hagman good skater with ability to score 10-20 goals, but to have no hockey sense at all. It was pain to watch him play in national team ...awful memories. But now enjoying Richards` passing and vision I might start to like watching him play. And for the future of the national team it`s essential that Hagman gains confidence and continues to score. There`s always need for a goal scorer in team Finland.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 08:54 AM
  #22
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
It was pain to watch him play in national team ...awful memories.
O_o Niklas has always been a wonderful entertainer and a better than average player on the national team.

And in 02... He was completly magical.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
  #23
edd1e
Registered User
 
edd1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
O_o Niklas has always been a wonderful entertainer and a better than average player on the national team.

And in 02... He was completly magical.
I agree. Hagman is finally finding his game in the NHL..

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 03:16 AM
  #24
flyin_finn
Fighter Jet Pilot
 
flyin_finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
O_o Niklas has always been a wonderful entertainer and a better than average player on the national team.

And in 02... He was completly magical.
In NHL he did not show much of a magic during the seasons 2001-02 and 2002-03 with Panthers, as the stats from those season show.

2001-02
GP G A P PM
80 8 15 23 20

2002-03
GP G A P PM
78 10 18 28 8

I've seen him multiple times in Karpat (in 1st division and Elite League), NHL and national team. He can score few goals for you, but skill-wise is borderline 2nd liner. Mostly the problem with Hagman has been that he is not enough good to play in offensive lines and not suited for defensive lines.

He is a good skater, but not really a great shooter. I am really surprised that he is going to reach the 30-goal mark this season.

flyin_finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 03:23 AM
  #25
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin_finn View Post
Mostly the problem with Hagman has been that he is not enough good to play in offensive lines and not suited for defensive lines.
I'd beg to differ. He is good enough to be a throw-in on an offensive line, and on most occasions won't look out of place. And he brings alot of energy and skating, along with some nice hitting that makes him suitable for checking line duty as well.

And the magic of course was in the world champs of 02, where he was named best forward, ahead such guys as Palffy and so on. As the text in my previous post points out, it was about the national team ^^

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.