HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scatchard skating at Rangers practice/Hossa Out with Groin Strain

Old
10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You fail to mention how much Cullen hated being a Ranger.During the Canes-Sens game,John Forslund was commenting on how happy Cullen and his wife are to be back in Carolina.Cullen wasn't comfortable playing in NY
you fail to mention that Cullen said the same thing when he moved to Westchester and said how it was not at all like he expected and how much it reminded him of growing up in Minnesota and blah,blah,blah.

The bottom line is he may or may not have prefered his lifestyle in Carolina over NY but it doesn't matter because I don't have a problem with them moving him but rather my problem is the lack of a plan to replace him after having moved him.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Scatchard hasn't played in so long.No training camp.No pre-season games.TO in Hartford is the next step
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho..._in_for_t.html it says he has been signed to a tryout

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:03 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Pearn likes to have a third line shutdown line, he a) would've had one last season, but Betts ultimately played on a fourth line because that's not what they wanted
They did started like that last season after they realize Jarg was not himself after surgery and that Lundqvist is not so good and in need of defensive help. As those problems got alleviated, Betts was replaced with less defense oriented Cullen.
Quote:
b) they would've started the season that way
We just did. Betts on 3rd is not so much luck of confidence in Dubi as it is a testament to 1st line weakness.
Quote:
c) Prucha and Callahan would not be the wingers.
That's correct. Not the shape you want 3rd line to be. But 3rd line wingers suitable to assure Betts success were both not available. Hossa was much more needed for Jagr line and Avery was Shanhy preference over Prucha before he got injured. Yet against the Isles Betts line was the best at both ends. Knowing Renney, I can tell we will see Prucha-Betts-Cally quite a few times.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Fletch

it is strange how the Rangers' defensive play got a lot better when Betts was on a fourth line, as opposed to when he was on a third line. It's also odd that in the last couple years, he's been one of few minuses on the team. Very odd.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
but you weren't for a Peca signing? What's the difference?
The difference is I see Scatchard as a stop gap that the team would have very little patience with if he fails (like Krog, Kaspar, JWard AWardetc) he would also make a ton less money then Peca...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Wait Renney is going to give Dubinsky time on the 3rd line tonight...I wonder if my home vs away matchup theory was right?

either way....

3 games into the season and the Rangers miss Peca?

hardly...

Betts is by far a better player right now anyway..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Ola

So, what do you guys really think of Dave Scatchard?

He was our 1st option to center our 2nd line after the lockout, atleast after the big names. And when we didn't get him we had to settle with Rucchin.

I just don't remember him at all basically from his Islanders days.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Coach Tom Renney said the Rangers would continue to evaluate free-agent tryout Dave Scatchard through Wednesday and then decide whether to sign him. If they do, Renney indicated that Scatchard would go to Hartford as insurance in case of an injury.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...als_penal.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
you fail to mention that Cullen said the same thing when he moved to Westchester and said how it was not at all like he expected and how much it reminded him of growing up in Minnesota and blah,blah,blah.

The bottom line is he may or may not have prefered his lifestyle in Carolina over NY but it doesn't matter because I don't have a problem with them moving him but rather my problem is the lack of a plan to replace him after having moved him.
There is a plan in place but you don't agree with it or can't see it

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote