HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question about Practice Pucks

Old
10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

vCash: 500
Question about Practice Pucks

I practice a lot on the road and in my driveway, so I have a question.

Any one know how to get pucks to bounce less other than freezing them? This is mainly for when I'm at my mom's house, so I'm sure she would NOT approve of hockey pucks in the freezer. Alternatively, if you know of pucks with the same weight but don't bounce that'd be great too.

Asking because I just had an incident now where I took a sick 90 foot shot, from the street to the end of my mom's apartment building's parking not, but the shot curved so well that it went through the net, took a wicked bounce, and hit a car. Thankfully the guy isn't pissed, but if it bounced higher i would've smashed the window, and that would NOT have been nice.

Old
10-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Nosebleed Section

Maybe use like a smart ball or something that simulates a puck but is meant for street hockey. As far as keeping a real puck from bouncing I don't think its gonna happen.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 05:11 PM
SSM12

Bouncing helps stickhandling, I recommend it

as for keeping an ice puck from bouncing, wont happen. The orange light weight pucks work well when worn down, but other then that maybe street hockey balls

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:40 AM
lotus

You want to see some curve and bounce, try out a street hockey ball hahah. In the ball league I play in, it's pretty much become strategy to curve a slapshot from the redline. I've seen some CRAZY things happen. May aswell be throwing a slider.

Bounce is gonna happen with anything at all. Luck of the draw on your shot I guess man. Most roller hockey pucks weigh ~3.4 ounces and a ball not even a quarter that unless it is a gravity ball (with water in it...helps keep it down, bounce less....actually that might not be a bad idea, but as with any ball...it's REAL easy to get absurd amounts of height on it).

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Phoenix

I have that exact same problem - rebounds. I had a rebound that actually hit the neighbours' window, but luckily it was like the 4th rebound, so it didn't actually break it.....and the owners weren't around to get freaked out.

But i have always contemplated putting a tiny hole in the middle of my orange puck, and attaching some sort of lightweight fishing line to it, long enough to get a decent hit, but short enough to spare the fragiles around. Have no idea whether it'll work though.

Apparently you can also get squishy foam pucks - would be a different feel, but would be alright if just target practising

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote