HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Skates

Old
10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
CCM Skates

So I have this player who just started skating and his mom came up to me today and asked me if I could sharpen her son's skates. I told her..."no problem."

Then when I got the skates in my hand I noticed that it didn't have nay blades, just a thin strip of metal running down a teflon holder.

So I was wondering if any member in the forum has run across these skates and how do you sharpen the blades.

They are CCM Vector 100 ZB with T' Blades. (M-13-256) US Pat: 5,769,434

So they look like all you do is use a key, remove the blade, and throw the old one away and pop in a new blade each time.

Here's the $50.00 question.... How much are the replacement blades and where do you get them?

I went on the CCM web site and they don't say anything about this skate. Was it one of those...."Oops, we made a piece of S**T product and now we can't sell it!"

The parent told me that they normally cost $500.00 and she said that she bought them on EBay for $50.00 She said she got a steal. However, If you can't get replacement blades, I think she didn't get a steal, or a deal.

Any suggestions on how I can find replacement blades for her.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Head Coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
ClicheGuevara

T-Blades is a separate company from CCM, I think those skates were specially made for HockeyMonkey. Though I might be making stuff up. Anyhow, this link might help.
http://hockeymonkey.com/tbladepage.html

ClicheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
T-Blades is a separate company from CCM, I think those skates were specially made for HockeyMonkey. Though I might be making stuff up. Anyhow, this link might help.
http://hockeymonkey.com/tbladepage.html

i think you are right about them being made just for hockeymonkey because i've never seen them anywhere else.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Yeah you need to buy T-Blades seperately. http://www.t-blade.com/retail.php

But IIRC, there is a tool out there that can help sharpen them temporarily...not sure if it's just a normal stone like any others or if it's specially made.

They arn't a HM exclusive I do not believe...they were an actualy model for a couple years. They are still available on a couple sites like hockeyworld.com (but then again, what's not available there, lol).

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Nosebleed Section

You can put T-Blades on any skate. The replacement blades are about 30$ but there supposed to last for about 3-4 times longer then if you'd need a sharpening so basically its supposed to work out fairly evenly.

Replacement blades you should be able to find at any place that sells higher end hockey equipment so you wont be able to find them at sportcheck but like a more specialized hockey store should carry them.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Numba29

Send a message via AIM to Numba29
T-Blades cannot be sharpened. They need to be replaced. I knowa round here in south jersey, some rinks carry them, and some rinks dont. They replace them for 15 bucks. But T-Blades were a Russian fade that really dont work.

So, tell her son to get a regular pair of skates, because in teh long wrong, he'll benefit more.

I have CCM V10's, love em btw

Numba29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:14 AM
windflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numba29 View Post
T-Blades cannot be sharpened. They need to be replaced. I knowa round here in south jersey, some rinks carry them, and some rinks dont. They replace them for 15 bucks. But T-Blades were a Russian fade that really dont work.

So, tell her son to get a regular pair of skates, because in teh long wrong, he'll benefit more.

Disagree. Some people love them, as they do have benefits in teaching people how to skate better (screeches when you don't use your blades properly), and people who are get used to T-blades coming from normal skates frequently enjoy improved speed and responsiveness. And they are not a Russian fad - European.

And of course, a replacement t-blade ($10) is not as expensive as 5-10 sharpenings, which is about as long as they'll stay sharp for.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
[QUOTE=windflare;10769351] they do have benefits in teaching people how to skate better (screeches when you don't use your blades properly)QUOTE]

You are right! I got this new student that joined my adult pilot program and this guy is 6'2' and is just learning how to skate. If he doesn't angle the blade correctly, it makes noise.

Headcoach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numba29 View Post

Actually I think T-blades are a German 'fad'

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote