HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Boston Bruins @ LA Kings l 10/12 l 10:30 ET l NESN (HD) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
  #26
KingKessel81
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamD1337 View Post
I hope Lucic plays on that line with Krejci and Kessel. At least it would give him some ice time.
You got your wish. Also from the link Smerri just posted:

Quote:
* Milan Lucic will play on the third line alongside David Krejci and Phil Kessel. "They're giving me an opportunity, so I've got to make the most of it," said Lucic.

KingKessel81 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
  #27
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,405
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKessel81 View Post
You got your wish. Also from the link Smerri just posted:
Nice to see Lucic get the opportunity. I hope he plays like he did in the first two games and forgets about last game vs Anaheim...

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
  #28
ksp1957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Shore
Posts: 17,201
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post

Oh well, my early guess was wrong.

ksp1957 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
  #29
Goalie27*
 
Goalie27*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Country: New Caledonia
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKessel81 View Post
You got your wish. Also from the link Smerri just posted:
Interesting... Not sure if I'd put the three kids together, I like having a responsible vet on every line, but hopefully it works out.

Goalie27* is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
  #30
WickedBruinsGirl
Registered User
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Italy
Posts: 14,199
vCash: 500
The line of Krejci, Kessel and Axelsson has been out there for more goals against than any other line, at even-strength anyway. So I'm glad to see Lucic being moved to that line.

Kinda surprised to see Axelsson get bumped to the 4th, but he and Metropolit should connect well.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:07 PM
  #31
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Cheng View Post
Nice to see Lucic get the opportunity. I hope he plays like he did in the first two games and forgets about last game vs Anaheim...
Nice Claude

I love that he's giving him a chance, especially on the other line of 2 youngers. He REALLY has confidence in our young players which is an awesome change of pace from last season. Note: Krejci's LEAD in ice time last game.

I'm also happy Manny is getting the start. I hope he does great and earns the start tomorrow.

Silva is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
  #32
machoman911b
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country:
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
this is the first game that Raitis Ivanans has played against Zdeno Chara after Big Z's cheap punch (after the fight was being broken up) that shattered Ratis' orbital bone, and put him out of the season.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9jrTz3JuCik

Any redemption tonight? I bet Chara will be ready if it comes his way.

machoman911b is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
  #33
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 23,027
vCash: 500
I will be watching the game but only after I have a nap. Dang it's tough to get old...

BMC is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
  #34
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
"We all know that Manny is a better goaltender than he's shown," Claude Julien said after the morning skate at the Staples Center. "He's shown that he's a No. 1 proven goaltender. We got him here for that reason. He needs to show us that tonight, and he's got the opportunity to do that."
Couldn't have said it better myself, Claude.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:42 PM
  #35
Zikky
Registered User
 
Zikky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post

Kinda surprised to see Axelsson get bumped to the 4th, but he and Metropolit should connect well.
Metropolit no longer center the first line?

Zikky is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:42 PM
  #36
AK37
Registered User
 
AK37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Axellson isn't playing with the kids tongiht....thank you god

AK37 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
  #37
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
If this move works out, anybody think Axe's 4th line duty is the precursor to a trade?

Ruzicka38 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:53 PM
  #38
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 500
i hope the bruins wont be intimidated again tonite
wen they play whit confidence like the first 7,8 minutes against the ducks they can be a pretty exciting team

Spooner st is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:54 PM
  #39
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger
 
Ivyy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 8,993
vCash: 50
so still no word on savard??

Schaefer-Savard-Kobasew
Sturm-Bergeron-Murray
Luic-Krecji-Kessel
Axe-Metropolit-Thornton

??

Schaefer-Metropolit-Kobasew
Sturm-Bergeron-Murray
Luic-Krecji-Kessel
Axe-Thornton-Bochenski

??

Ivyy13 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
  #40
BostonPC
Bleed Black & Gold
 
BostonPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lexington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
I'm soo pumped for tonight. What a great night of sports it's going to be

Am I crazy if I would give up a Red Sox win tonight for a Bruins win?

Because I would
Yes, you are crazy

I don't give up wins...... I want them all !!!!!!

Boston sports double header. Go for the sweep.

BostonPC is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
  #41
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Am I crazy if I would give up a Red Sox win tonight for a Bruins win?

Because I would
ill second that

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
  #42
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Richard Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonPC View Post
Yes, you are crazy

I don't give up wins...... I want them all !!!!!!

Boston sports double header. Go for the sweep.
agreed its the Bruins 4th game compared to the REDSOX, never mind the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________
Follow me on twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richie_Murray
Richard Murray is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
  #43
BostonPC
Bleed Black & Gold
 
BostonPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lexington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_judge View Post
i hope the bruins wont be intimidated again tonite
wen they play whit confidence like the first 7,8 minutes against the ducks they can be a pretty exciting team
Your avatar intimidates me.

BostonPC is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
  #44
beckett77
 
beckett77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonPC View Post
Yes, you are crazy

I don't give up wins...... I want them all !!!!!!

Boston sports double header. Go for the sweep.
Let's not forget the Celtics are 2-0 (early post-season, but the BIG "TRIO" look good)
and the PATS go over 6-0 Sunday vs. the Cowboys!!!

It's a great sports weekend for Boston fans.

beckett77 is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
  #45
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,558
vCash: 500
Interesting lineup tonight...

I don't like that Lucic is up on the 3rd line, not that Axe was doing much there, but Lucic hasn't shown anything other than the ability to hit so far.

I'm excited to see Manny again. I thought the 2nd goal against Ana was soft by Timmah, but overall he's been very good, so I wouldn't have minded seeing them go with him again, if for no other reason than to play the hot hand.

IMO, Bergeron won't get it going 5/5, until they put Schaefer on his line. PB needs to play with at least one player who's also a good passer and right now he doesn't have anyone. I don't understand the need to keep Sturm there either, I mean we haven't seen "chemistry" from those two since 05-06. Time to change it up.

Krecji & Kessel need Sturm on their line. That play where Krecji set up Sturm for the one-timer against PHX, I've seen Krecji make that same play twice to Axe, who's misfired, and I don't expect Lucic to have any more success there.

On the bright side, glad to see Axe on the 4th line. I love Axe as much as the next guy, but I don't see the chemistry with Krecji that he had with Savvy. And I think if this team is going to forecheck the way they want, the way they did against PHX & for parts of the Dallas & Anaheim games, they're going to need a 4th line that can play some minutes. And Axe-Metro-Thornton has the potential to be a solid defensive line.

Oh, and I agree with Silva, I'll trade a Sox win for a B's win any day of the week (playoffs or not).

PlayMakers is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
  #46
BostonPC
Bleed Black & Gold
 
BostonPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lexington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckett77 View Post
Let's not forget the Celtics are 2-0 (early post-season, but the BIG "TRIO" look good)
and the PATS go over 6-0 Sunday vs. the Cowboys!!!

It's a great sports weekend for Boston fans.
Exactly....

Are the Rev's playing?

BostonPC is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
  #47
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,405
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Interesting lineup tonight...

I don't like that Lucic is up on the 3rd line, not that Axe was doing much there, but Lucic hasn't shown anything other than the ability to hit so far.

I'm excited to see Manny again. I thought the 2nd goal against Ana was soft by Timmah, but overall he's been very good, so I wouldn't have minded seeing them go with him again, if for no other reason than to play the hot hand.

IMO, Bergeron won't get it going 5/5, until they put Schaefer on his line. PB needs to play with at least one player who's also a good passer and right now he doesn't have anyone. I don't understand the need to keep Sturm there either, I mean we haven't seen "chemistry" from those two since 05-06. Time to change it up.

Krecji & Kessel need Sturm on their line. That play where Krecji set up Sturm for the one-timer against PHX, I've seen Krecji make that same play twice to Axe, who's misfired, and I don't expect Lucic to have any more success there.

On the bright side, glad to see Axe on the 4th line. I love Axe as much as the next guy, but I don't see the chemistry with Krecji that he had with Savvy. And I think if this team is going to forecheck the way they want, the way they did against PHX & for parts of the Dallas & Anaheim games, they're going to need a 4th line that can play some minutes. And Axe-Metro-Thornton has the potential to be a solid defensive line.

Oh, and I agree with Silva, I'll trade a Sox win for a B's win any day of the week.
Krejci with Kessel and Sturm would be interesting. I'd also wouldn't mind Schaefer there, I think his skill and board play would go well with that line...then again, I think it would go well with just about any line.

re: Timmy's 2nd GA last game, it looked soft, but he was definitely playing the original shot, which he would have had, but Krejci came across and tried to stop the shot on his backhand. The puck was already fluttering and it just skipped off his stick and went up over where Timmy's glove was positioned to catch it. It's a hard goal to give up. I thought it was unlucky more than it was soft. That's two unlucky goals agaisnt for Timmy. Manny's 4th GA agaisnt Dallas is what I would call soft.

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
  #48
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Krecji & Kessel need Sturm on their line. That play where Krecji set up Sturm for the one-timer against PHX, I've seen Krecji make that same play twice to Axe, who's misfired, and I don't expect Lucic to have any more success there.
Or Bochenski could play there, he can play both wings. But I think Bochenski must have insulted Julien's mother, and is still being punished for it.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
  #49
Waltah*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,030
vCash: 500
cool, manny starting and lucic with kess/krej

Waltah* is offline  
Old
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
  #50
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,512
vCash: 500
Gettin ready to head down to the game. Hopefully I bring the boys a little luck. Lets go B's!

TwineTickler is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.