HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Svitov Russian interview translated

Old
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
pipe dreams

vCash: 500
I miss him. oh well
f#$#$ him

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
He appears to be enjoying life in this vid as he beats up Darcy Verot, a name who you might be firmiliar with.....sounds like the crowd loves him too...... http://youtube.com/watch?v=q-16m5nV0ew&feature=related
a clearer view (no sound) http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dsb4qb-Gas8&feature=related
Good for Alex; best of luck to him there. That said, I think the Jackets are a better team with Peca, so both Alex and I are probably happier for how things turned out.

Matt Foley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Mogilny89

It sounds to me like he knocked up some broad and she didn't want to live over here - maybe a longtime girlfriend or something. But come on, he's being so vague it's obvious he HAD to come back, and what else in this world requires a 24 year old to not do as he wishes.

Another thing I'll note is to me, it sounds like the CBJ were a crappy team to play for last year, and not only on the ice, but in the locker room. I've been on teams where no one gets along and they play about on par with the 06-07 jackets as far as effort and cohesiveness. I think Alex would be feeling differently on the whole "interacting with team mates" if he played on this season's Jackets team, which are obviously a much happier and connected group.

But who cares, Svitov for Peca is the most lopsided trade-off I've seen in a while - at least that's how it looks now.

Mogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Hank19

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystormcgy View Post
Hooligan, lol.
LOL! I loved that part too:

As far as the social interaction issues, wasn't he decent friends with Fedorov and Zherdev?
It sounds like he's an introvert to begin with and didn't want to make the effort.
Besides, wasn't he offered more money to play in Russia? Playing for more money and less games would be enticing to a lot of young guys.

Hank19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Oligarch55

Don't you guys think, that he could have some family problems?!
His daughter felt very bad, while staying in Columbus and it was very hard for his wife to solve all the problems alone...
Maybe that was one of the reason he left CBJ.

Oligarch55 is offline   Reply With Quote