HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

07/08 SV%: Backstrom V. Brodeur

View Poll Results: Who will have the better save % at the end of the 07/08 season?
Martin Brodeur 22 25.29%
Niklas Backstrom 41 47.13%
NO!!! 24 27.59%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2007, 03:17 PM
  #1
STA
Registered User
 
STA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
07/08 SV%: Backstrom V. Brodeur

I"m gonna say Backstrom.

STA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 04:27 PM
  #2
Sportacus
:)
 
Sportacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,683
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STA View Post
I"m gonna say Backstrom.
as am I

__________________
Based on Japanese History
Sportacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 04:46 PM
  #3
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,736
vCash: 118
Ill give the edge to Backstrom right now, but any difference will be negligible (003% or less).

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
  #4
ALine9900
 
ALine9900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 500
GAA to Backstrom, % to Brodeur, hes looked very good, but the D bloo0oo0o0ws.

ALine9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 05:59 PM
  #5
amnesiac*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,716
vCash: 500
Backstrom only because of the D in front of him, not because of his talent.

Hence Brodeur would have a higher SV% by far if the teams were reversed.

amnesiac* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 06:02 PM
  #6
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,501
vCash: 500
If Brodeur was playing for Minnesota he'd finish with a 98,5 SV%.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
  #7
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
I just laughed so hard at "NO!!!"

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
  #8
PANTHERS OWN YOU*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
I am going to go with.. NO!!!

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
  #9
Parise 9
 
Parise 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Martin Brodeur

Parise 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 11:06 PM
  #10
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,343
vCash: 500
Backstrom by a mile tbh. Brodeur will pick up more wins as usual.

I'd predict similar to last year except Backstrom has more games-wins.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 11:15 PM
  #11
tony d
The franchise
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,214
vCash: 500
Martin Brodeur.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
  #12
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
What team does no play for? I never heard of him, but he's beating Brodeur in this poll.

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
  #13
Hav-a-lot*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Backstrom only because of the D in front of him, not because of his talent.

Hence Brodeur would have a higher SV% by far if the teams were reversed.
lol you say it like the Wild have an Anaheim caliber defense. Carney, Schultz, Foster, Burns, Johnsson, Nummelin -- this is an elite corps to you?

Hav-a-lot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
  #14
thejerseydiablo
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav-a-lot View Post
lol you say it like the Wild have an Anaheim caliber defense. Carney, Schultz, Foster, Burns, Johnsson, Nummelin -- this is an elite corps to you?
Compared to Martin, Vishnevski, Rachunek, Greene, Oduya, and Mottau? YES


On top of it being Lemaire's defense first system as compared to Sutter's new look Devils




And what exactly is the "NO" vote?

thejerseydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 02:41 PM
  #15
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiffle View Post
I just laughed so hard at "NO!!!"
Am I the only one thinking of Ted Stevens screaming it?

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
  #16
STA
Registered User
 
STA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Obv the "NO!!!" was of the Ted Stevens variety.

Anybody got a youtube of that?

STA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
  #17
RMT
 
RMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,480
vCash: 500
Backstrom.

RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
  #18
Karl
Registered User
 
Karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Backstrom only because of the D in front of him, not because of his talent.

Hence Brodeur would have a higher SV% by far if the teams were reversed.
Obviously you have never watched him play then. You are probably just going of the same mantra of the "Lemaire boring trap strategy" which makes goalies look ten times better than they are.

Why don't you watch Backstrom play before you spout such nonsense.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:32 PM
  #19
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Obviously you have never watched him play then. You are probably just going of the same mantra of the "Lemaire boring trap strategy" which makes goalies look ten times better than they are.

Why don't you watch Backstrom play before you spout such nonsense.
Are you suggesting that Backstrom is more talented than Brodeur?

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:37 PM
  #20
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Obviously you have never watched him play then. You are probably just going of the same mantra of the "Lemaire boring trap strategy" which makes goalies look ten times better than they are.

Why don't you watch Backstrom play before you spout such nonsense.
LOL, welcome to the world of the Devils and Brodeur......just get used to it son

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
  #21
Karl
Registered User
 
Karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
Are you suggesting that Backstrom is more talented than Brodeur?
No not at all. Brodeur has multiple Stanley Cups, numerous awards, and he is an Olympian. I was just responding to amnesiac's post of him saying that Backstrom successes has nothing to do with his talent.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
  #22
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 39,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
No not at all. Brodeur has multiple Stanley Cups, numerous awards, and an Olympian. I was just responding to amnesiac's post of him saying that Backstrom successes has nothing to do with his talent..
Overreaction much?

He said that Backstrom would have a better save % than Brodeur because he has a better D in front of him than Brodeur, not because he is more talented than Brodeur. I thought it was pretty clear.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:45 PM
  #23
ALine9900
 
ALine9900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Obviously you have never watched him play then. You are probably just going of the same mantra of the "Lemaire boring trap strategy" which makes goalies look ten times better than they are.

Why don't you watch Backstrom play before you spout such nonsense.

ALine9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:46 PM
  #24
ALine9900
 
ALine9900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 500
btw, why is it just Marty and Backstrom?

ALine9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
  #25
Riffo*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
From what I've seen so far Marty is past his prime while Backstrom seems solid.

Riffo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.