HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Thanks for trying, RIT. You guys got off to a slow start and thats just something you cant do against a team like the Badgers.

Old
04-08-2010, 07:31 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
You guys always dive around the ice like that? That was embarassing to watch as a hockey fan.

Old
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
You guys always dive around the ice like that? That was embarassing to watch as a hockey fan.
What diving are you talking talking about? I bet that the "diving" really changed the outcome, didn't it? The only embarassing thing was watching your dIII team try and compete with the big boys. Go troll somewhere else, sore loser.

P.S. People who see me post on this board know I'm not a s**t talker. I gave RIT credit for getting where they did but I have zero tolerance for trolls from 2nd rate teams coming on our board and trashing a great effort. Good thing thing your team is in the conference they are; if they were in the WCHA they'd never see the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
What diving are you talking talking about? I bet that the "diving" really changed the outcome, didn't it? The only embarassing thing was watching your dIII team try and compete with the big boys. Go troll somewhere else, sore loser.

P.S. People who see me post on this board know I'm not a s**t talker. I gave RIT credit for getting where they did but I have zero tolerance for trolls from 2nd rate teams coming on our board and trashing a great effort. Good thing thing your team is in the conference they are; if they were in the WCHA they'd never see the playoffs.
Sore loser is right Rabid.I would love to see RIT play a full WCHA schedule.They sure and the hell wouldn't of been in the tourney.Hell my high school girls team would of gave them a run for their money.

Old
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Sore loser is right Rabid.I would love to see RIT play a full WCHA schedule.They sure and the hell wouldn't of been in the tourney.Hell my high school girls team would of gave them a run for their money.
I'm pretty sure if any of the top 5 of the WCHA played in Atlantic Hockey they would lose 1 game per year to RIT (as the chokers, DU did) or Air Force.

Our bottom feeders would win that conference every year....you hear me, troll? Your team only made the dance thanks to the very generous system that allows CHA (R.I.P.) and AH teams into the playoffs, troll. You should be enjoying your team's moment of mediocrity, troll, instead of lobbing farcical criticisms against a team that destroyed a farcical Cinderella run. I almost felt bad for RIT until you showed up, troll.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 04-08-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
high school girls team. Right. Well, they might have been able to keep their balance better than the Badgers

No, it most likely wouldn't have changed the outcome, but that was disgraceful to watch. I've seen bottom feeder Atlantic Hockey teams more capable of keeping their skates with guys on their back than Wisconsin tonight.

Old
04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
high school girls team. Right.

No, it most likely wouldn't have changed the outcome, but that was disgraceful to watch.
Yeah ya got a problem with that?

Old
04-08-2010, 10:16 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
high school girls team. Right. Well, they might have been able to keep their balance better than the Badgers

No, it most likely wouldn't have changed the outcome, but that was disgraceful to watch. I've seen bottom feeder Atlantic Hockey teams more capable of keeping their skates with guys on their back than Wisconsin tonight.
It must be very humilating to be schooled....I mean, SCHOOLED!!!!!! by a team that can't even stand up on skates

PULEEEZ, the bottom players in Atlantic hockey couldn't even be waterboys or team fluffers in the WCHA

Old
04-08-2010, 10:20 PM
RabidBadger

Anyway, the Cheddar vs. chowder rematch of '06 is on. I can't believe BC hammered Miami like that, but I'm not too surprised Miami's lack of footspeed caught up to them. Michigan pretty well made them looked flat-footed.

At any rate, Bucky will have their hands full on Saturday.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Badger36

Quote:
You mean the diving around that the RIT players were doing every time they tried to check one of the Badgers against the boards?

Old
04-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Bucky will have their hands full on Saturday.
Should be a close game. Both teams are pretty equal in terms of speed, but I think the Badgers' superior depth will give them an advantage.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...040810aaa.html
Quote:
The University of Wisconsin men's hockey team earned a place in the NCAA national championship game by defeating Rochester Institute of Technology 8-1 in the first semifinal of the NCAA Frozen Four in Detroit on Friday. The Badgers will play for the program's seventh national title when they take on either Boston College or Miami in the championship game on Saturday night at 6 p.m. CT.
The Badgers outshot the Tigers 37-14, including a 27-8 differential in the final two periods.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Quote:
Anyway, the Cheddar vs. chowder rematch of '06 is on. I can't believe BC hammered Miami like that, but I'm not too surprised Miami's lack of footspeed caught up to them. Michigan pretty well made them looked flat-footed.

At any rate, Bucky will have their hands full on Saturday.
Wisky should be playing Michigan for the championship... I am still smarting from the hosejob the Wolverines got versus Miami.

Sorry for invading your thread with that rant. Good luck against BC.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Wisky should be playing Michigan for the championship... I am still smarting from the hosejob the Wolverines got versus Miami.

Sorry for invading your thread with that rant. Good luck against BC.
Thanks for theh well-wishing, Probert. No worries about the rant, we know your boys got jobbed and I would be pretty irate as well. A UM/UW matchup would have been epic.

Old
04-09-2010, 10:11 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Oh, boy i am not getting involved in this.....

Bucky took it to RIT....and the Tigers didn't have a chance from the first few minutes of the game. The way the Badgers were playing, even if RIT brought their "A" game, they didn't have a chance.

I think considering the AHA is pretty much a thrown together conference of mish-mosh teams, they have fared pretty well in the tourney considering.

DS, I would love to have more OC games vs the WCHA. No one expects them/us to be at that level. It only helps the programs exposure and lets them know where they need to go, or add.
it Would be great to see them actually travel to RIT (maybe not the Ritter, but the BCA can take it). Not likely of course for financial reason, but we can hope.
So far RIT has played Minny, Mankato, DU and Wisconsin now. and is 2-3....I won't complain about that, nor would i expect outcomes like that all the time. that would be stupid...(wins over Minny/DU)

RIT President Dresler was interviewed the other day and said with the exposure the program has gotten, it has expedited talks of Rink expansion, and possibility of the Womens program (also a perennial top 5 team in the nation) of going DI.....who knows what Wilson could do with a handful of scholarships at his disposal.

Best of luck VS BC. I'll be in Mad town rooting for my others--The Badgers....

Old
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
NinthSpoke06
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucky View Post
Should be a close game. Both teams are pretty equal in terms of speed, but I think the Badgers' superior depth will give them an advantage.
LOLWUT??

BC is so much faster than Wisconsin it is not even funny. However, it should still be a great game. Hoping we can pay you back for 2006. We let you have that one in your backyard, hopefully this time we aren't as nice.

Old
04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
LOLWUT??

BC is so much faster than Wisconsin it is not even funny. However, it should still be a great game. Hoping we can pay you back for 2006. We let you have that one in your backyard, hopefully this time we aren't as nice.
I won't weigh in on the speed issue, but I will wish you guys luck tomorrow. You can't ask for a better matchup than this. Regardless of the outcome it's been a great year for both programs.

We aren't in our backyard this time, but we are in the next door neighbors yard Have fun watching!

Old
04-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARAnator View Post
LOLWUT??

I respectfully disagree. It should be a great game though, Im hoping that the Badgers take yet another NCAA championship in Detroit.
I honestly dont think that BC has the depth to keep up with Wisconsin, but we shall see.

Old
04-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...040910aab.html
Quote:
After the Badgers ousted RIT, 8-1, in the NCAA National Semifinal game Thursday evening, Wisconsin (28-10-4) finds itself in the national title game Saturday at 6 p.m. CT, where the squad will square off against the Boston College Eagles (28-10-3).

In Wisconsin's semifinal game, seven different Badgers tallied a goal, and junior blueliner Brendan Smith (Mimico, Ontario) tied a tournament record by notching five assists. The Badgers were firing on all cylinders in the game, having outshot RIT, 37-14, at game's end. Wisconsin also capitalized on nearly half of its power-play opportunities.

Defensively, junior net minder Scott Gudmandson (Sherwood Park, Alberta) was a star in the nets for Wisconsin. Turning away all but one RIT attempt, his record climbed to 20-4-4 on the season to lead the Cardinal and White. As a team, the Badgers were relentless on defense, as they only allowed eight shots in the final two periods combined and halted three of RIT's four power-play chances.

Wisconsin's high-powered offense and unyielding defense will need to be just as sharp in the championship game against BC. Having scored 16 points in its last two games, Boston College has proven it can light up the scoreboard as well. Led by sophomore leading scorer Cam Atkinson (28-23=51), the Eagles enter the championship on a 12-game unbeaten streak.

Boston College is no stranger to the Badgers when it comes to national championship games. Back in the Badgers' 2006 National Title campaign, Wisconsin bested BC, 2-1, to bring the title back to Madison.

Since that game, the schools have battled three other times, with the Eagles coming out victorious in all three contests.

Wisconsin heads into the national title game having lost only five times since the calendar turned to 2010. This is thanks in large part to the prolific offensive production by the Badgers. Wisconsin is the only team in the country to boast four 50-or-more point scorers. The four scorers all find themselves in the top-13 in the nation in terms of points-per-game.

Old
04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...040910aac.html
Quote:
The winner of the 2010 Hobey Baker Memorial Award will be announced tonight from Ford Field in Detroit as part of the NCAA Frozen Four. Fans can watch the announcement live on ESPNU as senior forward Blake Geoffrion has the chance to become Wisconsin’s first Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner in program history.

Geoffrion joins New Hampshire’s Bobby Butler and Maine’s Gustav Nyquist in the “Hobey Hat Trick” final three candidates for the award. Tonight’s announcement will be made live on ESPNU at 6 p.m. CT.

Old
04-09-2010, 05:58 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucky View Post
I respectfully disagree. It should be a great game though, Im hoping that the Badgers take yet another NCAA championship in Detroit.
I honestly dont think that BC has the depth to keep up with Wisconsin, but we shall see.
BC is always competitive; that was a young team that took our '06 team to the limit. Of course Schneider played out of his mind in that game or it could have been a white-washing.

The Matchups:
Forwards: Bucky is a bit more top heavy with big guns having 3 guys with more than 50 points. BC is pretty even in terms of goals scored and PP%. I agree Bucky can match their footspeed. the Eagles won't turn Wisc into practice pylons like they did Miami. I don't think there is a clear favorite in this category so I'll say it's even.

Defense: BC has an underated defense and Carl Sneep has quietly been one of the best d-men in the game the past 4 years. BCs defense can skate well but they don't put up the points UWs D does. UW has a guy on every line, McDonagh, Smitty and Golobouf respectively, that would be a 1st line defensemen on just about any team. McDonagh and Gardiner have been lights out defensively and I think Atkinson's line will get pretty aquainted with them. Edge to Bucky.

Goalie: Guddy's stats on the year are a bit better but Muse has won a national championship already. When BCs defense let Miami get chances Muse made sure they wouldn't capitalize. Edge to BC.

Coaching: what can you say about Jerry York? The guy won a title with Bowling-frickin-Green. He takes unheralded recruits and makes stars out of them and he can take a team of underclassmen pretty far. Mike Eaves is no slouch having delivered the 1st WJC Gold Medal to the USA and winning a national title...against Jerry York, no less! Edge BC, but I willl say Mark Osieki is a defensive mastermind and an ace in the hole for UW. I don't know enough about BCs assistants to comment.

Intangibles: UW has more upperclassmen and I think Eaves knows this team is built to win NOW. You can see from the efforts of guys like Benidickson, Mitchell and A-Bohmb they want to graduate with a title. BC has some holdovers from the championship team and they know what it takes to win. something has to give....

Old
04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
RabidBadger

Wow, it was great watching Blake Geoffrion go from out of control hothead to Hobey Baker winner. Hats off to Blake, he has been "Mr. Everything" for the team this year. I hope we follow in Alabama footballs footsteps; they finally get a Heisman winner and cap it off with a national title.

Old
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
RabidBadger

Congrats to BC. Well played by a great program. they are deserving champs.

Thanks for a great season from our beloved Badgers

Old
04-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Badger36

Well played by BC. The Badgers did an overall good job of keeping up with the speed of BC, but the offense just didnt show up and they didnt give Gudmanson enough help on defense.
They had plenty of scoring chances, but they didnt put the puck on goal nearly enough (lots of shots went high or wide of the net).
BC played a heck of a game though, I take nothing away from them.
Im proud of the season the Badgers had and while Im very disappointed right now that they fell short of the national title, all in all Im very proud of our players and Im proud of Blake Geoffrion for winning the Hobey. Its about time that a Badger won the Hobey Baker, considering all of the very, very talented players who have played for the UW over the years.

Old
04-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...040910aae.html
Quote:
Senior forward Blake Geoffrion was named the 2010 Hobey Baker Memorial Award recipient, the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation announced on Friday at the NCAA Frozen Four in Detroit and live on ESPNU. Geoffrion is Wisconsin's first-ever Hobey Baker award winner.

Geoffrion edged out Bobby Butler, a senior forward from the University of New Hampshire, and Gustav Nyquist, a sophomore forward from the University of Maine, to earn this year's award. The trio made up the 2010 "Hobey Hat Trick" finalists.

Wisconsin has had 10 top-10 finalists, but Geoffrion is the first Badger to take home college hockey's top individual honor. Junior defenseman Brendan Smith joined Geoffrion in the top-10 finalists this season, marking the first time UW has had two Hobey finalists in the same season.

Geoffrion, a tri-captain, is one of college hockey's most complete players. He is the Badgers' top faceoff man (58.2 percent), the team's top penalty-killing forward, UW's leader and the nation's second-leading goal scorer (28), as well as the nation's top power-play goal scorer (15).

Closed Thread