HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
  #501
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
What a bummer of a way to lose a season opener. I take nothing away from BU's game, but Bucky got screwed courtesy of replay equipment not being used. A technicality put a blemish on a otherwise dominating night for the WCHA in non-con action.

Hopefully Jason clark will be in the lineup soon. Nice game by Derek Lee..I'm looking for him to have a big year.
What happened?

Dakota Sioux is offline  
Old
10-10-2010, 12:52 AM
  #502
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
What happened?
The Badgers had a goal called off late in the game and another one that looked like it may have gone in with no call. They weren't using overhead cams or replay equipment for some reason so the calls were left up to the wonderful NCAA refs. BU played well enough to win but I think dodgy calls tipped the scales.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
  #503
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Badgers in the Big Show: Derek Stepan started his NHL career with a hat trick...not too shabby, eh? Too bad he is is on the craptastic Rangers. Ryan McDonagh was sent down to the AHL.

Jack Skille and Jake Dowell have earned regular spots on the Blackhawks roster; neither had much impact in the opening loss to Detroit.

Jamie McBain assisted on The Canes first goal of the season. Man, that kid is going to be good.

Kyle Turris made the Yotes roster but was not on the scoresheet for the opener Not sure what the deal is there but I'll try to find out more.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
  #504
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Badgers in the Big Show: Derek Stepan started his NHL career with a hat trick...not too shabby, eh? Too bad he is is on the craptastic Rangers. Ryan McDonagh was sent down to the AHL.

Jack Skille and Jake Dowell have earned regular spots on the Blackhawks roster; neither had much impact in the opening loss to Detroit.

Jamie McBain assisted on The Canes first goal of the season. Man, that kid is going to be good.

Kyle Turris made the Yotes roster but was not on the scoresheet for the opener Not sure what the deal is there but I'll try to find out more.
That was their second game. They lost to Colorado in OT last thursday.

Dakota Sioux is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 03:22 AM
  #505
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
That was their second game. They lost to Colorado in OT last thursday.
Thanks for the heads up...that shows my interest level in the NHL, eh? I doubt I'd watch a game if their weren't former collegians to follow. Skille and Dowell were equally non-impact in the loss D-Sioux referred to, incidentally.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 05:28 AM
  #506
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Thanks for the heads up...that shows my interest level in the NHL, eh? I doubt I'd watch a game if their weren't former collegians to follow. Skille and Dowell were equally non-impact in the loss D-Sioux referred to, incidentally.
I'm not a huge NHL guy either but with the Hawks having Toews on the team I follow them.Same with Oshie and the Blues and Parise and Zajac for the Devils.

Dakota Sioux is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
  #507
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Definetly a tough way for the Badgers to start the season. I was pleased with how they played against BU for the most part, especially considering they lost Smith right at the start of the game and at least they crushed Holy Cross in the consolation game.
Also, the Badger ladies swept Bemidiji State 7-1 and 2-0 this weekend.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
  #508
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucky View Post
Definetly a tough way for the Badgers to start the season. I was pleased with how they played against BU for the most part, especially considering they lost Smith right at the start of the game and at least they crushed Holy Cross in the consolation game.
Also, the Badger ladies swept Bemidiji State 7-1 and 2-0 this weekend.
How about those Sioux women.Beat #1 UMD yesterday 4-2. 1500 fans at the Ralph. Took 5 games to get that many last year.

Dakota Sioux is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
  #509
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
I'm going to work 3 replies into one post here:

D-Sioux in post 506: I like watching all the WCHA players in the show; Backes, Cullen, Suter, Parise...the guys that come from The W are always energetic leaders on the ice. It speaks well of the conference to see so many impact players at thehighest, although far from most entertaining level, of the sport.

GoBucky in post 507: I feel better about the team watching them play. They were actually in the best form I've seen of any Badger team made up of mostly underclassmen. The depth at center is pretty good (good to see Derek Lee moved to a position of strength for his playmaking abilities) and the wings are okay. D and goaltending are solid as usual.

Combo of 507 & 508: Badger women should be in the thick of things this year. Sioux should be a rising star since the Lamoreux clones came to their senses and decomitted from Minny. Both teams deserve way better attendance than they get. I played against some Badger recruits when I lived in Milwaukee and they could hang with the the guys who played high school and for MSOE (local DIII team) with no problem.

New point; why wasn't Bennett the starter for the BU game? After getting dumped by them I would think he would be motivated to play the game of his life when he got a chance to face them. That one is a head scratcher to me.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-12-2010, 04:26 PM
  #510
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
How about those Sioux women.Beat #1 UMD yesterday 4-2. 1500 fans at the Ralph. Took 5 games to get that many last year.
Good for them, hopefully more teams are able to beat up on UMD before the Badgers finish them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
New point; why wasn't Bennett the starter for the BU game? After getting dumped by them I would think he would be motivated to play the game of his life when he got a chance to face them. That one is a head scratcher to me.
Perhaps being that its such a young team, Eaves wanted a little bit more experienced, mature goaltender and went with Goody.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
  #511
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...101310aaa.html
Quote:
Junior Carolyne Prevost (Sarnia, Ontario) was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Offensive Player of the Week for Oct. 13 after recording four goals in the Badgers’ series against Bemidji State last weekend.

Prevost’s four-goal effort included a hat trick, two game-winners, a shorthanded goal, a power play goal and a first goal, as the Badgers (4-0-0, 2-0-0 WCHA) swept Bemidji State (1-3-0, 0-2-0 WCHA) in their league-opening series. Prevost had a plus-four rating in the two games. Her team-high 11 shots on the weekend produced a .364 shot percentage.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
  #512
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Here's a link to the video replay of the two goals that would have won the game for UW against BU courtesy of the diligent crew at 60 Minutes, No Alibis, No Regrets:
http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Thank you NHL, for not allowing the NCAA to use your replay equipment, you stingy ****ers. As always, thank you refs for providing us with so much fodder for our HFBoards rants. I just hope there is not another season of missing the playoffs by
.002 pairwise points because there they went.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 04:14 PM
  #513
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Yup, Bucky definetly got screwed in that game. Hopefully it angers, inspires and fires up the team and they go on to have a great season.
After their performance last weekend, this team might be a lot better than anyone expected and a spark like this might be just what it takes to push them to perform at their best.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 10:03 PM
  #514
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucky View Post
Yup, Bucky definetly got screwed in that game. Hopefully it angers, inspires and fires up the team and they go on to have a great season.
After their performance last weekend, this team might be a lot better than anyone expected and a spark like this might be just what it takes to push them to perform at their best.
This team is pretty feisty like the teams from the 90's...I'm liking them. I think Ryan Little is going to fill the void left by A-Bohmb as my favorite Badger. The kid brings it every shift. Even if he doesn't score in bunches he will be fun to watch. Moving him to forward is looking like a stroke of genius by Eaves.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
  #515
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
My fav this year is going to be Murrary, I think. He's a little guy who gives you all he's got every night. You gotta love that!

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
  #516
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Badgers sweep Alabama-Huntsville with wins of 7-0 and 5-2. Also, Murrary got a hat trick today!

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
  #517
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,959
vCash: 500
Well so far, I've seen the Badgers once...the consolation game of the Icebreaker. And the Badger that has impressed me by far has been Justin Schultz. He was good last year, but he has really stepped up his game this year (so far).

Many in college hockey feel that Blake Kessel could win the defenseman scoring title this year, but with the way that Schultz has been putting it all together, I've gotta think that he's going to give Kessel a run for his money.

And another guy I'd add to mix is BU's David Warsofsky.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
  #518
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Well so far, I've seen the Badgers once...the consolation game of the Icebreaker. And the Badger that has impressed me by far has been Justin Schultz. He was good last year, but he has really stepped up his game this year (so far).

Many in college hockey feel that Blake Kessel could win the defenseman scoring title this year, but with the way that Schultz has been putting it all together, I've gotta think that he's going to give Kessel a run for his money.

And another guy I'd add to mix is BU's David Warsofsky.
Schultz is a beast, no doubt about that.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
  #519
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Well so far, I've seen the Badgers once...the consolation game of the Icebreaker. And the Badger that has impressed me by far has been Justin Schultz. He was good last year, but he has really stepped up his game this year (so far).

Many in college hockey feel that Blake Kessel could win the defenseman scoring title this year, but with the way that Schultz has been putting it all together, I've gotta think that he's going to give Kessel a run for his money.

And another guy I'd add to mix is BU's David Warsofsky.
Don't count out Seigo, from M-Tech for the D scoring title. The guy has been on a tear. As for Justin Schultz; 2 years ago I said he was the the guy who would make Bucky fans say "Patrick who"? when Wiercioch decomitted. there was no doubt who Eaves would turn to for backline offense whe Smitty left.

The offensive output has been pretty impessive from top to bottom considering it was supposed to be the weak link this year. I know the competition has not been top notch, but 21 (actually 23) goals in 4 games is pretty good no matter who you play. We'll see how the productivity holds up now that they are getting into more hostile territory with some tough league games coning up.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
  #520
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,599
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Well so far, I've seen the Badgers once...the consolation game of the Icebreaker. And the Badger that has impressed me by far has been Justin Schultz. He was good last year, but he has really stepped up his game this year (so far).

Many in college hockey feel that Blake Kessel could win the defenseman scoring title this year, but with the way that Schultz has been putting it all together, I've gotta think that he's going to give Kessel a run for his money.

And another guy I'd add to mix is BU's David Warsofsky.
How has Gardiner looked?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
  #521
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
The real test will be this weekend against Denver. If the Badgers can hold their own and at least come out of the weekend with a split, we will know they are for real.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-20-2010, 03:40 PM
  #522
Badger36
Registered User
 
Badger36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
http://www.uwbadgers.com/blog/2010/1...l-ranking.html
Quote:
The University of Wisconsin women's hockey team (4-0-0, 2-0-0 WCHA) earned the No. 1 national ranking this week in USCHO.com's poll, while the Badgers are currently No. 2 according to the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine national poll.

Badger36 is offline  
Old
10-20-2010, 09:36 PM
  #523
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
How's Zengerle? Man, I can't believe the kid got that good. He played local high school hockey (which isn't that high of a level) and I used to play pick up hockey with him all the time. We were on pretty even territory as far as hockey skills. Then he just took off. Late bloomer.

sabrefan27 is offline  
Old
10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
  #524
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
How's Zengerle? Man, I can't believe the kid got that good. He played local high school hockey (which isn't that high of a level) and I used to play pick up hockey with him all the time. We were on pretty even territory as far as hockey skills. Then he just took off. Late bloomer.
They touted Zengerle pretty highly at the Badger blog, 60 Minutes no alibis no regrets, refering to him as "1st star Zengerle" for his scoring prowess in the BCHL. He's pretty well lived up to their hype. INCH was the only other site that touted him as a top recruit. His passing vision is superb; he makes a nice compliment to scorers like Craig Smith and Jordy Murray. He's a rarity on the team being an eastern recruit. I think Eaves needs to give some more kids from that area a look if that's what we get.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
  #525
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
They touted Zengerle pretty highly at the Badger blog, 60 Minutes no alibis no regrets, refering to him as "1st star Zengerle" for his scoring prowess in the BCHL. He's pretty well lived up to their hype. INCH was the only other site that touted him as a top recruit. His passing vision is superb; he makes a nice compliment to scorers like Craig Smith and Jordy Murray. He's a rarity on the team being an eastern recruit. I think Eaves needs to give some more kids from that area a look if that's what we get.
He's pretty "old" I guess for a first year college hockey player. Does he have a shot at the pro level?

sabrefan27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.