HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 08:12 AM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Get ready for a Sioux scalping boys.
Jeez, it took you this long in the week to troll our board This isn't the Turris era Badgers the Giouxns pushed around a couple years ago...these boys have some cojones! I speak for all Badger fans in that we will be too lit to even feel a scalping ON WISCONSIN!

Old
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Jeez, it took you this long in the week to troll our board This isn't the Turris era Badgers the Giouxns pushed around a couple years ago...these boys have some cojones! I speak for all Badger fans in that we will be too lit to even feel a scalping ON WISCONSIN!
Yes it took me this long for the simple fact that my favorite team are doing what they have been doing under Hakstol,and that is coming out of the gate slow.Not as pumped about my team as you are with yours.

Old
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Get ready for a Sioux scalping boys.
The way Sue has been playing thus far, I wouldnt be so sure of that.

Old
11-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...110910aaf.html
Quote:
University of Wisconsin winger Mark Zengerle, who led all first-year players with six scoring points last weekend as the Badgers took three points from host Minnesota, has been named the Red Baron® WCHA Rookie of the Week for Nov. 9, 2010. He was the No. 1 star on Nov. 5 and the No. 2 star on Nov. 6.

A 5-11, 178-pound freshman from Rochester, N.Y., Zengerle posted his four and fifth multiple-point games of the season with a pair of three-point outings to help the visiting Badgers to a 6-0 victory and 3-3 (ot) tie over the Golden Gophers. Zengerle, who shares the WCHA lead with 16 points, scored a power-play goal and had two assists in the shutout win last Friday. Among the assists was a bank-shot pass off the back of the goal, which gave teammate Derek Lee an open net to shoot at for one of Wisconsin's goals.

Old
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Yes it took me this long for the simple fact that my favorite team are doing what they have been doing under Hakstol,and that is coming out of the gate slow.Not as pumped about my team as you are with yours.
Understandable, NoDak started about like UW did last year. We all knew they were a contender but the results weren't there on the ice. Conversely most badger fans have NoDak pencilied in for the FF, if not an outright title (I think this is Miami's year, personally). No one has less faith in their team than college hockey fans.

For me, the funnest times as a fan is when your team is an upstart playing above expectations with nothing to lose. Other fans jump on the bandwagon more than when your team is expected to be a contender. Don't get me wrong, it's always good to see a stacked team with high expectations but the dissapointment factor is greater when they don't perform. This Badger team has maybe the 6th best talent in the conference but plays every game like it's their last (like NoDak did under Blais and Gino) so it's going to be great year no matter what happens. I'm looking forward to a great series I think everyone is way more fired up for this one than The Goof series.

Old
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Badger36

Definetly. The rodents have been a joke recently. Ask anyone who was at Mariucci last weekend and they will tell you that the atmosphere of Gopher hockey just isnt what it used to be.
If Bucky can hang with Sue this weekend, that will be proof positive that they are for real.
Im looking forward to being at the game on Saturday night.

Old
11-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...111110aab.html
Quote:
The Badger trio of Meghan Duggan, Hilary Knight and Brianna Decker helped lead the U.S. Women’s Select Team to back-to-back wins over Canada and Finland in the team’s first two games of round-robin play at the 2010 Women's Four Nations Cup. Duggan leads Team USA with three goals so far.

Knight scored the game-winning goal in a shootout to propel the U.S. to a 3-2 win over Canada in the opening game of the tournament Tuesday night. Former Badger goaltender Jessie Vetter, who stopped all three shooters and made 32 saves in net for the victory, was named the U.S. Player of the Game.

Old
11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Dakota Sioux

Now that was one hell of a defensive performance by the Sioux last nite.
And the silence you hear is Kohl Center for one nite anyways. Hard to believe there were 13,000 fans in there.

Old
11-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Badger36

The defensive performance by the Badgers wasnt bad either. They shut Sue down for 2 1/2 periods, considering Sue is expected to be a Frozen Four team this year, meanwhile the Badgers are a bunch of freshman whom everyone expected would absolutely suck this year, I can be OK with that.
Bottom line, Sue made just enough plays to win and the Badgers didnt capitalize on the chances they had.
Not sure what you are talking about with that, "silence" comment. The Kohl was rockin' last night and will be again tonight. Clearly you werent at the game. I dont think anyone actually expects the Badgers to win in this series and the fact that Sue only got 1 goal (which was a shot that he makes 1 out of 10 times, thats a nearly impossible shot for a lefty), isnt bad.
Im looking foreward to being at the game tonight. Hopefully the football Badgers' crushing win over IU will inspire the hockey team.

Old
11-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchiefwantdacup View Post
The defensive performance by the Badgers wasnt bad either. They shut Sue down for 2 1/2 periods, considering Sue is expected to be a Frozen Four team this year, meanwhile the Badgers are a bunch of freshman whom everyone expected would absolutely suck this year, I can be OK with that.
Bottom line, Sue made just enough plays to win and the Badgers didnt capitalize on the chances they had.
Not sure what you are talking about with that, "silence" comment. The Kohl was rockin' last night and will be again tonight. Clearly you werent at the game. I dont think anyone actually expects the Badgers to win in this series and the fact that Sue only got 1 goal (which was a shot that he makes 1 out of 10 times, thats a nearly impossible shot for a lefty), isnt bad.
Im looking foreward to being at the game tonight. Hopefully the football Badgers' crushing win over IU will inspire the hockey team.
I had a friend at the game and he said it was quiet.I'm goin with what he told me.I don't really care how young the Badgers are.It's a tough place to get points and the Sioux deserved 2 last night. Outplayed the Badgers pretty good when it was 5 on 5. Those 2 game DQ's were a joke.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:31 PM
RabidBadger

It wasn't all that quiet: there were the "fans" booing the powerplay. So sorry to them that their expectations were so high of a majority underclassmen team against a team on EVERYONE'S FF list. Looks like the Giouxns will sweep the weekend. Can't wait for the revenge match in the WCAH playoffs.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 11-13-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old
11-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
The way Sue has been playing thus far, I wouldnt be so sure of that.

Old
11-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Badger36

Quote:
It wasn't all that quiet: there were the "fans" booing the powerplay. So sorry to them that their expectations were so high of a majority underclassmen team against a team on EVERYONE'S FF list. Looks like the Giouxns will sweep the weekend. Can't wait for the revenge match in the WCAH playoffs.
I was at the game tonight and let me tell ya, it wasnt quiet. I especially liked the, "this is NASCAR" chant by the Crease Creatures. You can draw your own conlusions about what they are saying about NoDak on that one.
IMO, playing Gudmanson tonight wasnt a good idea. You could tell towards the end of the game that he was just exhausted. I know he played great on Friday and played pretty well tonight (he stopped about 40 shots) but it was just too much for him. If Gudmanson hadnt been in top form though, Sue could have easily won by 10 goals in both games.
Kudos to NoDak. They played a heck of a game and deserved to win.

Last edited by Badger36: 11-13-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old
11-13-2010, 10:30 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
I was at the game tonight and let me tell ya, it wasnt quiet. I especially liked the, "this is NASCAR" chant by the Crease Creatures. You can draw your own conlusions about what they are saying about NoDak on that one.
IMO, playing Gudmanson tonight wasnt a good idea. You could tell towards the end of the game that he was just exhausted. I know he played great on Friday and played pretty well tonight (he stopped about 40 shots) but it was just too much for him. If Gudmanson hadnt been in top form though, Sue could have easily won by 10 goals in both games.
Kudos to NoDak. They played a heck of a game and deserved to win.
Yes, good lesson for a young team. I'm not sweating this one bit, because, to me, this series should have been way more one-sided than it was. We've already discussed the talent level and expectations ad-nauseum; so for the scores to be close as they were is a good showing for Bucky, in my book. Not what I wanted, but a good effort, nonetheless. There will be payback.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Badger36

Quote:
Yes, good lesson for a young team. I'm not sweating this one bit, because, to me, this series should have been way more one-sided than it was. We've already discussed the talent level and expectations ad-nauseum; so for the scores to be close as they were is a good showing for Bucky, in my book. Not what I wanted, but a good effort, nonetheless. There will be payback.
Definetly. I had greatly lowered my expectations this season and thus far they have greatly exceeded that (and exceeded everyone else's expectations it seems).
Id agree that it was a great learning experience for the team and will help them to build and move forward.
As for the revenge, it honestly wouldnt surprise me. We all know Sue's reputation for choking in the playoffs.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Dakota Sioux

[QUOTE=Bigchiefwantdacup;28935626]Definetly. I had greatly lowered my expectations this season and thus far they have greatly exceeded that (and exceeded everyone else's expectations it seems).
Id agree that it was a great learning experience for the team and will help them to build and move forward.
As for the revenge, it honestly wouldnt surprise me. We all know Sue's reputation for choking in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]How did that chqampionship game go last April?

Old
11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Badger36

Quote:
How did that chqampionship game go last April?
You mean the game that Sue was sitting at home watching on TV?

Old
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
sfo

Quote:
they probably turned it off after a period seeing how one sided it was.

Popped in a DVD instead. Started studying for finals. Something more exciting.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
For your info the only team who didn't choke last year was BC. I do believe the Sioux are on a pretty good streak of making the tourney. At least they give themselves a chance.Ya can't win if ya don't enter.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:56 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
they probably turned it off after a period seeing how one sided it was.

Popped in a DVD instead. Started studying for finals. Something more exciting.
Kind of like Susies 3 consecutive FF shellackings by BC? Facing NoDak was like a bye game for BC to get to the championship game. Let those whose team has beaten BC in the playoffs the past decade cast the first stone. If you guys didn't roll over for teams with Boston in their name, let alone any team from the east coast, the 06 Badgers would have won their championship at your expense.

Big talk from someone whose team lost in the first round to a bunch of Ivy league guys named Sidney last year. The mower throwers aren't going to win squat with Hakstol as coach. Plus, the implication NoDak players may have been studying shows what a dreamworld you live in.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 11-14-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old
11-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Kind of like Susies 3 consecutive FF shellackings by BC? Facing NoDak was like a bye game for BC to get to the championship game. Let those whose team has beaten BC in the playoffs the past decade cast the first stone. If you guys didn't roll over for teams with Boston in their name, let alone any team from the east coast, the 06 Badgers would have won their championship at your expense.

Big talk from someone whose team lost in the first round to a bunch of Ivy league guys named Sidney last year. The mower throwers aren't going to win squat with Hakstol as coach. Plus, the implication NoDak players may have been studying shows what a dreamworld you live in.
Wow somebody takes this game a bit to serious.I think he was just havin some fun with ya but whatever.

Old
11-15-2010, 05:50 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Wow somebody takes this game a bit to serious.I think he was just havin some fun with ya but whatever.
So my acerbic brand of tongue-in-cheek doesn't always translate well in print. I'll add more fluff material next time so no troll gets their feelings hurt at collateral damage time. No one ever gets too serious on the Sioux boards, after all

Old
11-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
So my acerbic brand of tongue-in-cheek doesn't always translate well in print. I'll add more fluff material next time so no troll gets their feelings hurt at collateral damage time. No one ever gets too serious on the Sioux boards, after all
Me serious? Never.

Old
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Badger36

Quote:
I do believe the Sioux are on a pretty good streak of making the tourney. At least they give themselves a chance.Ya can't win if ya don't enter.
Seems like most years Sue cant win even when she does enter.

Old
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Seems like most years Sue cant win even when she does enter.
I guess those 7 that they have are a figment of my imagination.

So does your assistant captain Smith have some mental issues? What the hell was he thinking when he tried to toss the net on Blood saturday nite? I would like to thank him for the powerplay goal though.

Closed Thread