HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...113011aaa.html
Quote:
Freshman forward Katy Josephs has been named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association’s Rookie of the Week, the conference announced on Wednesday.

The Calgary, Alberta native contributed a goal and an assist to help the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team to a two-game conference sweep over St. Cloud State last weekend.

Joseph had an assist in the Badgers’ 5-0 shutout victory over the visiting Huskies at the Kohl Center on Friday and then scored UW’s third goal in a 6-1 triumph on Sunday. Along with her two points in the series, Josephs put five shots on goal and earned a +2 plus/minus rating as Wisconsin moved back into first place in the league race.

Seeing action in all 16 of Wisconsin’s games this season, Josephs is tied for third in overall scoring among WCHA freshmen with 10 points (3G, 7A).

Old
12-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Elverpond

Thoughts on the upcoming UMD series?
I think they're a much tougher team than Minny
I'd really like to split the series though
NCAA tournament is not completely out of the question yet, it really all depends if we can figure it out after christmas break.

Old
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Worst referees ever in the game tonight.

Old
02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I think you can say that on any given night in the WCHA. Worse reffing in any league.Huskies dominating tonight thus far.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
I assume you are talking about the Ramage hit. It was the right call. He hit him in the face and the call was contact to the head.

Old
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Elverpond

no, ramage hit was shoulder into the chest.

really kinda wondering how wisonsin is gonna do in the big ten conference next year

Old
02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I assume you are talking about the Ramage hit. It was the right call. He hit him in the face and the call was contact to the head.
That was not a hit to the head and I'm also talking about the Husky player dragging down a Badger which should have been a penalty and wasn't called. Three seconds later the Huskies scored.

Old
02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
no, ramage hit was shoulder into the chest.
really kinda wondering how wisonsin is gonna do in the big ten conference next year
I agree.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
That was not a hit to the head and I'm also talking about the Husky player dragging down a Badger which should have been a penalty and wasn't called. Three seconds later the Huskies scored.
Yeah that one should have been called. Wouldn't have made a difference in the game though. And we'll have to disagree on Ramage, all the views I saw show his shoulder hitting Oliver in the facemask.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
RabidBadger

That was a much needed sweep of the other rodents over the weekend. Bucky is getting some good momentum down the stretch, just in time for the W tourney. They'll pretty much need to win it to make the NCAAs...highly unlikey, but look what AA did in the tournament last year.

Good to see Peterson stepping up in net. I think Rumpel will be the go-to guy in the future but Peterson should be able to push him to step up and be THE MAN. A wealth in goal is never a bad thing.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
That was a much needed sweep of the other rodents over the weekend. Bucky is getting some good momentum down the stretch, just in time for the W tourney. They'll pretty much need to win it to make the NCAAs...highly unlikey, but look what AA did in the tournament last year.

Good to see Peterson stepping up in net. I think Rumpel will be the go-to guy in the future but Peterson should be able to push him to step up and be THE MAN. A wealth in goal is never a bad thing.
Here is to a sweep this coming weekend.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Help a Ducks fan out here. How does this playoff series work? Meaning, when is your season over. Ducks could really use Schultz on their playoff hunt. Fowler and Visnovsky look dead on the powerplay. I understand that if the Badgers lose the season is over but how much longer are things (if at all) are they extended should they win?

Old
02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Help a Ducks fan out here. How does this playoff series work? Meaning, when is your season over. Ducks could really use Schultz on their playoff hunt. Fowler and Visnovsky look dead on the powerplay. I understand that if the Badgers lose the season is over but how much longer are things (if at all) are they extended should they win?
Gardner (why'd the Ducks trade him) went to the Marlies last year pretty much soon as the season ended. If Schultz wants to jet he can do so at any time, Dylan Olson left Duluth mid-season last year, after all. It'll depend on if he wants to come back next year (I can dream, eh?) or hit the bigs. Good as he's he's been this year I doubt he's NHL ready so I wouldn't count on a blue line boost from him at the end of the season.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
That'd be awesome, and a great momentum builder!

Old
02-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
That'd be awesome, and a great momentum builder!
I suppose I should watch what I wish for because we could see your boys in the first round.

Old
02-29-2012, 12:26 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Gardner (why'd the Ducks trade him) went to the Marlies last year pretty much soon as the season ended. If Schultz wants to jet he can do so at any time, Dylan Olson left Duluth mid-season last year, after all. It'll depend on if he wants to come back next year (I can dream, eh?) or hit the bigs. Good as he's he's been this year I doubt he's NHL ready so I wouldn't count on a blue line boost from him at the end of the season.
That doesn't explain anything. Also many scouts believe he's NHL ready now. Including Craig Button.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
That doesn't explain anything. Also many scouts believe he's NHL ready now. Including Craig Button.
I wasn't being cryptic so I guess you can do some independent study to get the info you want. Skillwise Schultz is probably there, he could stand to add a couple more pounds. Hard to go wrong with Badger D-men on your roster.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Hey Rabid,

The boys will have their work cut out for them at Denver in the WCHA Final Five opener. Think they can win the series or at least take the Pioneers to a third game on Sunday?

Old
03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Hey Rabid,

The boys will have their work cut out for them at Denver in the WCHA Final Five opener. Think they can win the series or at least take the Pioneers to a third game on Sunday?
Of all the top teams to face I like their chances against Denver the least. DU has hit their stride with Brittian back in net. Bucky is getting some momentum and looked good against the Pios last series, I think they can stretch it three games before DU crushes them the 3rd game. Then again, the Badgers have had some post season glory against Gordy's boys the past few years. I'm hoping a mostly forgetful season ends with a bang!

Old
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Of all the top teams to face I like their chances against Denver the least. DU has hit their stride with Brittian back in net. Bucky is getting some momentum and looked good against the Pios last series, I think they can stretch it three games before DU crushes them the 3rd game. Then again, the Badgers have had some post season glory against Gordy's boys the past few years. I'm hoping a mostly forgetful season ends with a bang!
Well, you got your wish for that third and deciding game later today. Hopefully it'll be a good game. I tried to follow last night's game a bit. Got caught up in that great UMD-MSUM game. The Purple Mavs played probably their best game of the season, but UMD was just too much for them.

But getting back to your game today...

Does Eaves go with Rumpel tonight and does Gwozdecky come back with Brittain?

IMO, one thing that has to happen if the Badgers want to pull the upset is they've got to have more of their go-to-guys, specifically Zengerle, Mersch and Barnes to really step up their offense. They've all been pretty quiet in this series.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
RabidBadger

*sigh* another OT let down. I could handle this better if it weren't the norm the past five years. I know Badger fans are spoiled but the OT futility is ridiculous.

Still, it was a nice strong finish to the season seeing the team being able to go toe-to-toe with the big boys in the conference. Can't underestimate the sweep in Bemidji; the Badgers are the only team to do that this year. Everyone should be back next year except Schultz. I'm liking the composition of the team with a good mix of prospects and four year players.

Best of luck to all the WCHA teams left in the mix!

Old
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Well the Badgers did lose a player recently. And no it wasn't Justin Schultz.

But rather Patrick Daly, who decided to leave the program. Here's Andy Baggot's story on it:

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...9bb2963f4.html

...and for those of you keeping score at home, this is the second (non-pro) departure of the spring. About a week ago, Rob Dongara left Northeastern and has opted to transfer. No word yet on where he'll end up.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Medium Rare*

How did Ramage look this season?

I see he has played 3 years for the Badgers, but do you think he will return for another? or is he likely to turn pro and sign with the Flames?

Old
03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Wanted to give a big congrats to Brianna Decker, who won the 2012 Patty Kazmaier Award (Women's Hockey version of the Hobey Baker Award). Brianna has had a good year for the Lady Badgers.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
How did Ramage look this season?

I see he has played 3 years for the Badgers, but do you think he will return for another? or is he likely to turn pro and sign with the Flames?
not sure, but imo he should stay for his final year. he hasnt been dominating with all those studs above him on the depth chart the past 3 years. he could use his senior year to be the man or close to it before going pro. I like college dmen that stick all 4 years, they come out much more ready to be a pro player.

Closed Thread