HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2009, 10:19 AM
  #176
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
How is Stepan doing?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline  
Old
01-24-2009, 10:26 AM
  #177
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Stepan is developing well. He doesn't stand out the way Kyle Turris did but he always makes an impact on the ice. He's leading all forwards in points as a freshman. He's going to be a star in the WCHA. Other than needing to fill out a little and working on being better in his own zone he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
  #178
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Mark Johnson will be the bench boss for the '10 Olympic women's team. Congrats to Mark. Bringing back a gold medal from the lair of the beast would be great addition to the Johnson family legend.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 11:22 PM
  #179
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Mark Johnson will be the bench boss for the '10 Olympic women's team. Congrats to Mark. Bringing back a gold medal from the lair of the beast would be great addition to the Johnson family legend.
hope it give is son Patrick some energy for the remainder of the season because so far we (habs fan) have been little dissapointing in his play and production

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
  #180
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
hope it give is son Patrick some energy for the remainder of the season because so far we (habs fan) have been little dissapointing in his play and production
I'd be shocked to ever see him in a Habs uniform. If you're expecting a miracle 6th round draft choice you may be disappointed. Patrick is not his dad as a player. Mark was a scoring machine in college, he scored at a pretty good rate in the NHL as well. His production is off this year and would be higher if Eaves didn't emhasize balanced scoring. His play makes him a fan favorite. He does all the little things, wins battles against guys much bigger than him and hits everything in sight. The numbers don't tell the story about his overall play this year.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
01-30-2009, 10:18 PM
  #181
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
UW 3 UMD 1 in the matchup of #3 and #2 power play units in the land respectively. This is a quality win in a matchup between two teams almost even in the standings that need at least 3 points a weekend for playoff considerations.

Mike Valley is out as goalie coach due to the NCAA taking exception to him running a goalie camp as a profession. 2 Goalie coaches bite the dust this season.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
  #182
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Your favorite team better bring two sets of equipment this weekend Rabid, the goonsquad will be out in full force! Could be a good series if the Gophers show up. If they don't show up I foresee a 6 on the board for the visitors, seems to be a common theme lately.

mnhowitzer is offline  
Old
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
  #183
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
Your favorite team better bring two sets of equipment this weekend Rabid, the goonsquad will be out in full force! Could be a good series if the Gophers show up. If they don't show up I foresee a 6 on the board for the visitors, seems to be a common theme lately.
Which goon squad? I bet Grotting and Mitchell are putting the foil on a week in advance for this one. And why two sets of eqipment: so they will have a clean change from the ones covered in Gopher gore? I'm thinking split; like every WCHA team, except NoDak lately, neither team is playing consistent hockey. Both teams need at least 3 points badly so it could be a very chippy series between 2 desperate teams. The John should be rockin'.

Good to see you came out of the witness protection program...you weren't on these boards for quite a while.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
  #184
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
I'm on too many Message Boards...I forgot about this one for awhile. I just hope the Gophers bring their best game, lately it has not been so pretty.

mnhowitzer is offline  
Old
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
  #185
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Well, well, well; noithing like another edition of the Border Battle to get my dander up as the horads of Bucky invade the Mooch this weekend. UW brings the top penalty kill in the nation and the #1 rated power play in the WCHA against Dirty Don's goon platoon. The Goofs are no slouch on special teams having the #3 pk in the nation. The #1 women's team is also in town Saturday and Sunday so there will be alternating beatings being doled out by the good guys in Cardinal and White.

Neither team is playing as well as they could be with Bucky giving away a point to Duluth last Saturday and Goldie getting swept by the Cows. My predictions for the series: 1) it will be chippy and hard fought with the playoffs not being a sure thing for either team 2) Patrick White will NOT pull Ben Grotting's helmet off this time around 3) Bucky returns the favor and takes 3 points from the series.

Dishonest barkeeps better not try to be sneaky and serve our fans that "near beer" garbage, either. That will invite trouble from our fanbase of world class drinkers.


Last edited by RabidBadger: 02-06-2009 at 11:39 AM.
RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
  #186
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Good luck to your squad Rabid. Let's just hope for a much cleaner series than we were subject to last weekend all the way around.

I say watch out for Hoeffel!

mnhowitzer is offline  
Old
02-06-2009, 10:15 PM
  #187
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Shane Connolly was THE MAN tonight. I expect a less polite game tomorrow (only 5 penalties?). Wisconsin needs to restore the Saturday night mojo and play another strong game tomorrow.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-07-2009, 05:40 AM
  #188
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Hopefully not on the penalties Rabid....that was as well reffed and cleanly played both ways as I've seen all year and it was a joy to watch after last weekend's Mavs-Gophs crap.

mnhowitzer is offline  
Old
02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
  #189
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
UW-Minny 3-1 on FSN. I know I haven't been able to watch much this season, but where are the UW games? Almost all home and most away games either were played live on FSN or replayed later on game night on Milwaukee public Television. Where are the games?

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
  #190
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred View Post
UW-Minny 3-1 on FSN. I know I haven't been able to watch much this season, but where are the UW games? Almost all home and most away games either were played live on FSN or replayed later on game night on Milwaukee public Television. Where are the games?
Ironically, I have watched more Badger hockey since I moved to North Carolina than when I lived in Milwaukee. The T.V. scheduling is messed up in Wisconsin; I understand Madison residents are lucky to get a game and western Wisconsin residents get frickin' Goophs games on FSN. Sometimes Big 10 Network will televise games or UWBadgers.com will webcast them.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
  #191
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Nothing like a sweep at The Mooch to lift a Badger fan's spirits (and many other WCHA FANS). Can't wait for the 1st place battle with DU in 2 weeks.

McBain for Hobey!

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
  #192
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Nothing like a sweep at The Mooch to lift a Badger fan's spirits (and many other WCHA FANS). Can't wait for the 1st place battle with DU in 2 weeks.

McBain for Hobey!
Yeah McBain definitely is Hobey worthy, at least as a finalist anyway. He leads the nation in defenseman scoring, and I don't think that anyone can catch him. The only I can think of that might be able to is Brian Flynn over at Air Force (yes, he's Ryan brother). I suppose either Kurt Davis over at Mankato or Garrett Raboin over at SCSU might be able to also, but McBain is just tearing it up from the Badgers blueline right now.

I missed Friday's tilt, but I did see last night's game. Did anyone else think that Kangas looked a bit off of his game too?

BTW RB, you do realize that calling the Gophers "Dirty Don's goon platoon" means that you have been officially booted out of the Gopher Nation's house of instant euphoria and rehabilitation center, right?

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
  #193
Dakota Sioux
Where the pucks are
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Nothing like a sweep at The Mooch to lift a Badger fan's spirits (and many other WCHA FANS). Can't wait for the 1st place battle with DU in 2 weeks.

McBain for Hobey!
Lookin like the last series of the year when the SIOUX come to the Kohl Center could have some big implications.

Dakota Sioux is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
  #194
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Ironically, I have watched more Badger hockey since I moved to North Carolina than when I lived in Milwaukee. The T.V. scheduling is messed up in Wisconsin; I understand Madison residents are lucky to get a game and western Wisconsin residents get frickin' Goophs games on FSN. Sometimes Big 10 Network will televise games or UWBadgers.com will webcast them.
How long since you've been in NC?

I'm north of Milwaukee along the lake shore well away from the Madison market. Last season if the Badgers weren't playing live on FSN they were rebroadcast on Public Television after the game. This has been the case for most all home games and about half of the WCHA road games for a number of seasons. This season, the only games I've seen on FSN were against the Gophers and haven't seen anything on Public Television. Just wondering if the NCAA or some other sports network has taken the broadcast rights.

The FSN on my cable provider bounces between FSN Minnesota and FSN Wisconsin.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
  #195
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Yeah McBain definitely is Hobey worthy, at least as a finalist anyway. He leads the nation in defenseman scoring, and I don't think that anyone can catch him. The only I can think of that might be able to is Brian Flynn over at Air Force (yes, he's Ryan brother). I suppose either Kurt Davis over at Mankato or Garrett Raboin over at SCSU might be able to also, but McBain is just tearing it up from the Badgers blueline right now.

I missed Friday's tilt, but I did see last night's game. Did anyone else think that Kangas looked a bit off of his game too?

BTW RB, you do realize that calling the Gophers "Dirty Don's goon platoon" means that you have been officially booted out of the Gopher Nation's house of instant euphoria and rehabilitation center, right?[/QUOTE]
Wellll, Howitzer, MN_Gopher and Benitovo know we're friends every weekend but the Border Battle And, I'm not sayng this as a dig but I don't think there's much euphoria in the house of Goldy these days. They have to be disappointed with ow a promising season has tanked on them.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
  #196
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Lookin like the last series of the year when the SIOUX come to the Kohl Center could have some big implications.
No doubt. there are some BIG series coming up: DU and CC can determine if it will be a 3 or 4 team race for the MacNaughton. UW has DU in two weeks for 1st or 2nd. Looking at the schedule it's likely to be the fight for 1st or 2nd for the big finale. That should be worth a trip to Mad-town for you, eh?

It's pretty sweet because neither of us thought this series would have 1st place implications a couple months ago.


Last edited by RabidBadger: 02-08-2009 at 10:15 PM.
RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
  #197
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=AdmiralPred;17805889]How long since you've been in NC?

Quote:
I'm north of Milwaukee along the lake shore well away from the Madison market. Last season if the Badgers weren't playing live on FSN they were rebroadcast on Public Television after the game. This has been the case for most all home games and about half of the WCHA road games for a number of seasons. This season, the only games I've seen on FSN were against the Gophers and haven't seen anything on Public Television. Just wondering if the NCAA or some other sports network has taken the broadcast rights.

The FSN on my cable provider bounces between FSN Minnesota and FSN Wisconsin.[/QUOTE
]

I've been in NC 5 years. I'll be moving back in record time when I finish school.

It doesn't matter if you're in Eau Claire or Superior; I still can't see why Wisc. Cable networks carry Minny broadcasts. They must know we are the biggest homers to walk the earth!

Check in on the Badger Blog: 60 minutes, no alibis, no regrets. They are good about announcing when games will be webcast.

RabidBadger is offline  
Old
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
  #198
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=RabidBadger;17809003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred View Post
How long since you've been in NC?

]

I've been in NC 5 years. I'll be moving back in record time when I finish school.

It doesn't matter if you're in Eau Claire or Superior; I still can't see why Wisc. Cable networks carry Minny broadcasts. They must know we are the biggest homers to walk the earth!

Check in on the Badger Blog: 60 minutes, no alibis, no regrets. They are good about announcing when games will be webcast.
Thanks. I'll check that out. FSN, at least on my cable provider, will show WI sports first and the switch over to Minny if nothing WI is airing. Get a few Wild games, which aren't bad to flick back and forth to (much better than the Bucks), and a number of D-III games. Haven't seen nearly as many UW hockey games as seasons past, nor advertising for them.

AdmiralPred is offline  
Old
02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
  #199
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500
Nice weekend for the Badgers, another big test coming up against DU. I thought McDonagh played well in both games, good to see. Wonder if he will be back next year.

montreal is online now  
Old
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
  #200
RabidBadger
Registered User
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Nice weekend for the Badgers, another big test coming up against DU. I thought McDonagh played well in both games, good to see. Wonder if he will be back next year.
The Badger faithful are resigned to the fact he probably won't be back unless he really likes it there. What are Habs fans thinking about an early departure?

McBain (FOR HOBEY!) and possibly Brendan Smith will leave as well. Could be some big holes to fill next year.

RabidBadger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.