HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanahan, Prucha and Callahan

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2007, 06:50 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Shanahan, Prucha and Callahan

Have a total of 3 points among them in 15 games. That equals Malik's output.

We must trade all of them.

This is in response to the the folks that blame everything on Malik and don't approve comments about any other players in the hundreds of Malik bashing threads.

I'm sure that Shanahan, Prucha and Callahan fans will excuse this total lack of offense with some sort of reasoning. I personally have nothing against any of the three players but if it's results that some of you jackals want than it's time to throw them under the bus too. Yet, I have a feeling sentiments will run differently in these cases.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:14 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

This is in response to the the folks that blame everything on Malik and don't approve comments about any other players in the hundreds of Malik bashing threads.

I'm sure that Shanahan, Prucha and Callahan fans will excuse this total lack of offense with some sort of reasoning. I personally have nothing against any of the three players but if it's results that some of you jackals want than it's time to throw them under the bus too. Yet, I have a feeling sentiments will run differently in these cases.
15 games? You must be using a different calendar than the rest of us.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:15 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:

trade all of them? what are you smoking?

Prucha and Callahan are amongstthe only ones that have forechecked properly. Shanny is one of the only ones to actually bother to shoot (32 already) and they're the problem??? dear me, what hockey do you watch?

Malik has been terrible. Genuinely terrible. He was poor against a good Ottawa too. Every dog has its day and thatwas the case with malik against Florida. Though even then he made a mistake in his own zone which almost cost....

this is a shocking thread to post...

Old
10-15-2007, 07:18 AM
eco's bones

I'm not for trading Malik--at least not yet--however comparing the production--or lack of--of Callahan, Prucha and Shanahan--at this point--seems at least to me a little bit off kilter. Point in fact--Shanahan is not the player he once was--but he has also been a bit snakebit. Take a look--he has 32 shots on goal in 5 games--and with a bit of luck he could have just as easily 4 or 5 goals at this point. As for Callahan he's a rookie--and as for Callahan and Prucha they have played for the most part with a center--Betts--who almost always looks to shoot and almost never passes to his linemates in the offensive end of the ice.

As far as our lines are right now--the center spot is what is disrupting the attack on our top three lines--not the wingers.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:21 AM
in the hall

wow thats not a stat just to mislead everyone.

so what you're basically telling us is that they each have 1 point in 5 games. oh no its the end of the world.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:21 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'm not for trading Malik--at least not yet--however comparing the production--or lack of--of Callahan, Prucha and Shanahan--at this point--seems at least to me a little bit off kilter. Point in fact--Shanahan is not the player he once was--but he has also been a bit snakebit. Take a look--he has 32 shots on goal in 5 games--and with a bit of luck he could have just as easily 4 or 5 goals at this point. As for Callahan he's a rookie--and as for Callahan and Prucha they have played for the most part with a center--Betts--who almost always looks to shoot and almost never passes to his linemates in the offensive end of the ice.
not only that but Callahan and Prucha have shown some great hustle, they've beenamongst the best forecheckers and Callahan especially has looked to set a tone. He has tried to lay hits and its defeinitely not just about productionat this point.

If Callahan continues to work as hard as he has so far points will come. Effort is always rewarded in the long run; every team needs their foot soldiers and Cally is an excellent example of such a soldier.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
DontStaal

prucha and callahan are no where close to ineffective as malik

shanny has to pick his game up, but i actually thought he played well on saturday... and its 5 games not 15

Old
10-15-2007, 07:27 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
prucha and callahan are no where close to ineffective as malik

shanny has to pick his game up, but i actually thought he played well on saturday... and its 5 games not 15
i think he meant accumalative when he said 15 (3 x5 etc)

Shanny has to pick it up yes, but its certainly not for the lack of trying.

He was 3 shots of the franchise record (set 40yrs ago!!!) for shots in a single game against OTT. Had Gerber not been so good in the 3rd we might be here praising Shanny for a hattrick and saying how great he still is...

Judge these guys after 10-15 even 20 games not 5.

Shanny will score plenty.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:27 AM
DutchShamrock

Ha! Combined, do they have as many turnovers as Malik? Trade them then.

Old
10-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Jay88*

Quote:

I guess the best way to put this is................You are retarded.

Old
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

bu bu but u can't question any homegrown prospects...bu bu but u can't question shanny...lets talk up tyutin girardi like we are experts even though they have had two brutal games this season..#1 pair cause they r home grown...

Old
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post

Old
10-15-2007, 08:17 AM
beastly115

Quote:

Old
10-15-2007, 08:52 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
I think, hopefully, that this thread was started as a comment about how quick people jump on Malik. Yes, Marek has been hard to watch at times this season and once again it seems like if he makes a mistake, it results in a goal whereas if someone else makes one, then Henrik or someone else bails them out. No one is saying that we should get rid of the players who haven't produced offensively, just jumping all over Malik because it's the trendy thing to do. If, in actuality, it turns out that the thread is actually calling for Prucha, Cally and Shanny to be traded, well..... then maybe the person is retarded. Who am i to judge?

Old
10-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Kostik

I'm with Chosen and SOS in this one - good points
Obviously many posters here are not using the same "whip measurement" - and it's way to easy to have a scape goat in Malik. I think it's easy enough that it's really lame.
Malik is not prolem of this team - not enough offense is.
And that includes three mentioned above as well.

Old
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
I'm with Chosen and SOS in this one - good points
Obviously many posters here are not using the same "whip measurement" - and it's way to easy to have a scape goat in Malik. I think it's easy enough that it's really lame.
Malik is not prolem of this team - not enough offense is.
And that includes three mentioned above as well.
so if every one who underperformed to this point (again - only 5 games) were traded, as the starter suggested - you'd end up trading 21 or so players?!?!?! a slight overreaction maybe?

Malik has a track record of poor performance....

im inclined to give a guy like Shanny, whose been great for nearly 2 decades, more of a break than Malik as he's proved time and time again he can recover from a drought or two.

Even prucha, he's played bad before now, but in the past has maybe even tried less than he has this year but always has produced to a good level (30 and 22 etc, etc) so these guys deserve a little more credit.

Malik, for 3 years, has repeatedly made mistakes.

So he doesnt get the same credit as this group of forwards.

Old
10-15-2007, 09:01 AM
94now

Could some1 explain to me why is that when player plays poorly, people want to rid of him? Is that fantasy board mentality or what? Has Kaz Matsui booing thought Mets fans anything? I don't think people in NY are retarded, but, you know, it's getting harder and harder to argue against it...

Old
10-15-2007, 09:03 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

This thread should be closed.

There is a huge difference between a player who day in and day out costs us goals...and 3 players who haven't hit their stride, yet.

They may be cold...but Malik is a LIABILITY.

Old
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Could some1 explain to me why is that when player plays poorly, people want to rid of him?
Hmm... I wonder why...

Old
10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
This thread should be closed.

There is a huge difference between a player who day in and day out costs us goals...and 3 players who haven't hit their stride, yet.

They may be cold...but Malik is a LIABILITY.
thank you. this is what i was trying to say just more to the point!

Old
10-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Fletch

Jay...

you need to really read this guy's post and know this guy a little better before calling him retarded. He knows a lot about hockey and the Rangers, that's for sure. The point of the post is to not say trade those guys. The point is the Rangers have scored 10 goals in 5 games, and average of two goals per game. Their GAA is very respectable. One can deduce that the goals for have been a problem. With so many blaming Malik for this team's woes and calling for him to be traded, what about the guys who can make a difference on the scoreboard? You have three guys with a cumulative three points, and in jest he points out that Malik has accumulated the same amount. So if you want Malik traded for what he's done (or hasn't done) in the past five game, why not talk about these guys? Where is the 'Shanny's Old' thread? I saw the third line thread, but that didn't seem to go too far. Where's the criticism towards Cally, Prucha, Straka, etc.? Why is the focus on the usual suspects.

Old
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
so if every one who underperformed to this point (again - only 5 games) were traded, as the starter suggested - you'd end up trading 21 or so players?!?!?! a slight overreaction maybe?

Malik has a track record of poor performance....

im inclined to give a guy like Shanny, whose been great for nearly 2 decades, more of a break than Malik as he's proved time and time again he can recover from a drought or two.

Even prucha, he's played bad before now, but in the past has maybe even tried less than he has this year but always has produced to a good level (30 and 22 etc, etc) so these guys deserve a little more credit.

Malik, for 3 years, has repeatedly made mistakes.

So he doesnt get the same credit as this group of forwards.
You hit the nail there - it's mostly about favourite players and not the facts.
I'm not saying that any of them should be traded.
Malik was arguably best defensman during 05-06.
He was ok last year, and will be again this year.
And i don't care about if someone tries hard or not - results are what matters most.

Old
10-15-2007, 09:16 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:

are you on crack!, These guys don't have Maliks history, and 4 games in the season, malik has coughed up too much. What a weak argument.

Old
10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Malik consistently makes dumb mistakes that lead to goals.

Callahan and Prucha haven't hit their strides yet but will in the very near future, IMO.

None of them need to be moved, though I understand chosen's point in ridiculing everyone what calls for a players' head after just a few games of poor production.

The team will turn it around. Anyone who though we'd have instant chemistry out of the gate with two new top line centers was naive through and through.

It's just pain.
Old
10-15-2007, 09:25 AM
in the hall

Quote:
lmfao!

you've been a great addition to the board, btw. (i actually notice your posts and you don't come off as if you are handicap upstairs)

Closed Thread