Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 8: Ducks vs. Red Wings *Oct 15, 2007* 7pm

Old
10-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
I just wanted to add that Joey D. already has two assists on the season. YAH! Joey D. point tracker!

And where was 'Drats? I think I saw him on one shift in the first period...

He would have helped out our anemic PP.

KING BEAUCHEMIN!

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Mooseduck

vCash: 500
Good effort by the Ducks.
Great job by Bryz.
Huskins had a pretty good game, starting to step up a bit.

Yea Ducks, keep it up!

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Mooseduck

Drats was horrible for one minute and three seconds.

Glad RC figured it out.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:15 AM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
Yeah Drats looked a little lost when I saw him out there (which was like once). Props to Beauchemin and Huskins, both did extremly well tonight.

hockeydemon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Ducksforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydemon05 View Post
Yeah Drats looked a little lost when I saw him out there (which was like once). Props to Beauchemin and Huskins, both did extremly well tonight.
I know that he looked bad, but seriously, one shift?

Whatevs, I digress. Joey D. I thought actually had a pretty good game (he has gotten better) and Huskins (besides that second goal) looked very good.

Beauchemin is doing awesome. He already has 6 points and is proving to everyone that he doesn't need S. Nieds to be successful. With more PP time, I think that he will get more points this year. 35 minutes of play time? That is so insane lol.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:17 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Drats TOI: 1:03. Ha. Yeah I certainly didn't see him when I picked up the game starting from about the middle of the 2nd.

And Beauchemin played almost 35 min! I know someone said it earlier, but I just noticed it myself.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:20 AM
cmccallum

refs made you guys look good tonight

cmccallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Ducksforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus the destroyer View Post
I don't think that is really fair. I think that we can all agree that the refs called way too many penalties on both teams today.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:25 AM
FissionFire

Nice game. Bryz was awesome, definitely robbed at least 3 goals tonight. Gratz to Huskins on his first career goal. I was looking foward to a hard-fought competative game, but sadly the refs decided to job both teams tonight and really ruined the flow of the game. By my count it probably should have been more like 5 penalties on Detroit and 2 on Anaheim. I hope this isn't the type of game the league wants to hold up as a standard. i think the worst part was the refs got so bad you could see players diving left and right trying to get calls, and the officials kept buying it. Perry, Getzlaf, Niedermayer, both O'Donnell penalites....I just don't see where they were. Heck, even Pronger got into the act with those two dives to draw the tripping calls on Holmstrom. I'll be the first to spout my hate for him, but he's not a diver but the refs were so bad tonight he pulled a smart move and took advantage of it. That's why he's one of the best there is.

I hope next time we meet it'll be more of a game, and less of a special teams contest with weak calls. Let the players play the game like it should be. Wings got outplayed tonight and really looked like a team completely gassed from all the games and travel in that 3rd period, and Getzlaf is really really really good. Which reminds me, did your broadcast catch why he shoved down Cleary on that 5-on-3 PK after the whistle? That's not something I normally see from him and was wondering if Cleary said or did something to set him off.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:26 AM
lux_interior

Quote:

The GWG was scored shorthanded by the Ducks.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Ducksforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Nice game. Bryz was awesome, definitely robbed at least 3 goals tonight. Gratz to Huskins on his first career goal. I was looking foward to a hard-fought competative game, but sadly the refs decided to job both teams tonight and really ruined the flow of the game. By my count it probably should have been more like 5 penalties on Detroit and 2 on Anaheim. I hope this isn't the type of game the league wants to hold up as a standard. i think the worst part was the refs got so bad you could see players diving left and right trying to get calls, and the officials kept buying it. Perry, Getzlaf, Niedermayer, both O'Donnell penalites....I just don't see where they were. Heck, even Pronger got into the act with those two dives to draw the tripping calls on Holmstrom. I'll be the first to spout my hate for him, but he's not a diver but the refs were so bad tonight he pulled a smart move and took advantage of it. That's why he's one of the best there is.

I hope next time we meet it'll be more of a game, and less of a special teams contest with weak calls. Let the players play the game like it should be. Wings got outplayed tonight and really looked like a team completely gassed from all the games and travel in that 3rd period, and Getzlaf is really really really good. Which reminds me, did your broadcast catch why he shoved down Cleary on that 5-on-3 PK after the whistle? That's not something I normally see from him and was wondering if Cleary said or did something to set him off.
Thanks for the nice response. I always fear playing the Wings because you guys are so good, but the games are always exciting! I honestly think that Zetterberg is one of the best players in the league. He is just amazing.

As far as Getzlaf goes, he does get feisty sometimes. He gets into fights once in a blue moon. And yes, I was saddened by the diving as well...the one by Pronger was discouraging, but sadly, a good play.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Justarrived

This thread looked like 52 card pickup earlier tonight, I had to wonder whether the thread matched the game I was watching with the order of the posts.

Ducks are starting to get their rhythmn and look like a team with some chemistry tonight. If they keep building on this performance I don't think we'll have much to worry about as the season progresses.

Justarrived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Ducks

Quote:
you should call them up, because you look like a retard.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Ducks

Well it was a great game. I was sitting on the shoot twice side and got a few good Hasek chants going. It was an exciting match, the refs ruined the game with stupid calls on both sides. However, a 6-3 win at home against the wings is something I'll take any day.

Bryzgalov was a stud tonight.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:30 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
Well it was a great game. I was sitting on the shoot twice side and got a few good Hasek chants going. It was an exciting match, the refs ruined the game with stupid calls on both sides. However, a 6-3 win at home against the wings is something I'll take any day.

Bryzgalov was a stud tonight.
He has looked DYNAMITE the last couple of games. I think he could get 35-40 starts this year... much more than he did last year from Giggy, that much is for sure.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
you should call them up, because you look like a retard.
I might sig this.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:48 AM
ktulu98

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCsalmonslayer View Post
He has looked DYNAMITE the last couple of games. I think he could get 35-40 starts this year... much more than he did last year from Giggy, that much is for sure.
don't believe he will start in 40 matches if jiggy is not injured

ktulu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Randall Graves*

We saw both Bryz's he went from Shaky to unbelieveable in a snap. Getzlaf and Kunitz were our best players. That contract Kunitz got will be a bargain, you don't find many guys his size that will consistantly hit, forecheck and go to the net like he does. Pronger picked up his game and the King seemed like he was out there all night, he's a really good defensemen, Niedermayer or no Niedermayer.

the PP was bad most of the night but Schneider will help us, hopefully we can see what this team can do when healthy.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:15 AM
190Octane

Quote:

I was there for the first two periods and there was a lot of stick work that you might not have been able to see on TV. That play in the 3rd where O'Donnell got that double minor, Datsyuk was in front of the net repeatedly two-handing Pronger (or O'Donnell but I'm pretty sure it was Pronger, my seats are on the bottom behind the opposite goal).

There were a lot of calls but there was a lot of crap that could've been called but wasn't.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:49 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Bryzgalov was amazing tonight, this team showed that they do have what is needed to win games but they need to bring it every night.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Lyons71

Boy, interesting game. Detroit really played undisciplined. Like they didn't care if the ref saw.

I <3 Pahlsson.

Bryzgalov had another one of those games that makes you wonder how good he could be. He was pretty damn good. Didn't let in a bad goal, even though he let in 3, he should have been the first star.

The Ducks looked like a better conditioned team than Detroit.

Special teams > rest of game, apparently. You win this, you win the game.

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
MOENing

How many penalties in that game?

If we could only get our powerplay as good as our penalty kill.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 14200
woohoo! a Wings loss is almost as good as a Preds win!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Quote:

I agree, even though the refs called more penalties on the Red Wings (I don't think it was favoritism like I've heard elsewhere, we're the last team refs want to play favorites with), it really ruined the flow of the game. Not to mention our PP wasn't that great. It also is frustrating to see obvious penalties missed, yet have some phantom play get called. It's really ridiculous.

I like the way these Wings-Ducks games are going though. This could be the start to a pretty decent rivalry.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Dirk316

Quote:

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote