Boston lawyer picked to lead hockey players union

Lucic gives B's tough decision

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
If Lucic comes out and continues to do all the little things he's done on the road, I can't see him returning to Vancouver.

While his role is very limited, he could create a good buzz for the team (Marketing wise)

10-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Thor Savage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
If Lucic comes out and continues to do all the little things he's done on the road, I can't see him returning to Vancouver.

While his role is very limited, he could create a good buzz for the team (Marketing wise)
He's a pretty solid player who will clearly be a fan favorite. From a marketing stand point I agree that it makes sense, but more importantly he has been solid on the ice. Julien has rewarded him with playing time on the 3rd line and he has responded. People will argue that he needs to work on his skating (which I haven't seen as a liability) and would be better served doing that back in the WHL. I disagree and think he should stay with the big boys. He can learn how to skate like an NHL'er with his NHL team.

Thor Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Freedomov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Exactly. He's the type of guy people want to see.

Freedomov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Julien rolls dice with line of kids
http://ledger.southofboston.com/arti...s/sports08.txt

RINK RAP: Big, Bad Bruin not bad at all
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...74/-1/SPORTS05

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...79757-sun.html

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
weaponomega

In response to one of the articles, I have a question to those living in and around Massachusetts.

If the Bruins were to start contending or actually bring a Cup back to Boston how would the fan support change and how would the popularity of the Bruins compare to the Patriots, Sox and Celtics?

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
In response to one of the articles, I have a question to those living in and around Massachusetts.

If the Bruins were to start contending or actually bring a Cup back to Boston how would the fan support change and how would the popularity of the Bruins compare to the Patriots, Sox and Celtics?
...it wouldnt

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Bruins420

if the bruins do contend there is a real good chance that boston could see all 4 championships come to boston.

Bruins420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
MdL

Send a message via AIM to MdL
I think it'd be stupid to send Lucic back, provided he can still keep playing like he has been. He shows he doesn't mind sticking up for team mates which is HUGE for this team. He also shows he can rack some points. His game is very physical. PLUS I'm sure we can give him a contract DIRT CHEAP!

MdL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:

In order for the Bruins popularity and interest to increase in Boston and compare to the Pats, some or all of the following need to happen

1. Play hard and tough every game
2. Win a cup
3. Develop one or more recognizable personalities
4. Create controversy

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

The Gahden would rock. Hell when they went out and got Nylander and Gonchar at the deadline that year, the place was full and rocked.

The Broons fans that are hibernating or hiding would come out. When the Bruins last won Cups, they ruled the winter. True the Pats are now a dynasty, but after February there isn't much left and what do you all the other 6 days,unless you are a Celts fan.

As I said, the Gadhen would rock.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Quote:
Julien replaced Dave Lewis behind the bench last summer after previous stops in New Jersey and Montreal.

"He's all about details, and system," Chiarelli said of his coach. "He can be anal -- which is good."
Should we even ask or want to. lol

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
The Gahden would rock. Hell when they went out and got Nylander and Gonchar at the deadline that year, the place was full and rocked.

The Broons fans that are hibernating or hiding would come out. When the Bruins last won Cups, they ruled the winter. True the Pats are now a dynasty, but after February there isn't much left and what do you all the other 6 days,unless you are a Celts fan.

As I said, the Gadhen would rock.
We'd have to buy tickets as soon as they were made available. I well remember those days- standing room only, obstructive view (those tickets were cheap and great for college kids on budgets!) and you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think once the B's hit the ice.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:50 PM
50GoalScorer

I'd be really disappointed to see Lucic sent back. I think this kid is the model of what the Bruins want. It's the type of player Boston area people can identify and will identify with.

50GoalScorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

All the focus has been on Lucic, but flying under the radar, David Krejci has played better so far than I ever expected him too.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50GoalScorer View Post
I'd be really disappointed to see Lucic sent back. I think this kid is the model of what the Bruins want. It's the type of player Boston area people can identify and will identify with.
yep......He reminds me of the Boston Braves vintage Terry O'Reilly. But Lucic is a better skater.

Ideally he'd be best suited for the "A" .....but certainely not back to Junior based upon what I've seen.

Since the "A" isn't a viable option, I'd keep him and slowly bring him along. We have to understand and accept he'll make mistakes. That he may burn out towards the Spring....but that's all part of the process, IMO.

Old
10-16-2007, 03:07 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:

To tell you the truth, Boston is really a fairweather town. In the 50s this was a Celtics town. Then in the 60s and 70s it was 100% a Bruins town. In the 80s it became a Celtics town again and then in the last decade its been an overwhelmingly Red Sox town with a large Patriots influence too.

I can remember when I was 8 years old in 1992 I got 12 dollar box seats to see the Red Sox play the Yankees. No one cared about them back then. At all. They never sold out.

A team that is contending is what this town cares about. Look at the Celtics...they were completely irrelevant here until the Kevin Garnett trade. Now there is a buzz around here that hasn't been seen since the days of Larry Bird.

Boston has a history of supporting its Bruins. It has a strong hockey history in general (just look at the college hockey here). But the fans demand a winning product. Its tough for a lot of families (to justify paying $75 per ticket to sit in the upper level of the arena to watch a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2003. $375 dollars just to take your wife and 3 kids to a game....ouch.

After the Patriots season ends if this team is contending strongly the buzz will be back.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I think Lucic has to stay. I remember thinking last year was too soon for Kessel to burn a year. During the first half that seemed to be the case, but after his second half and watching him this year I realize that NHL development was the best thing for him--and for this year's team. And Kessel's second contract will be the harder of the two money-wise. Lucic stays. Lots of dough being freed up after 08-09 (Manny, Timmy, Axe, Muzz, etc...) there will be money options to buy up some years and keep this core together.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
To tell you the truth, Boston is really a fairweather town. In the 50s this was a Celtics town. Then in the 60s and 70s it was 100% a Bruins town. In the 80s it became a Celtics town again and then in the last decade its been an overwhelmingly Red Sox town with a large Patriots influence too.

I can remember when I was 8 years old in 1992 I got 12 dollar box seats to see the Red Sox play the Yankees. No one cared about them back then. At all. They never sold out.

A team that is contending is what this town cares about. Look at the Celtics...they were completely irrelevant here until the Kevin Garnett trade. Now there is a buzz around here that hasn't been seen since the days of Larry Bird.

Boston has a history of supporting its Bruins. It has a strong hockey history in general (just look at the college hockey here). But the fans demand a winning product. Its tough for a lot of families (to justify paying $75 per ticket to sit in the upper level of the arena to watch a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2003. $375 dollars just to take your wife and 3 kids to a game....ouch.

After the Patriots season ends if this team is contending strongly the buzz will be back.
Very true. I think everyone in the area has one maybe two teams that they are loyal to through all storms and then they are rabid for the others when it is convenient. I follow the Red Sox and Pats rabidly in 4th quarters, ninth innings and stretch drives. Other than that I don't care tha much about them. I'm with the B's always. The number of true loyalists fades with each year of mediocrity...but they'll be back. B's won't overtake the Sox/Pats but they will get glory and attention if the play in late May/early June. The whole region will notice this team if they have a game on Memorial day weekend.

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 04:35 PM
DOGSTARMAN

“In the first one, we were down 2-0 and I wanted to get the momentum back in our favor,” Lucic said. “In the second one, I just finished my check on Ivanans, and he came up and challenged me. I feel if you are going to play physical and hit people, you are going to have to back it up. I thought, ‘Why not,’ even though (Ivanans) is bigger and has a rep. I figured he wasn’t going to kill me and that I would live to see another day.”

What more can you ask for than that? We haven't heard that kind of talk in awhile.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins420 View Post
if the bruins do contend there is a real good chance that boston could see all 4 championships come to boston.
4? theres 5.

Bruins-So far so good, we'll see.
Celtics-on paper on of the best in NBA
Patriots-good time for champsionship
Sox-in playoffs now
Revolution-clinched playoffs

Everyteam except the bruins(AS OF NOW!NO BASHING ME!) has a good shot of winning the championship.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote