HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Helmet Questions, Buying Bulk Gear

Old
10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Senor Rational

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Helmet Questions, Buying Bulk Gear

I have a NB Helmet (Not sure of the model, its the one where you can adjust the size by flipping the side flaps open). At first I thought it fit great (I bought a medium and adjusted it to its smaller size). But after a few month of use it now seems a bit big and juggles around when Im skating. If I replace the foam, which doesnt seem to worn down, will it help with the sizing issues? Or should I have bought a bigger helmet?

The issues I have with the helmet are small, but I am just considering buying a new helmet. I really like the RBK helmets, but would really only consider buying the 4k or 6k, whats the difference between the two? What about the mission intakes? Or the mission helmet thats a step below it?

The next issue I have is buying bulk gear. I finally found a blade pattern and blade I like. Is there anywhere I can order about 10 of these blades to cut cost down? Its the CCM wood blade with the Ovenchkin curve. Any suggestions?

Thank you for all your help.

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
windflare

The Mission Intakes are great helmets. The NBH 8k/5k series are nice as well. However, helmets are really personal things, not brand-specific - just like skates. You really have to try different ones from different brands to see which one fits the best.

As for bulk blades, try hockey.lax.com or this:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/pro-miss...nt-blades.html
ProStock bulk blades from Koho, CCM, Reebok, Mission. If you're a leftie and you can find them in your pattern, you're in luck. But you have to know the specs (curve, face, lie) of your Ovy pattern first, and you can find that online easily, or at modsquadhockey.com's Curve DB.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Thank you

Has any body else had an issue with helmets suddenly not fitting that well? I had an old bauer helmet that lasted a while and would have kept had it not been all cracked up. I bought the new NB helmet thinking it would last as long and Im really dissappointed that it hasnt. But maybe its just me?

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
MikeC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Rational View Post
Thank you

Has any body else had an issue with helmets suddenly not fitting that well?
Only after a haircut.

MikeC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 11:27 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
If the helmet changes suddenly doesn't fit well, readjust it. Even if the fit is too tight width wise... You'd be surprised how often it's that easy of a fix.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 10:18 AM
frito

As a previous poster mentioned, right after a haircut. My helmet does fit differently depending on the length of my hair. have a Bauer 5500 and love it. I bought my daughter a RBK 4K, 6K or 8K. It's the super light weight one with the huger air vents. I really like the styling but the darn cushion foam is already coming out of it and it's less than a year old. This is for a six year first year mite. I'd hate to see how soon the cushion foam would start peeling away on say a Bantam AAA, AA or A player. I couln't see one of those kids even getting a full season out of it.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote