HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-NYI

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 12:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Official Game Thread: NYR-NYI

I want to make sure I post and sticky this while I have the time.

As always, whoever wants to come here to talk about the game tonight is welcome on both sides, but we're looking for hockey, not trolling.

Anyone who has to troll will have their messages deleted and if it continues will have their accounts given a ban. We're looking for quality hockey discussion not members looking to make problems.

Islander fans... you're welcome to participate in the game thread, but don't post stuff that will incite the natives. If you want to discuss the game and give your opinions on players and the game, please feel free to do so, but just remember which board you're on. Things you could openly and freely say on the Islander board may not get the sort of reaction you're looking for (unless you're looking to tick off Ranger fans and if that happens, chances are lots of warnings, edits, deletions of posts, and possible bannings will end up occurring, and it doesn't need to be that way. And I don't want to have to do it).

Likewise, I would ask my fellow Ranger fans not go over to the Isles board and smack-talk or otherwise bait the natives there.

Play nice kiddies. Thanks.

And post 'em if you got 'em.

01-09-2004, 12:13 PM
ihatenewjersey

i have a terrible feeling about this game 4-1 isles

Old
01-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Umm, Tonite?

Anywho, when was the last time we beat the Isles in January, can anyone recall? The last two years I went to NYI-NYR games in Jan. at MSG that were painful to watch, I don't think tomorrow will be any different.

3-1 Isles.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Definitely excited

for tomorrow's game. Should be interesting. I am curious to see if Ronning might play or not. I think we finally made a good pick up. Who is going to take De Vries minutes?

Old
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
sickboy35

why bother!!!

this has loss written all over it!! once again they wiil forget that hockey is a 60min. sport! and only play 35! i think i'm being generous with that!

6-2 isles!!

Old
01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
Who is going to take De Vries minutes?
Whichever side of Sather's brain wins.

Old
01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Kvashinator12

GUys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Whichever side of Sather's brain wins.

why dont they bring up Tyutin, and let teh kid play already.

Old
01-09-2004, 01:52 PM
fnrangers9369

Been lurking around for a while, so I guess I will post something. Im going to the game tomorrow and I expect nothing but a Ranger win. They will win just to keep me interested for a couple more days when I go to the Garden on Tuesday. Everytime im ready to give up hope, they win, and then let me down a few days later. I hate this team. Lets go Rangers.

Old
01-09-2004, 01:57 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd like to see Milbury and Sather show some confidence in their teams and make a wager.

If the Rags win Milbury quits.
If the Fishstix win Sather quits.

Let's Go Fishstix!!!!

Seriously, it's gonna be tough to win. We all know how much the refs favor the Isles in this rivalry.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:00 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnrangers9369
Been lurking around for a while, so I guess I will post something. Im going to the game tomorrow and I expect nothing but a Ranger win. They will win just to keep me interested for a couple more days when I go to the Garden on Tuesday. Everytime im ready to give up hope, they win, and then let me down a few days later. I hate this team. Lets go Rangers.
Welcome to another poor soul.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:18 PM
nyr5186

Can Sather please show some balls, or atleast some brains, and scratch Malakhov and Poti for the game?! I know deVries is out, but on any other team, these guys would be out of the lineup a LONG time ago. Theyre horrible, and thats the understatement of the day. Just call up Tjutin, I dont even care if the atmosphere is not right for youngsters right now. Maybe playing some hungry kids instead of lazy f***tards would help change that atmosphere! That being said, I fully expect Sather to do the exact opposite of what makes sense. Poti will still be with Leetch. Malakhov and Mironov will be paired together. Lindros will keep playing with 3rd line wingers (Simon and Barnaby). Nedved and Messier will get the most minutes among centers. And Holik wont be used in a shutdown role.

However, I do agree with the newbie. The Rangers will find a way to win tomorrow (Dunham will probably start and he has a very good career record vs. the Isles), only to stink up the joint in the following game. Welcome to the boards, btw!

Old
01-09-2004, 03:06 PM
NCalFan

The one really great thing about this game is its on at 10 am here. That said I realy don't know who will show up.

I would love to see some youngsters play but I don't see it happening.

Like some kind of addict, I'm drawn to all of the games (if I get home at 4pm Direct TV) but I'm beggining to feel like I have the past few seasons hoping to see the opposition win so that we can finally see the last of Sather. There has to be something dysfunctional about this don't you think?

Messier is begining to loked washed out, not washed up...but tired.

I can't beleive Carter got 2 points in Carolina!

When did Klouchek get traded to Atlanta? If he gets past his injury thing that was a great picck up.

Isles 3-1

Old
01-09-2004, 03:27 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
i have a terrible feeling about this game 4-1 isles
Does it really matter anymore? Haven't we seen enough of this hodgepodge hockey they are playing? I don't care if the Rangers beat the Islanders the rest of the season. There will be no playoffs once again for this team. Not until Sather, or whoever is GM, is forced to cut ties with these aging, so-called veterans due to a salary cap. THEN we can get some kids in here who are actually willing to play this team. So, hopefully, the Islanders knock the Rangers all over the ice and beat them into oblivion. This team needs a new GM and until it happens I am hoping for a continous losing streak. Wrap this team up in a bag of what the current coaching staff is preaching and send it down the Hudson because where the season is floating.

Old
01-09-2004, 03:29 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
We all know how much the refs favor the Isles in this rivalry.

Yup, that is why we just can't beat the other teams. It's the refs falt. If it wasn't for the refs, we would have beaten Calgary 6-5. But dammit, they took all six goals away!

Old
01-09-2004, 04:09 PM
fnrangers9369

Thanks for the nice welcome. Its just getting harder and harder to find something positive to say about this organization as a whole. I have a few choice words for Dolan but at least he spends. i honestly believe it's the coaching. Sather is brutal. We cant get out of our own way on the powerplay. Everytime we score or give up a goal, sather comes out with the messier line. Messier is out there for the powerplay, the penalty kill, and he is out there when we are 2 men down. I love Mark but enough is enough here. Nobody is accountable here. Its a wonder Jagr wants to come here. He can come here, make 11 million and dog it because nobody is accountable on the Rangers. With one minute to go yesterday, i have to watch Simon and Barnaby out there and no Brian Leetch as well. Hey Glen: use your *** timeout!!!!!!!!!! Lindros has been our best player of late, do you think we can get him away from Chris Simon please? Maybe get him a power foward to play with? Alright im done. Lets go Rangers.

Old
01-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Serious Q:

Why is the Rangers' PP ranked 20th in the league?

Caught that stat on the game last night. Even if their top forward talent is somewhat overrated, there is no reason on earth that Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, Messier, Leetch, Poti, Rucinsky, Nedved, even Holik should not be producing more with a man advantage. That is serious offensive firepower, and I'd personally love to add any one of those guys to NYI's PP units.

Old
01-09-2004, 05:09 PM
rangers

We better win this one... Of course we wont. 4-1 fishies

Old
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
why dont they bring up Tyutin, and let teh kid play already.

Because Jesus hates us. Tjutin is also going to miss 4-6 weeks, and his all-star game. DAMN YOU JESUS!!!! DAMN YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!

Oh, and between you and me, Jesus is a Devils fan.

Old
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Serious Q:

Why is the Rangers' PP ranked 20th in the league?

Caught that stat on the game last night. Even if their top forward talent is somewhat overrated, there is no reason on earth that Lindros, Kovalev, Carter, Messier, Leetch, Poti, Rucinsky, Nedved, even Holik should not be producing more with a man advantage. That is serious offensive firepower, and I'd personally love to add any one of those guys to NYI's PP units.
Well, when you consider that the Rangers haven't practiced the power play all season, Im surprised they're not last in the league. And when they did earlier in the year, all they practiced was 5-on-0 drills. Most good teams in the league find time to work on the special teams at every practice, yet the Rangers have done NOTHING all season to try to improve what, talent-wise, should be a very lethal power play. Not even an ounce of effort to fix the problem. I mean if thats not an indication of how poorly coached this team is, I dont know what is. Its mindboggling.

Specifically, the Rangers haven't had too much trouble getting in the offensive zone. With Leetch, Kovalev, and Poti manning the breakouts, that shouldnt be a problem, and it hasnt been. However, they have absolutely no clue what to do when they get in it. How many times have the Rangers been outmanned and outworked in the corners on the power play? How many times have they just passed the puck around the outside while everybody else just looks around and has no clue where to go? How many times have they not been able to set up shots because the passing was off? And even when shots do get through, how many times has there been nobody around the net to deflect shots and pick up rebounds? Its so easy to defend the Rangers power play. All teams need to do is pressure the puck and dont give them space. Eventually they'll cough it up because everybody's either standing around watching the puck or running around like chickens with their heads chopped off. Again, its mindboggling how a team that has all the tools in the world (talent-wise and money-wise) can be the most disorganized and unprepared team in the NHL. You know Glen, practice doesn't always make perfect, but it just might help!

Old
01-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Skroob*

I have a great solution to several problems at once. Someone with some balls (meaning not Leetch), real leadership skills (meaning not Messier), and no ties (meaning friendships, or in debt to him for giving them a career) to Sather (so not Messier, Poti, Simon, Hlavac), should act now.

Mr. Holik, step right up. Here's your time to shine.

Glen wont run PP drills? No problem. Bobby should rent out some rink time (which anyone can do), perhaps even 'hire' a drill instructor to help give some guidance (Ted Nolan. reasons below), and do all this on their own time out of their own pocket.

Results?
First, perhaps someone can clue them in on how to play the PP.

Second, this will really piss Glen off. Perhaps enough to take some action and be a real coach himself. Hopefully he'll get the point.

Thirdly, Ted Nolan is an added bonus, simply because the good 'ol boys club has him black-listed. Glen is a card-carrying member.

Fourth, perhaps this will be a wake-up call to Jimmy-D that absolutely NOBODY, not even his own players, have any faith in Glen, and he shouldn't either. [/WWF] YOU'RE FIIIEEEERRRRDDDD!!! [/WWF]

Why Holik? Balls. Leadership. He's a big name, well respected. Plus, the big-ass contract hes in gives him some job security. Even if he does get traded, i dont think he will be all that upset. Plus, i really think he would love this task.

I think that if he were to announce this to the team, most players would follow. Barnaby, DeVries, Maladog (since hes retiring and doesn't give a sh@t anyway), Carter (who i doubt is a big Sather fan), Nedved (catches a lot of smack from Glen), and most of the young kids, like Lundmark,Jed,Chad,etc. (simply in hopes it will get them traded).

It could all work very nicely.

Old
01-09-2004, 10:59 PM
LondonFan

I don't want the Rangers to win. Seriously. I'd rather they go on a 10 game losing slide. Enough of the mediocrity! Either be good or rubbish!

Old
01-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Trendsetter

Send a message via MSN to Trendsetter
sure folks, i can accept the fact that you want the Rangers to loose against almost every team in the damn league, but dont come here and say you want them to loose to the Islanders. If theres one team a true Ranger fan would want to beat EVERY night, it would be the fishsticks

so please, dont sink to that level

Old
01-10-2004, 03:18 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
I don't want the Rangers to win. Seriously. I'd rather they go on a 10 game losing slide. Enough of the mediocrity! Either be good or rubbish!
Ya know if a team can win 8 out of 10 games
and be mediocre the other 72 games, they may very well be in he playoffs.

If we could do that (without trading away our prospects or any more draft choices), a lot of people would welcome the opportunity to at least feel what it's like to see your team in the playoffs.

Old
01-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Kvashinator12

can't for the life of me

understand why sather would rather sign Tverdovsky or Smehlik than call up Tjutin. Smehlik skates slower than my grandma, and why add Tverdovsky another poti. I feel sorry for you guys. We have been forced to give our kids playing time because of injuries.

Old
01-10-2004, 03:55 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
understand why sather would rather sign Tverdovsky or Smehlik than call up Tjutin. Smehlik skates slower than my grandma, and why add Tverdovsky another poti. I feel sorry for you guys. We have been forced to give our kids playing time because of injuries.
HFBoards - Tjutin and DeVries out 4-6 Weeks
Address:http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=42534

Not that he woulda brought him up anyway.
Tjutin might make a rookie mistake out there. He'd have to be held accountable and would sit or go back to Hartford.

Guys like Smehlik aren't held to the same high standards as youngins are.

Closed Thread