HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 10/18 - New York Rangers @ Atlanta Thrashers 7PM MSG

Old
10-17-2007, 09:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
GDT: 10/18 - New York Rangers @ Atlanta Thrashers 7PM MSG

(2-3-0) -------------------- (0-6-0)

7:00 PM
PHILIPS ARENA

Gamenight - 6:30PM
TV: MSG
Radio: ESPN 1050 AM

RECORDS
RANGERS -- 4 points, 4th place - Atlantic Division - G/G 2.00; GA/G 2.00
ATLANTA -- 0 points, 5th place - Southeast Division - G/G 1.50; GA/G 4.50

TEAM LEADERS

RANGERS -- Straka/Roszival, 2 goals; Jagr, 5 assists, 6 points; Mara/Malik, 8 PIM.
ATLANTA -- Kovalchuk, 3 goals and 4 points; White/Zhitnik, 2 assists; Kovalchuk, 9 PIM.

STARTING GOALTENDERS:

(5 GP, .934 SV%, 2.02 GAA, 0 SO, 2-3-0) ~ Henrik Lundqvist Kari Lehtonen ~ (0-4-0, 0 SO, 4.72 GAA, .870 SV%, 4 GP) ~

SPECIAL TEAMS

RANGERS .. ATLANTA
(3 for 29) - 10.3% - 25th - PP -- 28th -- 7.7% - (2 for 26)
(21 for 24) - 87.5% -- 7th -- PK -- 29th - 71.4% - (25 for 35)
-- SHG -- 0

06'-07' VS. ATLANTA (playoffs incl.):
5-2-2

LAST MEETING:
April, 18th 2007:
Rangers 4, Atlanta 2

@ Madison Square Garden
It was a night to remember as the Rangers completed their first sweep in a playoff series since 1994 against the Islanders.
Matt Cullen got the series-winner just 2:06 into the third period on a goal that bounced in off the crossbar.
Atlanta was ousted 4-2 and outshot 143-99 in the series, eliminated from their first ever playoff appearance.

LET'S GET IT GOING.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:36 AM
DontStepanMe

If Hossa can't go will Pock or Struds play forward as we still can't bring anybody up w/o sending somebody down, or waiving a player?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:37 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Let's not end their losing streak, please.

Old
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, we've won every game I've been able to watch so far and lost every one I've missed. I'll be flying back from Switzerland and landing around 2pm tomorrow. Even with customs and potential delays, I should be in front of the TV in plenty of time. Jetlag be damned - the team needs me.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ogie

i think alot of people think atlanta is an easy win BUT after the hurting we laid on them in the playoffs i think they might step it up and seek some revenge. Should be a good game.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Yeah I was hoping they would beat the Flyers last night so the Rangers wouldnt be walking into a game where they could potentially down a team to 0-7.

But I guess thats just the way it is.

I'm figuring Lehtonen will get the start with Hedberg playing last night.

I wanna get in and out of this building quick with two points - but i have a feeling it won't be as easy as advertised.

Old
10-17-2007, 09:42 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
If Hossa can't go will Pock or Struds play forward as we still can't bring anybody up w/o sending somebody down, or waiving a player?
Whats up with Hossa, he was hurt before the last game and still played? Malik really needs to sit this one out, Pock HAS to get a game in.

Thank god we got this thread up, with no games these past couple of days, its been kind of boring on these boards.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Whats up with Hossa, he was hurt before the last game and still played? Malik really needs to sit this one out, Pock HAS to get a game in.

Thank god we got this thread up, with no games these past couple of days, its been kind of boring on these boards.
Don't have any kind of inside info - sounds like the kind of thing where it's nagging, so they keep him out of practice to prevent aggravating it and then dress him for games. You know, kind of like they did with Messier 80% of the time in his last year.

In all seriousness, with a 5 day layoff, hopefully he's been able to shake it entirely and will return to practice soon too.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i think alot of people think atlanta is an easy win BUT after the hurting we laid on them in the playoffs i think they might step it up and seek some revenge. Should be a good game.
Yeah, this is the perfect game for them to be motivated, amped up, pissed and wanting to end their losing streak and who else would it be better to do that against?

Rangers just have to play their game. Forget about revenge or records or whatever. This game is just as big for the Rangers as it is for Atlanta in my eyes.

Don't get cute. Play hard, score, save - go to Boston.

Old
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Don't have any kind of inside info - sounds like the kind of thing where it's nagging, so they keep him out of practice to prevent aggravating it and then dress him for games. You know, kind of like they did with Messier 80% of the time in his last year.

In all seriousness, with a 5 day layoff, hopefully he's been able to shake it entirely and will return to practice soon too.
Renney said that if Hossa doesn't practice today he doesn't play tomorrow. That's all that I've read so far.

Old
10-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

If Hossa doesn't play the Rangers should call up Dawes....Dawes wouldn't count as one of the 4 callups (he can replace Avery who is on IR)

I would not reward Thomas Pock with icetime two days after he spoke out about playing time...Reward the kid that you didnt have room for in camp...

Atlanta is bound to win a game...If they beat the Rangers tomorrow the sky will actually fall on this board...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:01 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Hossa doesn't play the Rangers should call up Dawes....Dawes wouldn't count as one of the 4 callups (he can replace Avery who is on IR)

I would not reward Thomas Pock with icetime two days after he spoke out about playing time...Reward the kid that you didnt have room for in camp...

Atlanta is bound to win a game...If they beat the Rangers tomorrow the sky will actually fall on this board...
Rangers can't call up Dawes b/c they are at the Roster maximum. Only way would be to send down Pock for a conditioning assignment or place a player on LTI.

Old
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Feelin' the GDT in advance HBNYC. Good lookin.

Rangers will take the Thrashers to task and finally start gelling offensively. I expect a big game for our boys.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Feelin' the GDT in advance HBNYC. Good lookin.

Rangers will take the Thrashers to task and finally start gelling offensively. I expect a big game for our boys.
loving the positivity!!! they need to go out and pressure the thrasher D. they will feel nervous and look to rid the puck as quickly as possible. The key to this game is a quick hard start. If we get up 1-0 or even 2 early, they'll crumble and we could possibly hammer them.

Lehtonen will have all sorts of thigns going on in his head after the playoffs. we need to throw the puck on net as often as possible to begin and be right on top of him.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
loving the positivity!!! they need to go out and pressure the thrasher D. they will feel nervous and look to rid the puck as quickly as possible. The key to this game is a quick hard start. If we get up 1-0 or even 2 early, they'll crumble and we could possibly hammer them.

Lehtonen will have all sorts of thigns going on in his head after the playoffs. we need to throw the puck on net as often as possible to begin and be right on top of him.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the key. We haven't lost a game yet where we were leading.

Old
10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Rangers can't call up Dawes b/c they are at the Roster maximum. Only way would be to send down Pock for a conditioning assignment or place a player on LTI.
The Rangers have a 22 man roster right now...they never replaced Avery on the roster...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
we seem to be ok when we're leading. and withtheir mental state right now grabbing that lead is vital. the crowd will be on their backs quickly too if we get out to a lead. being 0-6 takes alot to get out of...

lets not help them. solid D and agreesive forechecking, plenty and i mean plenty of traffic in front of Lehtonen if possible....shoot boys! shoot!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Thats true, and last year the Rangers squandered alot of leads and even losing some big ones.

We havent seen how they react to early leads yet. They came back in the Florida game and they led against Washington from the start and held them the rest of the way.

I'm eager to see if this team is different in that aspect than the last few years, because if they are - and they really can play shutdown hockey with the lead we are looking at a much better team than the last two.

But its going to take a nice sampling of leads in games to find that out - all types, 3 goal, 2 goal and the most important 1 goal lead.

Last year that 2 goal lead was the killer if everyone remembers. Remember that avatar someone had (who was it ? ) it said "2-0 Rangers - scared?" or something like that.

Old
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Rangers have a 22 man roster right now...they never replaced Avery on the roster...
Was Avery placed on LTI?

Old
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

let's get a quick first period goal...and continue from there. These guys certainly don't look like an 0-6 team. They are not as bad as it seems, their goal-tending has been pretty horrible though. If anyone saw that Sami Kapinen goal last night against the Flyers..it looked like he wasn't even trying...

anyway..

switch it up lineup..

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Prucha-Drury-Cally
Dawes-Straka-Shanny
Orr-Betts-Hollweg

Rosi-Mara
Girardi-Tyutin
Staal-Pock

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I cant see Staal and Pock together being that Pock has very little to offer in the "calming" and "sandpaper" departments.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 10-17-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old
10-17-2007, 10:54 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
let's get a quick first period goal...and continue from there. These guys certainly don't look like an 0-6 team. They are not as bad as it seems, their goal-tending has been pretty horrible though. If anyone saw that Sami Kapinen goal last night against the Flyers..it looked like he wasn't even trying...

anyway..

switch it up lineup..

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Prucha-Drury-Cally
Dawes-Straka-Shanny
Orr-Betts-Hollweg

Rosi-Mara
Girardi-Tyutin
Staal-Pock

I think your right about they aren't that bad of a team but we should definately be able to score and get a W out of this one. Also i think that Dawes was practicing if Dubinsky or Hossa couldn't go. I don't forsee him playing. I think it will be Dubinsky inbetween Straka and Shanny.

Old
10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
In The Flesh

Lets continue where we left off last year with this team. This game can't start any sooner. This lay off is killing me, I've resulted to watching them practice on the rangers site and I've been watching to Mike and Mad Dog for some reason these past couple of days. IDK.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:06 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Breaking news from TSN:

Quote:
Atlanta Thrashers' head coach Bob Hartley has been fired. Sources tell TSN general manger Don Waddell will be behind the bench on an interim basis until a new coach can be found. Details to follow..
Great...they couldn't wait just one more game?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote