HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dawes To Play Tomorrow (w/Jagr & Gomez) - Hossa Out (Groin)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
  #51
Karan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hey Nige, that sound you hear is opportunity knocking.
Indeed, this might be the biggest and juiciest chance Dawes has had so far. For his sake I really hope he makes the best of it.

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 02:37 PM
  #52
Vodka Drunkenski
Registered User
 
Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I'm pulling for the guy but I'm not getting my hopes too high. I say Straka is back on the wing by the end of the second period.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
  #53
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
all ya nay sayers!!!

dawes with a goal and assist

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
  #54
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
squishy,

the article you posted doesnt have any direct quotes on who started the fight, just the author trying to sensationalize the article by saying dubinsky picked the fight, then was saying im ok im ok.

with regards to this quote by richardson :
I guess that's what you get for picking on the old guy. You learn the hard way.

its very possible, and likely hes talking about the 2 huge hits dubinsky layed on him, as he goes on to talk about the target he had on his back.

the only direct quote regarding who started it is fron dubinsky where he says "he gave me a little whack, kind of asking me or hinting towards it.......im not going to back down or shy away from it"

to me, that says he didnt start the fight, but he was more than willing to go.

again, i have no problems with it at all. this is a young kid trying to solidify a job. if he shows he can fight, thats one more thing he can do that dawes cant.....even though he got knocked out...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
  #55
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
hossa - gomez - jagr
prucah - drury - callahan
dawes - straka - shanny
blair (can play wing but will take faceoffs) - dubinsky - hollweeg

when avery comes back go

avery - dubi - blair

thats 4 SOLID lines.




Enter someone talking semantics about shanny being on a 3rd line, or avery being a second line player.....
well.... i like it except why would you not have straka center jagr if he is going to play center? and if youre going to have dawes and shanny on the same line then why not have gomez center it since the 3 had success for the couple games they played together? also ... if thats the 4rth line then why not just send dubi down to play 1st line minutes in hartford and recall someone like byers to play the wing which is a natural position for him. i dont see how well dubi would adjust playing to the wing especially with only 5-7 minutes a game to work with

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
  #56
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
well.... i like it except why would you not have straka center jagr if he is going to play center? and if youre going to have dawes and shanny on the same line then why not have gomez center it since the 3 had success for the couple games they played together? also ... if thats the 4rth line then why not just send dubi down to play 1st line minutes in hartford and recall someone like byers to play the wing which is a natural position for him. i dont see how well dubi would adjust playing to the wing especially with only 5-7 minutes a game to work with
the reason Straka can't center Jagr is because Gomez and Drury have to be top 2 lines otherwise they're both even more of a waste of money and talent.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
  #57
Speedtrials
Registered User
 
Speedtrials's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alphabit City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranB View Post
Indeed, this might be the biggest and juiciest chance Dawes has had so far. For his sake I really hope he makes the best of it.
yup, Nigel really couldn't have hoped for a better opportunity than this. I know there is a debate among fans to how talented he really is, but I remember hearing Maloney(the commentator) saying that management is very high on him. That might explain why he is getting a chance with Gomez and Jagr, before Prucha or Callahan is?

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
  #58
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
the reason Straka can't center Jagr is because Gomez and Drury have to be top 2 lines otherwise they're both even more of a waste of money and talent.
not seeing your point .... in buffalo vanek played on the "3rd" line last year .... did that make him a waste? some poeple are more fasinated with players being on the "right line" then they are with how to properly construct a lineup

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
  #59
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
the reason Straka can't center Jagr is because Gomez and Drury have to be top 2 lines otherwise they're both even more of a waste of money and talent.
semantics. straka and shanny make combined 8 mill....thats ok to have them on the 3rd line but not gomer and drury?

and yes, you could put straka with jagr. i just like the idea of building chemistry there early season

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
  #60
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
not seeing your point .... in buffalo vanek played on the "3rd" line last year .... did that make him a waste? some poeple are more fasinated with players being on the "right line" then they are with how to properly construct a lineup
Well there's a few problems with that.. Straka plays best on the wing, not center. Drury and Gomez. (At this point I really don't care what line Gomez is on as long as he shows us that he can do more than just carry and drop off the puck) don't really belong as a bottom six forward. They need to be down the middle in the top 6 to be most effective and Straka on the wing to be most effective.

Most effective is what we want...isn't it?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
  #61
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I don't think he got a concussion from that right hand.

Sometimes you get hit and it throws your sensors off for a few minutes, nothing bad.

Dubi took one on the button and had his legs wobbly for a spell, nothing serious. If this had been earlier in the game, I would have expected to see Dubi back on the ice after a 10 minute break.

Nothing a little amonia pack can't fix.
Ok, I don't know what to think. I have heard a couple of times where someone have been knocked cold, and then the doctors have reported that it wasn't even a concussion afterwards.

First of all, I don't got a clue how you test if someone had a concussion. Concussion is a relative term, some soccer players have gotten concussion problems after heading the ball to much, and thats just a pretty soft impact. Even the softest impact gives a little concussion, the harder the blow the bigger the concussion.

Second, playing right away after a serious concussion don't have to be a problem at all. Its individual.

So, I don't think it would have been a big deal if he played. But he looked like he took a severe blow to the head, and he ought to have suffered atleast a smaller concussion. But at the same time, I don't know, maybe the MRI these guys and can see how big the bleeding is, or do it by checking pupiles or something, and can tell that he didn't get one and that its green for him to go.. I don't got a clue.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:53 PM
  #62
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
semantics. straka and shanny make combined 8 mill....thats ok to have them on the 3rd line but not gomer and drury?

and yes, you could put straka with jagr. i just like the idea of building chemistry there early season
Straka does not underperform depending on his teammates. Straka is just simply a great all around player and can do without certain players. Straka meshes with everyone, although he probably could put more points up with Jagr, he can still do good elsewhere.

Shanahan has NOT played well enough to be deserved in the top six were we have potential tryouts for top six and future top six forwards that need to be there.

They do not make 8 mill combined they make 5.8mill combined. Which is not even 1 year to which each Gomez and Drury get payed, therefore, Drury and Gomez must be in the top six.

And one more thing I never said Straka can't play with Jagr he plays very good with Jagr, and would be the best asset on the other side of the wing.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 03:53 PM
  #63
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hey Nige, that sound you hear is opportunity knocking.
+1

Supposedly he have really dominated in the AHL, something he never did the last 2 seasons. So the utter conditions probably couldn't be better.

Ideally, I don't like to bring up kids like this though. He got a heck of a pressure on him. If Dawes is open in the crease and JJ got the puck in the coner, I would be extremely suprised if Nigels nerves didn't send a extra pulse of adrenaline. Nothing strange with that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
  #64
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
They do not make 8 mill combined they make 5.8mill combined. Which is not even 1 year to which each Gomez and Drury get payed, therefore, Drury and Gomez must be in the top six.
not including the bonus....semantics

really, it doesn't make a difference if each line gets 15+ minutes a game, obviously not including penalties, etc

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
  #65
Noonan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country:
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Drury to the 3rd line... WOW

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
  #66
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
not including the bonus....semantics

really, it doesn't make a difference if each line gets 15+ minutes a game, obviously not including penalties, etc
It does when you under perform.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
  #67
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
Drury to the 3rd line... WOW
do you guys realize that if Sam Weinman listed the lines

Dawes Gomez Jagr
Prucha Drury Callahan
Straka Betts Shanny

then nobody would be making these comments...

If this was a home game or if this was 30 or 40 games into the season the Rangers I bet Dubinsky would be the 3rd line center...The Rangers are doing the right thing by brining Dubinsky along slowly AND by rewarding Betts who has been outstanding everyshift of every game...

are we really going to start complaining about line rotations??

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:32 PM
  #68
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
As per Sam
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com


Update:

Dawes - Gomez - Jagr
Prucha - Drury - Callahan
Straka - Betts - Shanahan
Hollweg - Dubinsky - Orr

Hossa = Out
Great lines to be honest.

I just wish they would dubinsky on the 3rd, it just makes way more sense. Betts has nothing good aout him especially paired with those two. All he is a is a good PK'er and thats it.
Dawes - Gomez - Jagr
Prucha - Drury - Callahan
Straka - Dubinsky- Shanahan
Hollweg -Betts - Orr

Thats what i would like to see. Dubinsky learning and playing with Shanahan is great for him. Anyway either set of the lines are fine I guess. Cant believe Im actually see'ing all these youngsters in the lineup, I love it!!! Dawes, Callahan, Prucha,Dubinsky, Hollweg, Orr, Staal, Tyutin, Girardi. Its just amazing. And about time, NYR needs to start building.

I must say Im incredibly hyped about line 2 ( Prucha-Drury-Callahan ) cant wait to watch them tommorow. I like how Renney is sticking with Tyutin and Girardi on the regular and it looks like he is doing the same with Prucha and Callahan. One move I cant knock Renney for. Which some times sems very rare, cause renney really boggles me at times.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:36 PM
  #69
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Great lines to be honest.

I just wish they would dubinsky on the 3rd, it just makes way more sense. Betts has nothing good aout him especially paired with those two. All he is a is a good PK'er and thats it.
Dawes - Gomez - Jagr
Prucha - Drury - Callahan
Straka - Dubinsky- Shanahan
Hollweg -Betts - Orr

Thats what i would like to see. Dubinsky learning and playing with Shanahan is great for him. Anyway either set of the lines are fine I guess. Cant believe Im actually see'ing all these youngsters in the lineup, I love it!!! Dawes, Callahan, Prucha,Dubinsky, Hollweg, Orr, Staal, Tyutin, Girardi. Its just amazing. And about time, NYR needs to start building.

I must say Im incredibly hyped about line 2 ( Prucha-Drury-Callahan ) cant wait to watch them tommorow. I like how Renney is sticking with Tyutin and Girardi on the regular and it looks like he is doing the same with Prucha and Callahan. One move I cant knock Renney for. Which some times sems very rare, cause renney really boggles me at times.

I think you should put a little more effort into explaining our great Blair Betts other then "just a good PK'er, that's all, or "has nothing".

Blair Betts is just not one of those Sidney Crosby advertised players... I guess he must not be good then, right?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
  #70
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I think you should put a little more effort into explaining our great Blair Betts other then "just a good PK'er, that's all, or "has nothing".

Blair Betts is just not one of those Sidney Crosby advertised players... I guess he must not be good then, right?
I think I explained him in a whole ( Good PK'er thats all ). I mean what else can you say about the guy. I mean yes he does at times show flashes of an older Sidney Crosby, thats no question.

Wait, did I just say that??????????????

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
  #71
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,869
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
do you guys realize that if Sam Weinman listed the lines

Dawes Gomez Jagr
Prucha Drury Callahan
Straka Betts Shanny

then nobody would be making these comments...

If this was a home game or if this was 30 or 40 games into the season the Rangers I bet Dubinsky would be the 3rd line center...The Rangers are doing the right thing by brining Dubinsky along slowly AND by rewarding Betts who has been outstanding everyshift of every game...

are we really going to start complaining about line rotations??
Jesus, thank you for pointing that out SoS. It doesn't matter who is on what line, it matters how much each line plays. We can list Drury on the fourth line for all I care, as long as he gets his minutes.

I know you've been saying that for a long time SoS, so props for that.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
  #72
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
If Richardson was the one challenging him, by all means, I'd be in favor of Dubinsky standing up for himself. But that wasn't the case. He wasn't standing up for himself. He was feeling cocky after playing a good game, and he challenged Richardson. He picked the wrong opponent, with 3 minutes left in a game, which his team was losing by 2 goals. That's not a statement, that's stupid. The time for making a statement or sparking your team was long past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i agree with squishy.....
So short sighted...

It also looked to be more of a mutual thing. Nothing like exaggerating to prop up a poor argument.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
  #73
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
They do not make 8 mill combined they make 5.8mill combined. Which is not even 1 year to which each Gomez and Drury get payed, therefore, Drury and Gomez must be in the top six.
If we got a top 6, then we are in a world of shaeeit...

At the very least you need a top 9.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
  #74
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If we got a top 6, then we are in a world of shaeeit...

At the very least you need a top 9.
What are you talking about?

I said Gomez and Drury need to be on the top two lines according to their talent and our ridiculous contracts for them. I didn't say we don't have a good top nine..?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
  #75
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I think I explained him in a whole ( Good PK'er thats all ). I mean what else can you say about the guy. I mean yes he does at times show flashes of an older Sidney Crosby, thats no question.

Wait, did I just say that??????????????
Points isn't everything..

Betts does all the little things right, and he blocks shots, finishes his checks, protects his teammates, wins more than 50% of his face offs(which is great and huge) is GREAT defensively, and DEFENSE wins games. Now...how is Betts not good?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.