HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall on bad times

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Teemu

vCash: 500
Hawks fall on bad times

Not only did we just trade away sullivan, but we signed a free agent right afterwards...

ADAM MUNRO

i am not making this up. he will be the backup goalie for our next game, so that leighton can stay in the AHL

Old
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Not only did we just trade away sullivan, but we signed a free agent right afterwards...

ADAM MUNRO

i am not making this up. he will be the backup goalie for our next game, so that leighton can stay in the AHL
You got to it before I could.

BTW I saw the prospect re-shuffle: Mark Leighton is ranked higher than Anton Babchuck? Huh?!?!

Old
02-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
You got to it before I could.

BTW I saw the prospect re-shuffle: Mark Leighton is ranked higher than Anton Babchuck? Huh?!?!
i dont know who does those for us, but theyve never been even remotely accurate.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
shoot the PUCK!!!

you forgot to mention that he was drafted 29th in the 2001 draft by the Hawks. wasn't signed and didn't get drafted when he re-entered the 2003 draft. watch he'll turn into the Hwks next great goalie.lol

Old
02-19-2004, 08:53 PM
hoorock89

Send a message via AIM to hoorock89
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot the PUCK!!!
you forgot to mention that he was drafted 29th in the 2001 draft by the Hawks. wasn't signed and didn't get drafted when he re-entered the 2003 draft. watch he'll turn into the Hwks next great goalie.lol

Isn't leighton on a six game win streak in Norfolk? Why not bring him up now when his confidence is high and see if he can build on it to where he proves himself as a solid backup to Thibault? I do not understand this team. But, I did hear that Babchuk won the AHL hardest slapshot competition (97.1 mph?). Give this guy a few years and he could be lethal like Al McInnis. I'd love to see that shot on the blueline of our power play.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:20 PM
shoot the PUCK!!!

Their keeping Leighton down to keep Norfolk in the playoffs. He may switch with Anderson in the near future. Munro's like the ugly step sister hear,just being passed around!

Closed Thread