HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovy fires back

Old
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Kovy fires back

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220886&hubname=

Good on him. He basically gives a big F-U to the media in this town.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

If only the Montreal media could see me give them the finger every day. Thanks for representin', Kovy.

10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Carbo said yesterday he and Kovy enjoy each other and have no problems, today Kovalev says the same thing...I believe both of them and I hope it continues.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:02 PM
un_lavalois*

And the media are already saying f-u back, I just send an e-mail to CKAC to tell them that the journalists asked him "what he would do different" and that the answer just cause the controversy they wanted, the radio animator is also surprised by all the support we are showing Kovalev

GO HABS GO! Support them, don't make their job harder!

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

"I don't know why you'd even ask that because that's one of the reasons I'm back to Montreal because I like the challenge," Kovalev said. "I want to show that this team is competitive and can still be in the playoffs and have a chance to win the Stanley Cup."

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Slick Nick

"It's just you guys try to have a competition between each other and try to twist words, who twisted words better."

Same ol, Same ol Kovy

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
un_lavalois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
"It's just you guys try to have a competition between each other and try to twist words, who twisted words better."

Same ol, Same ol Kovy
Aaww man he SAID THAT!?!?! HAHAHA!

Old
10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Kovalev is my hero so far this year.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Gros Bill

Typical Kovalev. Say one thing, next day blame the media for "twisting your words".

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kafka

I think he includes bloggers in his comments.

More seriously, src will soon show an interview they made with Kovalev for the TV magazine "enquête" (altough I am sure I already saw part of it). A journalist team went to Russia this summer and interviewed Kovalev and others. He talked about his relation with Carbonneau in that interview... so you guys will understand what relation Carbo and Kovalev had last year.

As for the rest, I don't consider the medias made the story: it got off Kovalev's mouth, and that's it. He made an error, and that's all. Still, the medias could now move to something else, but this comment, as Waffledave points it by reporting it on this board, will create an other mediatic wave, and we'll still read about it just because Kovalev spoke to the medias this morning.... again.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

Enjoyable Article. I'm a big fan of kovy's and I've always thought he wasn't given a fair shot with our media. They do always twist things around. Kovalev is going to be a serious leader to our team this season, I can already see it happening.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
TroyM

"I don't know why you'd even ask that because that's one of the reasons I'm back to Montreal because I like the challenge," Kovalev said. "I want to show that this team is competitive and can still be in the playoffs and have a chance to win the Stanley Cup."

I ****ing love that, and this whole article, everything that Carbo and Kovy said. They are class acts and not a bunch of sniveling babies like half the posters on this board and I'm so glad for that. Christ, I was ok with the rambling, crying and outright pathetic displays by some people after the tiny little comment but after reading this I just feel outraged that people feel the need to whine so much, and that the media in major cities, not just Montreal, is a ****ing heap of **** and I don't see how people give it so much attention. It's a pile of bubbling, disgusting ****. I wish everyone took this approach with the media, just say 'yes' and 'no' and let them try to find something, no doubt they would, because they are IN SOME INSTANCES, absolutely pathetic.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

damn right!...i'll join in Kovy in his media boycott

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Turbo

I hope Carbonneau told him what happens when you give the media a real "F U" finger, just in case.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post

Carbo said yesterday he and Kovy enjoy each other and have no problems, today Kovalev says the same thing...I believe both of them and I hope it continues.
And Gainey-Carbo said last season they believed Kovalev when he was first saying he didn't gave that interview. Believe what you want, but be more respectfull of your intelligence.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Typical Kovalev. Say one thing, next day blame the media for "twisting your words".
Because the media is completely innocent.

I'm not exactly saying Kovalev is telling the truth, but you can't be sure who's right and who's wrong.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

Damn! Kovy 3 Media 0

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Stephen Locke*

Kovalev sent a clear message to the Montreal media.
On this issue ,I entirely support him.

They exaggerated this to make it a big affair.

After all, we can all agree that Kovalev showed some leadership in
telling the mistake that led to the Panthers tying goal tuesday night?Tha Class boys.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I think he includes bloggers in his comments.

More seriously, src will soon show an interview they made with Kovalev for the TV magazine "enquête" (altough I am sure I already saw part of it). A journalist team went to Russia this summer and interviewed Kovalev and others. He talked about his relation with Carbonneau in that interview... so you guys will understand what relation Carbo and Kovalev had last year.

As for the rest, I don't consider the medias made the story: it got off Kovalev's mouth, and that's it. He made an error, and that's all. Still, the medias could now move to something else, but this comment, as Waffledave points it by reporting it on this board, will create an other mediatic wave, and we'll still read about it just because Kovalev spoke to the medias this morning.... again.
They specifically asked him "What would you have done differently" to encite an issue out of nothing. Kovalev answered, but so what.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
No, but seriously. He says "Maybe we should've called a timeout to get the right players on the ice", not "Carbo's a ****ing moron and I want him to die in a fire", yet it still somehow gets blown up into a whole thing about Kovalev and Carbo being at eachother's throats. It was ridiculous how out of proportion the whole thing got.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Quiet Robert

I don't know, I think it's just sad that a few ********** have given the entire Montreal media a bag image. Simply among the excellent journalists, ignoring radio personalities we have: Red Fisher, Brunet, Pedneault (Used to be great, not always excellent these days, Gagnon, Pat Hickey etc...We have a lot of excellent reporters, probably moreso than most cities. But there are a few on air personalities, less than a handful journalists who are just ****ing useless tools that give the whole media a bad name.

We basically have four tools; "the four horseman of the ****storm" who ruin everything for everyone:

Jack Todd
Michel Villeneuve
Réjean Tremblay
Michel Bergeron

If these four were permanently barred from speaking or writing anything in public, our media wouldn't be viewed so negatively imo.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
mtl_felix

Good job, Kovy!

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:12 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
No, but seriously. He says "Maybe we should've called a timeout" and it somehow gets blown up into a whole thing about Kovalev and Carbo being at eachother's throats. It was ridiculous how out of proportion the whole thing got.
Exactly, especially considering he was answering a direct question of what he do differently. He wasn't even upset about it, he was like 'maybe it would have worked', it was just an idea. Yeeesh... why people waste effort trying to find reasons to dislike their team or the players, staff of their team I don't know. I prefer to put my energy into loving the Habs and loving their players. And when I see a guy, who doesn't mince words, say what he said in this article, it makes me really happy to be a fan of the Habs and Kovalev, and believe it or not, Carbonneau too. Unless they start killing puppies or truly sucking it up, which I don't believe either have, then I will continue to be a fan of them. I don't care if Kovy says 'maybe I would have taken a time-out', it seriously blows my mind how far that went.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
And Gainey-Carbo said last season they believed Kovalev when he was first saying he didn't gave that interview. Believe what you want, but be more respectfull of your intelligence.
No tape, no proof!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
un_lavalois*

IM NEXT @ CKAC!!! Im Patrick