HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: ranger jersey wearing at non ranger games?

Old
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
OT: ranger jersey wearing at non ranger games?

Hey guys,

Its my friends birthday on Sat and hes already bought 10 tickets for the Devils VS Islanders out on the Island and I have no choice but to go since hes my best friend.

I've been to the Island once already to watch NYR/NYI and we lost (I really hated the whole chicken song dance where at the end they yell "the rangers suck!)

anyway, I've got plans to wear my Jagr jersey at the game.. anyone think I'll be gettin myself into a little something heated or would it be disrepectful? I mean I hate the Islanders and the Devils.. lol...

Thoughts? Has anyone done this before?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Jay88*

Im sure it can caus etension, hopefully its nothing to out of hand. Its really your call. You apparentley no it ca stir something up, so do what pleases you.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

You should bring an Islanders Yashin jersey with the C on

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Smashley

do it you wont do it

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Hey guys,

Its my friends birthday on Sat and hes already bought 10 tickets for the Devils VS Islanders out on the Island and I have no choice but to go since hes my best friend.

I've been to the Island once already to watch NYR/NYI and we lost (I really hated the whole chicken song dance where at the end they yell "the rangers suck!)

anyway, I've got plans to wear my Jagr jersey at the game.. anyone think I'll be gettin myself into a little something heated or would it be disrepectful? I mean I hate the Islanders and the Devils.. lol...

I don't think it's being disrespectful, but I always thought that people that wears jerseys of teams that aren't playing just look like idiots. It's like they're lost or something. Really, what would you be trying to prove by doing that?

I'm a Devils fan, but if I ever got tickets to a Rangers-Islanders game (which I'd love to see live), I wouldn't even consider wearing a Devils jersey to the game.

But hey...do what you want...if wearing the jersey means that much to you...

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:57 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Hey guys,

man up and wear it, if fact I'll lend you my Hollweg jersey and you can wear that, seriously its fun.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
HF_Rangers

My buddy wears a Rangers jersey to Seton Hall basketball games. Needless to say, he gets a lot of crap for it.

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:45 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
man up and wear it, if fact I'll lend you my Hollweg jersey and you can wear that, seriously its fun.
I'm wearin it. Let ya know how it goes.

Old
10-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

meet your friends after the game..

what sucks about going to a Devils Islanders game is you have to root for the Refs..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ive been to plenty of Thrashers games where the Rangers werent playing, and ive always worn my rangers jersey.

Thrashers fans are classy though, i never hear anything from them even at the rangers game, leave alone when another team is playing here.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:55 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
alright, like to see feedback

Old
10-18-2007, 11:56 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

what sucks about going to a Devils Islanders game is you have to root for the Refs..
way to truth, I can't bet on those teams, hate em both

Old
10-19-2007, 01:17 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
actually, the thing that sucks is that you can't hope the flyers' plane crashes into the building while the game is happening.

or you can if you are into sacrificing for the greater good.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Potvins Cups

Quote:
Hey guys,

As a hockey fan there's obviously nothing wrong with going to a hockey game that doesn't involve your team. Especially since it's for your friend's birthday. But I can GUARANTEE if you wear that jersey you should expect to get abused for it. I'm not saying anyone will try and beat you up but everytime you get up and go to the bathroom or walk up and down those stairs you will be serenaded with "*******! *******! *******!". You also will be abused in the parking lot and in the hallways. Unless your a little kid then you'll be OK.

Not trying to be an a-hole but just giving you a heads up on what to expect. What section are you sitting in?

Potvins Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

You're gonna catch a lot of crap, especially with our slow start.

If you want to get harassed all day just to make a statement of supporting your team, go for it.

If you want to sit back and enjoy the game, don't.

I go to a few Devils games every year since I'm so close, and I don't wear my Rangers jersey to the games. When I go to another teams game, I just want to relax and enjoy the game. I save my confrontations and drama for when the Rangers are playing

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Potvins Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
You're gonna catch a lot of crap, especially with our slow start.

If you want to get harassed all day just to make a statement of supporting your team, go for it.

If you want to sit back and enjoy the game, don't.

I go to a few Devils games every year since I'm so close, and I don't wear my Rangers jersey to the games. When I go to another teams game, I just want to relax and enjoy the game. I save my confrontations and drama for when the Rangers are playing
Smart.

Potvins Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Potvin Sucks.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
To add to Thordic's post: when I go to games that don't feature the Rangers, I wear my Finland international jersey. If you have a USA jersey, you'll probably get some drinks bought for you...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
To add to Thordic's post: when I go to games that don't feature the Rangers, I wear my Finland international jersey. If you have a USA jersey, you'll probably get some drinks bought for you...

I don't have one! But thats a good idea too!

I'm stickin with my Jagr jersey or maybe my old Leetch one. A Hollweg jersey would have been nice but I don't have one!

Old
10-19-2007, 12:23 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potvins Cups View Post
As a hockey fan there's obviously nothing wrong with going to a hockey game that doesn't involve your team. Especially since it's for your friend's birthday. But I can GUARANTEE if you wear that jersey you should expect to get abused for it. I'm not saying anyone will try and beat you up but everytime you get up and go to the bathroom or walk up and down those stairs you will be serenaded with "*******! *******! *******!". You also will be abused in the parking lot and in the hallways. Unless your a little kid then you'll be OK.

Not trying to be an a-hole but just giving you a heads up on what to expect. What section are you sitting in?
I'd still wear my Hollweg jersey. Especailly with a gang of ranger fans which I go with, alone, depends if you want to take **** like this guy said, which is probably accurate.

Old
10-19-2007, 12:31 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Hey guys,

I wore my #35 white lunqvist jesey to the colisuem, Rangers vs. Sabres...no problems at all. I even stood and cheered for the Sabres goals, still no problems. Just a couple of wierd looks thats all. I only got one verbal comment "I think your in the wrong arena buddy"

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:

Then you should wear a refs jersey. When I go to a game that is a non Devils game I like to wear my Whalers or Winnipeg Jets Jerseys. I get love from both Rangers and Isles fans. If im at a Flyers game not v.s Devils I'll wear some of my minor leauge game jerseys.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
yeah!!! i would do that. I wear my jersey everywhere, to school, to the supermaket, to sleep EVERY night, as a sweatshirt when its cold, EVERYWHERE! If i went to a anyother team game i would wear my rangers jersey, even if it was a soccer game or something. do it!!

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
I wore my #35 white lunqvist jesey to the colisuem, Rangers vs. Sabres...no problems at all. I even stood and cheered for the Sabres goals, still no problems. Just a couple of wierd looks thats all. I only got one verbal comment "I think your in the wrong arena buddy"
what? why would you cheer for the sabres?

Old
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
I don't have one! But thats a good idea too!

I'm stickin with my Jagr jersey or maybe my old Leetch one. A Hollweg jersey would have been nice but I don't have one!
wear it. only true ranger fans would! whats a game without the rangers?