HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Renney's butt has got to be on the line right?

Old
10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
BklyNYR4Life

vCash: 500
So Renney's butt has got to be on the line right?

let me first say I'm a Renney supporter. he understands the game very well and has been the first rangers coach in who knows how long to implement a system that all his players buy into, and has all of their respect. all of this which has gone leaps and bounds to changing the culture of the franchise back to what it should always be.

that being said, I feel he should be looking over his shoulder if things dont start turning around soon. if Hartley could be canned for going 0-6 on a team that at best is battling for its own division crown, how can Renney's job be much safer when a team that is by and large considered a serious cup favorite comes out of the gate going 2-4? I expected there to be some growing pains with this entire team, but from the bits and pieces I have seen (due to work the only games I get to actually watch are west-coast road trips and games I attend) the entire team has looked horribly out of sync. line juggle all you want to spark the offense (which up until tonight I think was our biggest problem) but eventually you just need to rip into the team to get everyone on the same page.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
The Thomas J.*

I think Renney will be ok 4 the time being.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

This is NOT to be taken as a troll-like comment. My intentions are benevolent.

But has Renney turned in a coaching performance worthy of any praise at all during his tenure as a Ranger? Even when the team was peaking last season and the year before, it seemed a lot more player oriented than it did a coach's work-of-art. And I always find myself questioning many of his lineup decisions with regards to who to sit, play, etc.

Have Ranger fans at any point in time been really overly thrilled with Renney?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Mrpuck

No. We're 2-4, it's not the end of the world. Growing pains is right. They have looked lost many games, but there have also been some offensive spark at times. They've unfortunately run into some great goaltending.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
ThirdEye

It's not going to happen. The sample size is just too small. You can either blame it on the coach or the team, but it's just too hard to say which one is responsible right now...

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Jim Ramsay

Please tell me this thread is not really coming up already 6 games in to the season.....After the Rangers recover in a few games and go on a winning streak we'll look back and laugh in jest at this thread...

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think Sather and the team respect Renney too much to let him go. That isnt so say it will never happen, but I just dont see it happening any time soon regardless of the record. Call it a gut feeling.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBud View Post
This is NOT to be taken as a troll-like comment. My intentions are benevolent.

But has Renney turned in a coaching performance worthy of any praise at all during his tenure as a Ranger? Even when the team was peaking last season and the year before, it seemed a lot more player oriented than it did a coach's work-of-art. And I always find myself questioning many of his lineup decisions with regards to who to sit, play, etc.

Have Ranger fans at any point in time been really overly thrilled with Renney?

Most of us question a lot of his moves and such, but his coaching is worth something. He's gotten us to the PO's to straight years after no coach could do it for like 8 or something, we'll see after this season. No I don't think he's on the Hot Seat.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

No way renney would be fired this early in the season after his last two seasons here, so stop the nonsense. Last year we thought the team wasn't going to make the playoffs. They were so far down at one point, then they turned it on at the right time. It's still VERY early, so calm down.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
NYRMatt

Here comes the Renney bashing.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
If we're below .500 come mid december or so, then maybe. but it's wayyyyyyyy too early to blame any individual really.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Malik didn't play so someone has to be thrown under the bus.

Sometimes it seems that 1/2 the threads here should be labeled "Time to commit suicide".

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:33 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
If we're below .500 come mid december or so, then maybe. but it's wayyyyyyyy too early to blame any individual really.
Tell that to Hartley.. and apparently Malik..

Old
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Malik didn't play so someone has to be thrown under the bus.

Sometimes it seems that 1/2 the threads here should be labeled "Time to commit suicide".
sad but true, it seems rangers fans are very bi-polar, Win and they're high as a kite, lose and they want to burn down their house.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
I'm not saying he SHOULD be fired, I started by saying I'm a Renney fan, and this opening stretch while frustrating, is not really too unexpected. I'm simply questioning whether its possible its going to happen is all.

Old
10-18-2007, 09:35 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
I'm not saying he SHOULD be fired, I started by saying I'm a Renney fan, and this opening stretch while frustrating, is not really too unexpected. I'm simply questioning whether its possible its going to happen is all.
I didn't say you said Renney should be fired. Threads like these lead to more threads such as this one. That leads to even more threads and eventually over time, Renney will be bashed throughout this Ranger section.

Old
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
heatley_fan*

Rangers fans shouldn't lose faith. Sens started badly last year as well and picked it up as the season went along...

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky4681 View Post
Rangers fans shouldn't lose faith. Sens started badly last year as well and picked it up as the season went along...
Thank you for the encouragement, I hope you are correct!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
Please tell me this thread is not really coming up already 6 games in to the season.....After the Rangers recover in a few games and go on a winning streak we'll look back and laugh in jest at this thread...
You do realize a "win streak" at this point would result in ohhhh 5-4 maybe? ...super cup contender status there

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:06 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
sad but true, it seems rangers fans are very bi-polar, Win and they're high as a kite, lose and they want to burn down their house.
Your crazy, I won't burn down my house...

But I might someone else's

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

The Sky Is Falling...the Sky Is Falling.....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
I didn't say you said Renney should be fired. Threads like these lead to more threads such as this one. That leads to even more threads and eventually over time, Renney will be bashed throughout this Ranger section.
thats a lot of threads, what are we knitting?

I just figured it would be a decent topic of discussion, seeing as how we were playing Atlanta who just axed their coach. but the hockey climate up here is much different, and once this team gets rolling all will be fine.

Old
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
thats a lot of threads, what are we knitting?

I just figured it would be a decent topic of discussion, seeing as how we were playing Atlanta who just axed their coach. but the hockey climate up here is much different, and once this team gets rolling all will be fine.
Just as long as this doesn't mount into a lot more Renney threads than I'm fine with it.

When Avery and Hossa return, Renney gets these lines situated. We are going to look great out there.

Old
10-18-2007, 10:42 PM
isles20*

LOL guys, its only 6 games. Most Rag$ fans i know, knew they were going to start off bad. They need to get their chemistry down. It will take time but once it happens, you guys will be good.

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 01:33 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky4681 View Post
I'd actually be more worried if I was a Sens fan. It's hard to keep this pace up for so long. Ask Buffalo last year, or the Rangers 2 years ago.

Hockey is just an interesting game to watch until January. Then it's serious business.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote