HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough of the overreaction

Old
10-18-2007, 11:22 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Every time I see your avy I think it's Lord Chezz posting for some reason.
Thank the board member who made the pic. He said that it was all Laps needed to get back into the NHL.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:23 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHice View Post
kovalev would be soo much more dominant playin with saku, right now kovalev is playing on lines by himself
EXACTEMENT!!!

Old
10-18-2007, 11:27 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
this thread is useless, its dumb, and i expect you to get flamed.
I really love this thread.

What about firing the fans who want to fire someone after every lost?

And please don't tell me you want to fire the people who wants to fire the fans who want to fire someone after every lost, because that would be much too much complicated.

But firing the coach, that's easy to understand. Yes we just lost by one goal against the best team in the league, but firing the coach is the obvious solution. Just like we fired Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien and Julien. That helped the team a lot.

I don't now how many coaches we need to fire to be a cup contender, but 5 seems like a sexy number. So let's fire the coach, as always. It's always the coach's fault if Dandenault can't score 50 goals and lead us to the stanley cup anyway. That's obvious.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

And please don't tell me you want to fire the people who wants to fire the fans who want to fire someone after every lost, because that would be much too much complicated.

But firing the coach, that's easy to understand. Yes we just lost by one goal against the best team in the league, but firing the coach is the obvious solution. Just like we fired Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien and Julien. That helped the team a lot.

I don't now how many coaches we need to fire to be a cup contender, but 5 seems like a sexy number. So let's fire the coach, as always. It's always the coach's fault if Dandenault can't score 50 goals and lead us to the stanley cup anyway. That's obvious.
maybe if we would hire a coach that has COACHING EXPERIENCE we wouldnt have all the problems we've had.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plecks-Kosty

Lats-Smoke-Grabs (or better yet Laps)
Begin-Chips-Dandy

These two top lines could double as the pp units (and already have developed chemistry when the PP comes around)

Old
10-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Oh My God! We're gonna die !!!

Ok , I have to say first that I am a very emotive person and nothing piss me off more then to have to see the Habs lost like tonight , but calm down guys its only the 6th game ... anyway we knew at the start of the season that we had a couple of young guys again this year , is it Carbo fault!? No. The team really lacks of finishing and the coach cant score on the ice , the sens didnt overplayed us, Kostopoulos mistake was big I know but again he came from LA and play a defensive role against the top line of the NHL tonight , this guy is a 4th liner , he will do a lot of mistakes so ... Am I the only one who is tired of seeing everyone put the blame on Carbo!? Ok then fires him and he is gonna sign with an other team and gonna bring them into the playoffs and will be nominate for the Jack Adams , we will see in newspapers '' Montreal let an other good coach goes '' and bla bla bla , sorry guys but I had to said it . I dont post a lot but man I'm tired of negative in Montreal , our future is bright ! Am I the only one who thinks positively !?

P.S sorry for the faults in english , Im a french canadien

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
P.S sorry for the faults in english , Im a french canadien
We need to dress more of you on the team!

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:38 PM
revin5*

Has anyone else noticed that Kovalev seems to have pretty good chemistry with Latendresse? And Lats actually seems to know where Kovalev is or will be...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder < They play great together, and no matter what anyone has to say, Ryder has been playing like a 40/40 man this year
Latendresse-Grabovski-Kovalev
Smolinski-Plekanec-Kostitsyn < Kosty is a right wing.. just saying.
Begin-Chipchura-Dandenault/Kostopoulos

I'm going to say this... I like Kostopoulos, he plays a good game... cost us the game tonight, but blame Carbo. However, I think Dandy is outplaying him for the 4th line RW spot that he should be on... I'd even prefer see Dandenault on the 3rd over Kosto.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
We need to dress more of you on the team!
hehe I swear I would put my heart on the ice

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:44 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin5 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Kovalev seems to have pretty good chemistry with Latendresse? And Lats actually seems to know where Kovalev is or will be...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder < They play great together, and no matter what anyone has to say, Ryder has been playing like a 40/40 man this year
Latendresse-Grabovski-Kovalev
Smolinski-Plekanec-Kostitsyn < Kosty is a right wing.. just saying.
Begin-Chipchura-Dandenault/Kostopoulos

I'm going to say this... I like Kostopoulos, he plays a good game... cost us the game tonight, but blame Carbo. However, I think Dandy is outplaying him for the 4th line RW spot that he should be on... I'd even prefer see Dandenault on the 3rd over Kosto.

That only occurred tonight, as far as i am aware.

Old
10-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Reuben

Quote:

I don't know how many more coaches need to be fired before they figure it out. we all know hiring a new coach will instantly solve our problems and turn our medicore squad into a cup contender, but soon enough it will be his fault too.

for some people it seems like there watching rerun after rerun after rerun and still being surprised by what happens. maybe a couple more reruns before some figure it out.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Reuben

Quote:
maybe if we would hire a coach that has COACHING EXPERIENCE we wouldnt have all the problems we've had.
it's all the coaches fault though.

Old
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Reuben

oh Carbo what have you done now.

Old
10-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
oh Carbo what have you done now.

oh Reuben what have you done now.

Stop whining on all the threads and just ignore them.

For me, it's too soon to start bashing on Carbo.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Claude Julien : 0,707 winning percentage in QMJHL, 3 years as the Bulldogs head coach (won the best head coach award), head coach of 3 NHL teams (Montreal, NJ, Boston). = 8 years of coaching

Alain Vigneault : 10 years of being a head coach in QMJHL (over 0,500% for 7 years out of 10), 4 years as an assistant coach with Ottawa (NHL), one year as a head coach in the AHL, now a head coach for his 5th year in the NHL (MTL, Vancouver) = 20 years of coaching

Michel Therrien : 4 years of head coaching in QJMHL (0,699 winning % and a Memorial Cup), 7 years of head coaching in the AHL with 2 teams (6 times over 0,500%), now his 6th years as a head coach in the NHL. = 15 years of coaching

Mario Tremblay : 2 years of head coaching Montreal (NHL) with a winning percentage of over 0,500 with a very bad team, 6 years of being an assistant coach in Minnesota = 8 years of coaching.

Guy Carbonneau : 2 years as an assistant coach in Montreal (NHL), now his 2nd year as head coach = 4 years of coaching.

TOTAL COMBINED = 55 YEARS OF COACHING

Now, this is what I call experience. Not you?

Old
10-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
oh Reuben what have you done now.

Stop whining on all the threads and just ignore them.

For me, it's too soon to start bashing on Carbo.
yeah i'll try to ignore them but it's tough. i'm just going to type this instead of arguing. Carbo

add it to the Gainey one that is going around, i'll pad my post count with it so maybe i'll seem smarter.

Old
10-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Claude Julien : 0,707 winning percentage in QMJHL, 3 years as the Bulldogs head coach (won the best head coach award), head coach of 3 NHL teams (Montreal, NJ, Boston). = 8 years of coaching

Alain Vigneault : 10 years of being a head coach in QMJHL (over 0,500% for 7 years out of 10), 4 years as an assistant coach with Ottawa (NHL), one year as a head coach in the AHL, now a head coach for his 5th year in the NHL (MTL, Vancouver) = 20 years of coaching

Michel Therrien : 4 years of head coaching in QJMHL (0,699 winning % and a Memorial Cup), 7 years of head coaching in the AHL with 2 teams (6 times over 0,500%), now his 6th years as a head coach in the NHL. = 15 years of coaching

Mario Tremblay : 2 years of head coaching Montreal (NHL) with a winning percentage of over 0,500 with a very bad team, 6 years of being an assistant coach in Minnesota = 8 years of coaching.

Guy Carbonneau : 2 years as an assistant coach in Montreal (NHL), now his 2nd year as head coach = 4 years of coaching.

TOTAL COMBINED = 55 YEARS OF COACHING

Now, this is what I call experience. Not you?

Ive been coaching 7 years, so if you add me, its 62 years of coaching, not bad.

Now when they were hired, tell me how much experience they had as a HEAD coach in the NHL.

Julien - 0
Tremblay - 0
Therrien - 0
Vigneault - 0
Carbonneau - 0

Old
10-19-2007, 12:39 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Ive been coaching 7 years, so if you add me, its 62 years of coaching, not bad.

Now when they were hired, tell me how much experience they had as a HEAD coach in the NHL.

Julien - 0
Tremblay - 0
Therrien - 0
Vigneault - 0
Carbonneau - 0
When they were first hired in the NHL, do you know how many years of experience Scotty Bowman, Toe Blake, Claude Ruel, Al Arbour, Fred Shero, Glen Sather, Pat Burns, Jacques Demers and Pat Quinn had combined???

Old
10-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
When they were first hired in the NHL, do you know how many years of experience Scotty Bowman, Toe Blake, Claude Ruel, Al Arbour, Fred Shero, Glen Sather, Pat Burns, Jacques Demers and Pat Quinn had combined???

Did they have teams FILLED with young guys who need to LEARN how to play in the NHL and are gaining experience or teams that had STARS and HIGH END TALENT

Old
10-19-2007, 12:49 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Did they have teams FILLED with young guys who need to LEARN how to play in the NHL and are gaining experience or teams that had STARS and HIGH END TALENT
So what you're saying is that Scotty Bowman, Toe Blake, Claude Ruel, Al Arbour, Fred Shero, Glen Sather, Pat Burns, Jacques Demers and Pat Quinn were good coaches ONLY because they had good players in front of them?

What you're saying is that experience with coaching YOUNG PLAYERS in the AHL and in QJMHL doesn't count at all?

What you're saying is that Guy Carbonneau doesn't have enough experience in the NHL to teach young players how to play?

What you're saying is that we should only hire the coaches that have been fired by other NHL teams?

Well, it's your opinion, but I strongly disagree.

Old
10-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBasta View Post
lock or lick this thread?
You don't even have to complain about that thread, you've posted before
some worst threads than this one actually.

Koivu out please...do you actually remember?

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
AND CARBONNEAU, AND MULLER, AND GAINEY, AND GILLETTE, AND JARVIS, AND MELANSON, AND THE STICK BOY, AND THE WATER BOY, AND THE GUY SITTING IN ROW BB SEAT 7

Mitchell
Even in jest that is a little harsh, he just had surgery. As long as you keep him sitting in his hospital bed if he still needs to be there, then fair enough. But if you are going to drag him all the way to the press box, I'm not sure he would appreciate it

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Agalloch

Chantal Maccabé

Agalloch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Theberge43

Everybody needs to calm down ...

Yes the Habs are 2 & 4.
Yes we have some trouble finding the back of the net.
Yes our players make some errors (brain cramps).

But overall, I think we knew this season would be a tough one for the Habs, and I personally think that they have played pretty well since the beginning of the season and we had a chance to win every game.

Let's stop the "demote this guy", "trade this one" & "fire the coach" ... we all know it ain't going to happen.

I think Bob & Guy have to focus on getting all the young guys ready for next season and on getting a impact center.

Don't worry, the wins will come and the future is bright.

Theberge43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

No, you're out of order!

Nah, the habs are doing just fine right now. Its only 6 games in, there are 76 left so who knows, could end up 78-3-1?