HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some positives

Old
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Some positives

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder is starting to look like a real first line. I know they aren't scoring much right now but they will, they are creating way too many chances not to. They have been dangerous in every single game and the chemistry these guys have is awesome.

Higgins is really starting to turn into a star. I don't know what he did this summer but the kid suddenly has soft hands. I never thought Chris Higgins would be dangling behind the net and in the corners like Kovalev does. It's great to see and once he starts scoring, the goals will come in bunches. He'd be leading the league if he could finish half of them.

It's frustrating now, but he hasn't had a training camp and just had surgery a month ago. I'll be worried if the same thing is happening 5 games from now.

Ryder looks like a totally different player. He's faster, smarter, grittier...Reminds me of Rookie Ryder. The guy is backchecking, making sweet plays...He's actually creating chances and dangling! Without losing the puck! He lost alot of weight and it really shows.

Koivu +2
Higgins +1
Ryder even

Brisebois is even too, and Hamrlik was +2 before tonight (now he's even).

Kovalev is playing really well too, him alone is making the 2nd line dangerous.

The 4th line, well, mainly Begin-Dandenault at least, are excellent. They were flying tonight and are even creating chances. Dandenault up front is a huge improvement (on his play) and generally the defence is very good, especially Bouillon. They both benefited from being split up.

That's about it. Feel free to add what you think has been good.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:33 PM
HockeyF3ind

Kovalev appears determined to make up for last year. He wants to shine, but more importantly he wants the team to shine. I think he's going to earn his A this season.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Kovalev appears determined to make up for last year. He wants to shine, but more importantly he wants the team to shine. I think he's going to earn his A this season.
agreed, he even smiled after his goal tonight, he NEVER smiles

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Higgins-Koivu-Ryder is starting to look like a real first line. I know they aren't scoring much right now but they will, they are creating way too many chances not to. They have been dangerous in every single game and the chemistry these guys have is awesome.

Higgins is really starting to turn into a star. I don't know what he did this summer but the kid suddenly has soft hands. I never thought Chris Higgins would be dangling behind the net and in the corners like Kovalev does. It's great to see and once he starts scoring, the goals will come in bunches. He'd be leading the league if he could finish half of them.

It's frustrating now, but he hasn't had a training camp and just had surgery a month ago. I'll be worried if the same thing is happening 5 games from now.

Ryder looks like a totally different player. He's faster, smarter, grittier...Reminds me of Rookie Ryder. The guy is backchecking, making sweet plays...He's actually creating chances and dangling! Without losing the puck! He lost alot of weight and it really shows.

Koivu +2
Higgins +1
Ryder even

Brisebois is even too, and Hamrlik was +2 before tonight (now he's even).

Kovalev is playing really well too, him alone is making the 2nd line dangerous.

The 4th line, well, mainly Begin-Dandenault at least, are excellent. They were flying tonight and are even creating chances. Dandenault up front is a huge improvement (on his play) and generally the defence is very good, especially Bouillon. They both benefited from being split up.

That's about it. Feel free to add what you think has been good.

Ture that... hopefully it stays that way.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

you didnt mention goalies...Our goalies have been good, not that we didnt expect that but they are making the saves

Old
10-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Turbo

Goaltending. Whether it's Huet or Price, they're giving the Habs a chance to win every night so far.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:42 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
you didnt mention goalies...Our goalies have been good, not that we didnt expect that but they are making the saves
Very true, didn't even think of that...Was on a different wavelength. Huet and Price have been very, very good.

I'm so stoked about Price. He's had 2 good outings against very good teams. They didn't play their best, granted, but he's also 20 years old and has played 2 NHL games.

I particularly like his puckhandling. He doesn't mess it up like Huet, and he made some sweet Brodeur/Turco-esque passes.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:42 PM
MathMan

The power play is now 7 for 28. Not exactly the disaster some people were predicting.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Guy Caballero

Guys, this was a decent game for the Habs. We hung in with the best team in the league all night on their turf and never looked like we didn't belong there. In fact, if it weren't for a couple of "Kost"ly blunders, we might have pulled it out.

Lots to build on here.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Guys, this was a decent game for the Habs. We hung in with the best team in the league all night on their turf and never looked like we didn't belong there. In fact, if it weren't for a couple of "Kost"ly blunders, we might have pulled it out.

Lots to build on here.
u missed the start of the second period??

Old
10-18-2007, 11:49 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
u missed the start of the second period??
Very true.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:52 PM
_DrMario_

Souray
6 1 1 2 -3

Breezer
5 0 2 2 +0

Come on that's pretty funny.

_DrMario_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
we might have a good draft position comes june !

I had to ruin the parade ..

seriously we have some good hockey players..
the obvious: Higgins,Koivu,Kovalev(when he wants),Huet,Markov,Komisarek,Plekanec...
I could include Hamrlik,Price but its still very soon to make a proper judgment on them now

the rest is pretty much not on par!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DrMario_ View Post
Souray
6 1 1 2 -3

Breezer
5 0 2 2 +0

Come on that's pretty funny.
Or money well spent.
I'm sure Souray would've been doing better if he had Markov setting him up.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
TroyM

I agree there are plenty of positives but a big one missing from your post in my opinion is Plekanec! He's been a monster the last couple games and along with the top line + Kovy, he was everywhere tonight and looked GREAT. I'm loving his play.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
goalchenyuk

Transition game ...

That's what i like . Until now , we were competitive in each game . We have more shuts on goal , we aren't outplayed like we were last seasons .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Reuben

the fact that there is a positives thread is a positive. good break from the it's all the coaches fault posts.

oh and i just wanted to ask does Carbo get credit for any of these postives people have listed?
or do the players derserve all the credit to themselves for there on ice play?

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Kebekoi

Souray is injured

PS: Whiners

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Istvan

The Habs competed tonight. The offense created scoring chances and the goals will come. For the most part the D was solid. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 or 5 game winning streak coming up.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:51 AM
zurg999

Notice Ottawa started but then switched Alfredson-Spezza-Heatley away from Koivu's line? That speaks a lot to how well the Habs first line is playing. Even after the switch I thought that the other lines did a decent job of trading chances with Ottawas big three.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:53 AM
znk

Habs have shown up almost every period of every game. The defensive play appears to be better.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Netro

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Transition game ...

That's what i like . Until now , we were competitive in each game . We have more shuts on goal , we aren't outplayed like we were last seasons .
So far, the Habs do appear better 5 on 5 despite the lack of results. I like the effort I see as well. Quite simply, the Habs need to get better at burying their chances. They have not been too opportunistic on the offense end.

The pp looks really creative. They have made some nice adjustments now that they don't have Souray's big shot on the point.

There 4 losses, 2 were in OT or SO, last night was a 1 goal game and the Carolina loss was essentially a 1 goal game (empty net) though they did have some trouble, at times, against the Canes. (The Canes look GREAT this year)

While I am not happy with the results thus far, I am quietly happy about the way they are playing. And I am not surprised by the lack of consistency at times because young players will be inconsistent.

There are holes on this team but there is a long way to go.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Agalloch

Except for the Panthers game that we should have won.... we played against tough teams.

Carolina 2X

Ottawa

Thats half of the games against the hottest teams at this season's beginning.

We did win against the other teams... (except freakin panthers).

I'm not afraid at all about this season.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Latendresse just came off his best performance against ottawa... maybe carbo finally got a fire lit under gui's ass after sitting him out.

Ryder finally got a goal and this could be the start of a hot streak.... he's a streaky guy production wise but he's played excellent so far IMO

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Pat H

That was another tough loss but the team played well. If they keep this sort of effort up and start to score regularly then the wins will start coming. Latendresse looked good last night, and the team over all was creating good traffic in front of Gerber.

Pat H is offline   Reply With Quote