HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Believe!!!

Old
10-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
I have ZERO faith in this organization. Win or Lose I'm still here, but since the 'Dark Seasons' I have no expectations. 4 cups in 80 years? It's hard getting jazzed every season with that type of success rate. The odds are always better that the Rangers will have a bad season.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Edge

You know I can't exactly explain why, but for whatever reason I'm not terribly concerned about this season.

I guess maybe I just see something in their play that convinces me that once they start clicking they are really going to roll.

I could certainly be wrong, but I'm just not to the worried stage yet.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
You know I can't exactly explain why, but for whatever reason I'm not terribly concerned about this season.

I guess maybe I just see something in their play that convinces me that once they start clicking they are really going to roll.

I could certainly be wrong, but I'm just not to the worried stage yet.
I agree, Edge. When they put in the effort, it's like watch another team. Even during the Atlanta game, the moment their embarrassment peaked they decided to play, it's like watching a different squad.

Old
10-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I agree, Edge. When they put in the effort, it's like watch another team. Even during the Atlanta game, the moment their embarrassment peaked they decided to play, it's like watching a different squad.
I think that kind of touches on it. I guess, deep down, I don't see this as a squad that's not going to try. I see this as a squad that just doesn't know how to play their games together yet.

I see guys willing to stick up for one another, and I REALLY like that. I like that Orr is willing. I like that Hollweg is willing. I like that Shanahan is willing, even at 38.

I look at some of the names and I believe they'll be okay. I think it's going to take time, but there's something there.

I'm not saying this team is going to win the cup. But there are certain elements that remind of 1994. The slow start, the veterans who have one good season left in them, the infusion of youth.

I almost view the Atlanta game as what the Tampa Bay game was in 1994.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
blue425

Not even close to panicing.

If we are 6-20-5 at the New Year then Ill worry.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I almost view the Atlanta game as what the Tampa Bay game was in 1994.
Bottom? That moment where everything fails at once. Now, this team will either rise up or continue to languish. Like you, I see the names and feel they are incapable of languishing.

Old
10-20-2007, 02:16 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

i believe in them but it is nice to win. Loosing hurts, like today our soccer team was 13-0 for the season, the first ever JV team to do it, and our goalie has been injured for the past few weeks so we put in the most worst possible choice, and we lost. What made it even worse was i scored . The only other semi-good goalie playes wing and my coach said "I would rather have someone who can score goals." That annoyed me sooo much cause we have other players on our team who can score just as much or morew then she can. We'll anyway theres this person just like nylander. She does all the fancy footwork but never shoots the ball

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote