HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Old dog, old tricks... Dale Purinton suspended 25 games

Old
10-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
LOL, that's the line of the thread right there.

And to respond to those who say "There was always something I liked about him," I can understand that.

Dale, for all of his problems, really did try. He was limited, but the guy just simply willed himself into the NHL. He wasn't a high pick, he was never a top fighter ANYWHERE, and he somehow turned himself into a bubble defenseman. In a lot of ways he was easy to root for because there is something magical about that tough kid who finds a way to make it, despite his limitations.

Dale was nuts. I can remember a story about him playing in the WHL where he wore the "C" on his sweater. The running joke is that they should've added an "L" in front of it to stand for Loose Cannon.

However, I do think he really tried and my experience with him was that he was always a cool guy.
Only Ranger to beat Brashear Grimpson and a few others that made the Rangers lifes hell. the kid is a nut job but he was a gutsy guy . Not of This NHL but man was he a Jimmy Mann Steve Durbano type of guy the 1970's would have made him a legend

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Does this mean the return of Emo Dale?

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
mattyd99

I'll never forget when JD referred to Dale Purinton as Bobby Orr after a nice pass through the neutral zone to set up a goal. Good times.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote