HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is La Presse being provocative ?

Old
10-19-2007, 05:14 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

vCash: 500
Is La Presse being provocative ?

Ok ... maybe I'm the only one to notice, but over the last 3 weeks I've recieved the Gazette and La Presse ( courtesy downstairs subway ), I'Ve had the opportunity of reading some of the Journal de Montreal Editorials on Canoe.ca.

Overall especially after Pat Hickey and some of the RDS staff came out against Rejean Tremblay I'm left with a feeling allot of the La Presse coverage has been extremely focused on the negative around the Habs.

Following the Kovy - Carbo incident recently, the Journal de Montreal only had a few editorials on the subject basically saying oh well ... Kovy is Kovy ... same thing for La Gazette, only Lapresse dwelled on it saying that Carbo was feeding the press BS on his relation with Kovy ...

So immediatly I'm thinking ... is their an agenda I'm not registering here ?

I MSN'd a few contacts and no one mentions an agenda from La Presse, but definitly a will to ( the french words are : Redorer son blazon ) legitimize themselves as what was judged around Quebec failed coverage by La Presse of the Briere story.

Bottom line

Anyone know something about La Presse I don't know that could help us understand the mentality in the Sports dept. ?

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Ismellofhockey

They've always had a penchant for the negative and it'll continue IMO as long as Tremblay stays. They can't seem to get over the dynasty days and everything is always depressing no matter how insignificant.
I guess they feel it sells more papers too but I can't understand why they don't calm down a bit and see that beyond politics and history and passion, it's still just a sport and a game and people watch the games and follow the Habs to have fun, not to wallow on every little flaw in management and/or the current version of the NHL.

Of course that's just my perception of the situation.

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

When reading some articles I have the impression they must know things we don't know about the Habs, Gillett, Boivin, Gainey, Koivu, Kovalev, etc... Because the facts they bring up can't justify the ill will against the club by some of the La Presse columnists. At some point, they'll have to disclose all the elements of their case against the Habs.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Ahhh just kick them all out.

10-19-2007, 06:32 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Ok ... maybe I'm the only one to notice, but over the last 3 weeks I've recieved the Gazette and La Presse ( courtesy downstairs subway ), I'Ve had the opportunity of reading some of the Journal de Montreal Editorials on Canoe.ca.

Overall especially after Pat Hickey and some of the RDS staff came out against Rejean Tremblay I'm left with a feeling allot of the La Presse coverage has been extremely focused on the negative around the Habs.

Following the Kovy - Carbo incident recently, the Journal de Montreal only had a few editorials on the subject basically saying oh well ... Kovy is Kovy ... same thing for La Gazette, only Lapresse dwelled on it saying that Carbo was feeding the press BS on his relation with Kovy ...

I MSN'd a few contacts and no one mentions an agenda from La Presse, but definitly a will to ( the french words are : Redorer son blazon ) legitimize themselves as what was judged around Quebec failed coverage by La Presse of the Briere story.

Bottom line

Anyone know something about La Presse I don't know that could help us understand the mentality in the Sports dept. ?
Michel Blanchard is running the department and Rejean Tremblay is an influancal guy in the sports section. They're both major idiots and you should know that already lol.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Kafka

Quote:
There is a difference between being critic and negative. Matthias Brunet reported the Kovalev interview, but also makes some papers on the team prospects.

I guess RDS is in a weird place to make journalism with the Habs... because they own the TV contract for several years... they are kind of "relation strategy" employees. As for Pat Hickey, I don't know... don't read him, so can't say a thing about him.

Quote:

I guess LaPresse journalists haven't diggested yet the Habs reaction last year after they got the story out. They were attacked on their credibility. Because of how the public relation responsible at Les Canadiens worked the story, I guess the LaPresse journalists now doubt about anything that is said.

As mentioned in an other thread, there will a "enquete" show soon about professionnal hockey in Russia. They interviewed Kovalev (http://sport.sympatico.msn.radio-can...sitemid=370739)... and surprisingly, he repeated what he said in that RUssian interview (although not that management was racist and all that stuff). He said that part of the problem with Carbonneau is a communication problem.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
1stly, Réjean Tremblay is a major PRlCK who suffers from a severe form of God complex. Maybe you knew that already...

He's been hatin on Gainey since he kicked the media off team flights in his 1st year. Plus his nalionalism has slowly evolved into a full blown anti-anglo paranoiac rage, which is a center-piece of most of his columns. And since he's like the Godfather of that paper's sports section, his influence taints a lot of what comes out of there...

Seriously, that bearded freak lives in the past and clearly hates the habs of today ; he needs to shut up and go do something else... Maybe another of his hilariously bad TV series, that people keep watching for some reason. Anyway, he shoul lay off the habs, he's got no objectivity anymore, hence no credibility in my book.

Last edited by Dr_Hook: 10-19-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote