HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: New Hampshire vs. Boston University- JVR Scores!

Old
10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Phunhog

vCash: 500
OT: New Hampshire vs. Boston University- JVR Scores!

Listened to the game ( i know i'm a loser) online. Sounded like JVR had a strong 3rd period. The announcers made it out that he made a sweet move to score. I know a few of you guys went to the game and can describe what happened. Anyway, New Hampshire 4 Boston University 1.

Phunhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Amateur Hour

JVR had the most disgusting move I've seen from a player his size. He was relatively quiet for the first 2 periods and was obviously frustrated (for no reason, he shoved a player after the whistle... I liked that though, showed a bit of a mean streak). In the 3rd period, though, UNH came on like gangbusters, and JVR was flying around the ice. He's smooth as a skater and fluid carrying the puck for a kid his size -- that's what kept sticking out to me most. JVR seemed to really wake up after he was rocked with a huge hit in the 3rd. After that, he was a man on a mission, just flying around the ice.

Now, for this move. He came across the blue line and was one-on-one against a defender who was trying to push him to the outside. All in one motion, Riemer put the puck between his legs (might have kicked the puck to himself, too, I don't remember because I was in shock as I watched), shielded off the defender with his inside shoulder, then beat the goalie with a snap shot to the far side. He completely undressed this poor defender and then flat-out beat the stunned goalie. He went nuts, jumped into the glass and was mobbed by his teammates -- it was his first collegiate goal. I too went nuts. I believe my exact words were, "What a ****ING move!" The whole crowd was stunned by what it had just seen. I've never seen a player that size pull off a move like that and look so smooth doing it. And he had the balls to pull off the move, too -- that's probably what I loved most.

JVR's going to continue to progress and learn how to play with his size, I have no doubts. We got a good one, people.

If the video ever makes it to YouTube, I'll be sure to post it. You'll all thank me later.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Jester

someone from up there get this up on youtube.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 09:04 PM
inferno98

I am currently watching the Wisconsin- RMU game and turris has 2 goals 1 assist. He looks very good. I have never seen JVR play but it sounds like he is going to be real good. I dont think we would have went wrong with either pick.

inferno98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 09:50 PM
exlund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno98 View Post
I am currently watching the Wisconsin- RMU game and turris has 2 goals 1 assist. He looks very good. I have never seen JVR play but it sounds like he is going to be real good. I dont think we would have went wrong with either pick.

For the record, Jakub Voracek (#7 overall pick) had another 3 pts today to help Halifax come from behind over Claude Giroux's Gatineau squad...JV now has 18pts in only 6 games played. His 3 pts per game avg. leads the QMJHL. Giroux had 2 goals (and a +2)giving him 9g 11a for 20 pts and a (possibly league leading) +11 (in 12 games).

exlund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammalplex View Post
Listened to the game ( i know i'm a loser) online. Sounded like JVR had a strong 3rd period. The announcers made it out that he made a sweet move to score. I know a few of you guys went to the game and can describe what happened. Anyway, New Hampshire 4 Boston University 1.
http://www.wmur.com/sports/14382431/detail.html

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:36 PM
ELab2

I noticed that he got a minor late in the game for hitting after the whistle. What was interesting was that it was concurrent with a penalty for hitting after the whistle with Colby Cohen, another local product.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 11:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Here is another game article:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20072008/m/10/19/unh-bu.php

The proverbial nail in the coffin came at 14:15, when Radja received a pass in the neutral zone before racing in on the left-wing side to bury a shot. With BU deflated, vanRiemsdyk got his first collegiate goal just 91 seconds later after undressing former US Under-18 teammate Kevin Shattenkirk.

“It was definitely really exciting out there, just something that you want to get off your back and just get going,” vanRiemsdyk said. “I was up against Shattenkirk, and he’s a great defenseman. With a great defenseman, you have to kind of go a little off the board with your move to make him move around. I was fortunate to get around him and just get a shot on net. Nothing planned—just shoot low blocker, that’s where I like to go.”

“I didn’t notice him till the goal,” Parker said. “And the goal was fabulous. He beat his old teammate from last year and walked him pretty nice. But I didn’t notice him until he picked up a loose puck and beat a guy. I thought Bonino’s undressing of three guys and walking in on the goal was a better play than vanRiemsdyk’s,” Parker added with a chuckle.

Old
10-20-2007, 01:01 AM
tsquad

Unfortunately I had to go home for the weekend, but from what my friends were reporting, JVR ran show. Kind of difficult to root for him while attending BU however though haha

tsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

the ice conditions also were not the best, it was a very warm night in Boston, and the ice was pretty bad tonite. lots of puddles and stuff.
Glad JVR scored and more importantly, I am glad UNH got off to a good start in HockeyEast against a very good team in their barn.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
BringBackStevens

Video Plz K Thnx!

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 01:24 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
Video Plz K Thnx!
c'mon, somebodys got to have a link

donelikedinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
the ice conditions also were not the best, it was a very warm night in Boston, and the ice was pretty bad tonite. lots of puddles and stuff.
Glad JVR scored and more importantly, I am glad UNH got off to a good start in HockeyEast against a very good team in their barn.
Boston College's game against North Dakota was halted midway due to the rink conditions.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...9_foghalts.php

BOSTON — For the second time in two seasons, a game at Boston College was called because of poor ice conditions, and once again it came in front of a national TV audience.

The game between Boston College and North Dakota on Friday was halted after two periods with the game tied, 0-0. It will go down as an official game, a tie for both teams.

Last season, a game between BC and Boston University was halted in the first period because humid conditions caused fog and poor ice. That game was resumed from where it left off and finished at a later date.

In this case, the game was official, and was declared complete.

Old
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSsNtjiIIjs

there's the goal, it's a sick one

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSsNtjiIIjs

there's the goal, it's a sick one
i like.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Gags1288

He looked a lot like Ovechkin in that clip. Similar size, similar skating ability, and a beautiful goal. We've heard the names Nash and Leclair a lot, but from what I've seen of JVR, he reminds me more of a poor man's Ovechkin (though not that poor because I think he can be incredibly good).

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Kaktus*

He moves very well... A bit of Rick Nash then Ovechkin there.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

maybe next time the tv guys wont get so excited over a goal like that next time

Old
10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
JVR had the most disgusting move I've seen from a player his size. He was relatively quiet for the first 2 periods and was obviously frustrated (for no reason, he shoved a player after the whistle... I liked that though, showed a bit of a mean streak). In the 3rd period, though, UNH came on like gangbusters, and JVR was flying around the ice. He's smooth as a skater and fluid carrying the puck for a kid his size -- that's what kept sticking out to me most. JVR seemed to really wake up after he was rocked with a huge hit in the 3rd. After that, he was a man on a mission, just flying around the ice.

Now, for this move. He came across the blue line and was one-on-one against a defender who was trying to push him to the outside. All in one motion, Riemer put the puck between his legs (might have kicked the puck to himself, too, I don't remember because I was in shock as I watched), shielded off the defender with his inside shoulder, then beat the goalie with a snap shot to the far side. He completely undressed this poor defender and then flat-out beat the stunned goalie. He went nuts, jumped into the glass and was mobbed by his teammates -- it was his first collegiate goal. I too went nuts. I believe my exact words were, "What a ****ING move!" The whole crowd was stunned by what it had just seen. I've never seen a player that size pull off a move like that and look so smooth doing it. And he had the balls to pull off the move, too -- that's probably what I loved most.

JVR's going to continue to progress and learn how to play with his size, I have no doubts. We got a good one, people.

If the video ever makes it to YouTube, I'll be sure to post it. You'll all thank me later.
I have seen Lemieux and Lindros make some amazing moves like that, but other then those two, no one that size comes to mind......

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

I don't know how many can get access to New Hampshire public TV but UNH does broadcast some games on TV. Here is a list, including tomorrow night (10/26/07):

http://www.nhptv.org/product/hockey/hockey.htm

UNH Men’s Hockey TV Schedule 2007-08
Games start at 7 p.m.

Friday October 26 - Colorado College
Saturday October 27 - Colorado College
Saturday November 3 - Northeastern
Friday November 9 - UMass Lowell
Saturday November 10 - Boston College
Sunday January 6 - St Lawrence
Saturday January 12 - UMass
Saturday February 16 - Providence
Saturday February 23 - Boston College
Saturday March 8 - Vermont

Old
11-02-2007, 10:35 PM
flyersguy33*

JVR records another goal and two assists tonight against northeastern in a 7-4 win for unh. Not lookin to shabby

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 12:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
JVR records another goal and two assists tonight against northeastern in a 7-4 win for unh. Not lookin to shabby
thats a team UNH should beat every time. Northeastern in not that good.

Old
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
thats a team UNH should beat every time. Northeastern in not that good.
Yes, NU hasn't been too great lately.

JVR had too good assists, but I'm not getting hyper over his goal in that game. It was an empty netter at 19:59. Kinda cheap

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 12:12 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Yes, NU hasn't been too great lately.

JVR had too good assists, but I'm not getting hyper over his goal in that game. It was an empty netter at 19:59. Kinda cheap
ahh didnt no it was an empty netter yea i really wouldnt count that as a goal either

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote