HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Riding On The 'e Train'

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 11:51 PM
KING

vCash: 500
Riding On The 'e Train'

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/15263.htm

Old
01-12-2004, 08:24 AM
TXNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING
Look, I've missed pretty much every game since November because of work. When I think, "E Train", I see E bullying his way to the net, punishing most that get in his way, and scoring.

Is this how E is playing or is it more like he isn't going into a fetal position and sucking his thumb when someone looks like they might tap him into the boards?

Old
01-12-2004, 08:33 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNYR
Look, I've missed pretty much every game since November because of work. When I think, "E Train", I see E bullying his way to the net, punishing most that get in his way, and scoring.

Is this how E is playing or is it more like he isn't going into a fetal position and sucking his thumb when someone looks like they might tap him into the boards?
Lately his play has been similar to the way we knew Lindros; he has been carrying the puck with speed, driving to the net and being very nasty around it, making great passes, winning the battles in the corners, winning most of his face-offs and yes....he has been throwing tremendous body checks very often. Let's hope this continues because we need someone to step up and lead this "team".

Old
01-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

It appears as if he's adding more dimension to his game. He'll never be the brute he was in Philly, but he looks like he's worked to change his style so as to be effective while at the same time not leave himself vulnerable to big hits all the time.

Off the ice, he appears to have matured. So far I see no signs of the prima-donna who spurned the Norqidues and got into repeated spats with Bobby Clarke. Good to see Eric finally show some class nowadays.

Old
01-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
It appears as if he's adding more dimension to his game. He'll never be the brute he was in Philly, but he looks like he's worked to change his style so as to be effective while at the same time not leave himself vulnerable to big hits all the time.

Off the ice, he appears to have matured. So far I see no signs of the prima-donna who spurned the Norqidues and got into repeated spats with Bobby Clarke. Good to see Eric finally show some class nowadays.
Hmmmm....considering the kind of ***** that Clarke can be, sparring with him may just be the sign of a backbone and a refusal to be bullied by ol' Bobby....

That battle was a two-way street, and we all know that Clarke enjoys stirring the pot as much as the next guy....

Old
01-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage
Hmmmm....considering the kind of ***** that Clarke can be, sparring with him may just be the sign of a backbone and a refusal to be bullied by ol' Bobby....

That battle was a two-way street, and we all know that Clarke enjoys stirring the pot as much as the next guy....

I truly believe that Lindros Clarke battle was 50/50 in terms of who to blame and who acted like an idiot. Clarke did win the PR battle, most people really thought Lindros was a total baby, myself included. But he has totally proved me wrong. He frustrates me with some inconsistancy on the ice, but he has been a total professional on and off it... even with Sather's terrible management.

Old
01-12-2004, 12:53 PM
TXNYR

I can't emphasize how surprised I was to see him continue to fly through the neutral zone with his head down.

Quote:
but he looks like he's worked to change his style so as to be effective while at the same time not leave himself vulnerable to big hits all the time.
That's nice to hear because I was really thinking that it wasn't ever going to happen. I sort of expecting it in his first season as a Ranger.

Closed Thread