HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Eberly

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Pens Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Pens Fan
Danny Eberly

Since noone answered this before i will try it one more time. I would like any information that anyone can give me on him. Is he still the property of the Rangers? Thank you ahead of time

Old
01-11-2004, 07:29 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens Fan
Since noone answered this before i will try it one more time. I would like any information that anyone can give me on him. Is he still the property of the Rangers? Thank you ahead of time
With a prospect board at the very top of the forums, it might be best to try there first. I personally have never heard of him and that tells me a lot.

edit: Doing some quick research, he still is Ranger property considering he's on the site (simple as that!), also was an one of the last picks in his drafts so that explains why he did not get any replies.

Old
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Pens Fan

i tried there with no response. But thanks anyways. I saw him on the Ranger site too but i could not find any other info on him. He is playing for Atlantic City in the ECHL but i am not sure if he is still Ranger property. but i will assume he is Ranger property too if he is on the site. Thanks

Old
01-11-2004, 08:00 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
i tried there with no response. But thanks anyways. I saw him on the Ranger site too but i could not find any other info on him. He is playing for Atlantic City in the ECHL but i am not sure if he is still Ranger property. but i will assume he is Ranger property too if he is on the site. Thanks
Just wondering, why the interest?

Old
01-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Pens Fan

Dont tell anyone in Pittsburgh but i am slowly becoming a Ranger fan. i really love alot of Prospects that they have. and i really dont think the Pens will be in the Burgh much longer.I dont know if i can root for the Portland Penguins. i just happened to see him on the Rangers site and was just wondering. I did alot of research and have really found nothing outside of what i knew. Hoping someone else had some more info. I guess sort of a mission.

Old
01-11-2004, 08:32 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Dont tell anyone in Pittsburgh but i am slowly becoming a Ranger fan. i really love alot of Prospects that they have. and i really dont think the Pens will be in the Burgh much longer.I dont know if i can root for the Portland Penguins. i just happened to see him on the Rangers site and was just wondering. I did alot of research and have really found nothing outside of what i knew. Hoping someone else had some more info. I guess sort of a mission.
I strongly advise you seek professional help. This team will make you miserable, I can't imagine why you're becoming a fan! Welcome aboard either way!

Old
01-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Pens Fan

I dont like Sather and the way he handles youth but, i do like Tjutin, Dawes, Lundmark, Guenin(from Hopewell PA about 20 minutes away from me), Baranka, Taylor, Reese (played for the Pittsburgh Forge), and a couple other guys. But anything is better than not having a team in 2 years.

Old
01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
I dont like Sather and the way he handles youth but, i do like Tjutin, Dawes, Lundmark, Guenin(from Hopewell PA about 20 minutes away from me), Baranka, Taylor, Reese (played for the Pittsburgh Forge), and a couple other guys. But anything is better than not having a team in 2 years.
Sather will trade them by the deadline, either that or Malhotrize them as he has with Lundmark. I'm not familiar with the Pens situation but I don't think they'll be contracted anytime soon. Already with the next Roy, they're favorites for the next Kovalchuk/Jagr and probably Gretzky. (Ovechkin and Crosby)

Old
01-12-2004, 07:00 AM
NYR469

Quote:
I think technically eberly is still rangers property until next june, but he was invited to hartford's camp on a tryout deal and wasn't signed...he signed with Atlantic City (ECHL) and has played for Worcester (AHL) this year

Old
01-12-2004, 07:43 AM
TXNYR

Quote:
Welcome to the darkside, Pensy.
I knew it would happen eventually.

The love has to really be there for you to acknowledge it during these times. I, for one, am proud of you.

I didn't choose to become a Ranger fan. It just happened. It's a decision of the heart, not the mind.

Now, if the Rangers could capture half the dedication that their fans have, they'll be alright.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:15 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Sather will trade them by the deadline, either that or Malhotrize them as he has with Lundmark. I'm not familiar with the Pens situation but I don't think they'll be contracted anytime soon. Already with the next Roy, they're favorites for the next Kovalchuk/Jagr and probably Gretzky. (Ovechkin and Crosby)

Contraction isn't the concern, rather moving to another city may be what he's talking about, and that possibility is real.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:32 AM
TXNYR

Quote:
Contraction isn't the concern, rather moving to another city may be what he's talking about, and that possibility is real.
Isn't Mario waiting to see if taxpayers approve funds for a new stadium?

Old
01-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Pens Fan

Maholtrize--now thats funny.

The city said NO to the new arena. Mario has already put up the land he bought for the new location on sale and he said that if he doesnt get a new arena after the lease is up in 3 years he will sell the team because he will not be the one to move the team out of Pittsburgh. Even with a new CBA the team i am pretty sure will move.The city already funded two sport venues and one doesnt sell (Pirates) and they dont want to be on the hook for another one, Pittsburgh is in a very bad financial period and will not fund one.

Old
01-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
WELCOME!!!!! Let me just enlighten you on a few things. Glen Sather has rebulit the Ragners system and you will be hard pressed to find a prospect that he has traded that has done anything for another team. Jaimie Lundmark in an average of 12 minutes of ice time this season has done very little. He is the most overrated former prospect in hockey. Sather gets a bad rap around here for a lot of things and rightfully so but really if you looked up the information about prospects the rangers traded you will see the truth that others wont see.

Old
01-12-2004, 01:56 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
WELCOME!!!!! Let me just enlighten you on a few things. Glen Sather has rebulit the Ragners system
Everytime I see this, I always ask you the same question and you always duck it. So, let's try this again. Can you please provide some examples of the "rebuilt system". Who has been brought up to fill spots? Again, don't tell me Ortmeyer & Scott. One has a future is as a 3rd liner and one as a 4th. Takes more than stocking a farm team with 3rd/4th liners to be "rebuilt". So who has been brought up that can fill in on the top 2 lines or the top 3 defensive pairings? Who has shown even glimpes that he can do the job?

Old
01-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Everytime I see this, I always ask you the same question and you always duck it. So, let's try this again. Can you please provide some examples of the "rebuilt system". Who has been brought up to fill spots? Again, don't tell me Ortmeyer & Scott. One has a future is as a 3rd liner and one as a 4th. Takes more than stocking a farm team with 3rd/4th liners to be "rebuilt". So who has been brought up that can fill in on the top 2 lines or the top 3 defensive pairings? Who has shown even glimpes that he can do the job?
Whats wrong with 3rd and 4th line wingers? Whats wrong with the heart and soul player? This team doesnt need to bring anybody up and rush them to the nhl just to prove a point they have young players. We did that with Malhotra and Muckler and Smith "ruined him". The Rangers have a talented group of prospects.
Tjutin

Jessiman

Moore

Dawes

Murray

Lundqvist

Lampman

Baranka

Blackburn

Jonasen

Taylor

Lundmark

Scott

Whats wrong with this group? Nothing and exciting group of young players?

Old
01-12-2004, 02:18 PM
FACEMAN

Quote:
WELCOME!!!!! Let me just enlighten you on a few things. Glen Sather has rebulit the Ragners system and you will be hard pressed to find a prospect that he has traded that has done anything for another team. Jaimie Lundmark in an average of 12 minutes of ice time this season has done very little. He is the most overrated former prospect in hockey. Sather gets a bad rap around here for a lot of things and rightfully so but really if you looked up the information about prospects the rangers traded you will see the truth that others wont see.

Pens fan, please excuse jar jar. he is msg's newest pr associate fresh out of college and trying to climb the corporate ladder and be noticed by slats. He just rec'd his holiday bonus (a pair of knee pads).

Advice regarding rooting for the blueshirts. RUN, don't ever look back. If I didn't have 24 years (i'm 32) invested into this team I would be gone. There is no other team in sports that is run in the same manner as this one. But its people like you (no offense) that they're trying to attract. People who will buy jersey's with the next 38 year dman's name on it that they bring in. If your looking for youth, watch the Thrashers, Bolts, Minnesota or any number of teams that have a plan. This one is GOING NO WHERE. Unless you listen to jar jar.
FACE OUT

Old
01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Whats wrong with 3rd and 4th line wingers?
Nothing is wrong with them. However a farm system that has nothing but prospects who top out as 3rd/4th liners is not much of a farm system. As for the rest....

Tjutin....COULD be good. Had 2 pretty ordinary camps. Started off hot in his first year in Hartford, and has cooled off considerably. Please show evidence that he is even close to being ready. However, I admit that he is a nice prospect to have. So, I'll give you this one.

Jessiman.....Surely you are not doing a dance for this? ANYONE taken in the first round of last year's draft is considered a decent prospect. ANYONE. That was the deepest draft in years. You would have to work to mess it up. However, it is agreed that he is a project. Did not make US juniors. Plays in a secondary college division. But, I'll still give this one to you.

Dawes....Please. What do you know about him? Nothing. Junior #'s mean jack. Small. What indication do you have that he is a solid prospect? None. He is not even on the radar screen.

Murray....tops out as a Darren Mcarty clone if he is lucky. 3rd liner tops.

Lundqvist....Can we wait until he is even in the US? Has not stepped onto US soil yet, so it is rather tough to consider him a Ranger prospect.

Lampman....What are you kidding me? What has he shown in all the time that he has been in Hartford? Not all that much. Not enough to warrant a call up to play instead of either Bouch or Dale.

Baranka....Again, surely you jest. What the eff' do you even know about his game? Another one that has yet to come to the US.

Blackburn.....I'll give you another one. You're up to 3.

Jonasen....Junior #'s mean jack. He's in the US for the first time. Cannot be considered even close to being a prospect yet.

Taylor.....Come on now. He's not even a blip on the radar screen.

Lundmark....Smith pick (the only one left)

Scott...has a great future.....as a 4TH LINER

"Whats wrong with this group? Nothing and exciting group of young players?"

Nothing wrong with this group except it has about 3 real prospects (Blackburn, Jessiman, and Tyutin). And of the 3 none are proven. The rest are just names you picked out from this site.

Old
01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with them. However a farm system that has nothing but prospects who top out as 3rd/4th liners is not much of a farm system. As for the rest....

Tjutin....COULD be good. Had 2 pretty ordinary camps. Started off hot in his first year in Hartford, and has cooled off considerably. Please show evidence that he is even close to being ready. However, I admit that he is a nice prospect to have. So, I'll give you this one.

Jessiman.....Surely you are not doing a dance for this? ANYONE taken in the first round of last year's draft is considered a decent prospect. ANYONE. That was the deepest draft in years. You would have to work to mess it up. However, it is agreed that he is a project. Did not make US juniors. Plays in a secondary college division. But, I'll still give this one to you.

Dawes....Please. What do you know about him? Nothing. Junior #'s mean jack. Small. What indication do you have that he is a solid prospect? None. He is not even on the radar screen.

Murray....tops out as a Darren Mcarty clone if he is lucky. 3rd liner tops.

Lundqvist....Can we wait until he is even in the US? Has not stepped onto US soil yet, so it is rather tough to consider him a Ranger prospect.

Lampman....What are you kidding me? What has he shown in all the time that he has been in Hartford? Not all that much. Not enough to warrant a call up to play instead of either Bouch or Dale.

Baranka....Again, surely you jest. What the eff' do you even know about his game? Another one that has yet to come to the US.

Blackburn.....I'll give you another one. You're up to 3.

Jonasen....Junior #'s mean jack. He's in the US for the first time. Cannot be considered even close to being a prospect yet.

Taylor.....Come on now. He's not even a blip on the radar screen.

Lundmark....Smith pick (the only one left)

Scott...has a great future.....as a 4TH LINER

"Whats wrong with this group? Nothing and exciting group of young players?"

Nothing wrong with this group except it has about 3 real prospects (Blackburn, Jessiman, and Tyutin). And of the 3 none are proven. The rest are just names you picked out from this site.
Dawes i saw play in the world juniors
Baranka was a steal for the Rangers in the second round
Jonasen is tearing up juniors(thats right you said if he was any good he would be in hartford right now)
Lampman is playing pretty well in hartford. With the defensman we have its better he get minutes in hartford than be a scratch on the big club
Murray is a kid i love and could be a real heart and soul player for the next 10 years
Dude i proved my point. im sorry if you disagree but i can't debate this with you every other week. The Rangers have a pretty good system of kids that have potential. Do they have a future Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Leetch, or Jagr? No they dont. But that have a future you can build a gritty team on. Are you the sort of fan that needs the superstar to show up at the Garden? From our past dealings I would say you aren't. What type of player do you think the Rangers could have developed? What future superstar have the Rangers passed on since Sather has been here? The Rangers have given Ortmeyer a chance to prove himself this season.

Old
01-12-2004, 03:37 PM
True Blue

"Dawes i saw play in the world juniors"

And that means what?

"Baranka was a steal for the Rangers in the second round"

What makes him a steal? What is your basis for saying we stole him and what is your basis to say that he is a top-end prospect?

"Jonasen is tearing up juniors"

So did Daigle. Jonasen was not even good enough for the SEL.

"Lampman is playing pretty well in hartford"

Terrific. But, apparently he is no better than Dale Purinton or Joel Bouchard.

"Murray is a kid i love and could be a real heart and soul player for the next 10 years"

I like him as well. However, a 3rd liner is nothing to hang your hat on.

"Dude i proved my point"

Where and how?

"Are you the sort of fan that needs the superstar to show up at the Garden? "

I don't need anything to show up at the Garden. However, I do need more proof that "Sather rebuild the farm". Something more than a few future 3rd liners.

Old
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
"Dawes i saw play in the world juniors"

And that means what?

"Baranka was a steal for the Rangers in the second round"

What makes him a steal? What is your basis for saying we stole him and what is your basis to say that he is a top-end prospect?

"Jonasen is tearing up juniors"

So did Daigle. Jonasen was not even good enough for the SEL.

"Lampman is playing pretty well in hartford"

Terrific. But, apparently he is no better than Dale Purinton or Joel Bouchard.

"Murray is a kid i love and could be a real heart and soul player for the next 10 years"

I like him as well. However, a 3rd liner is nothing to hang your hat on.

"Dude i proved my point"

Where and how?

"Are you the sort of fan that needs the superstar to show up at the Garden? "

I don't need anything to show up at the Garden. However, I do need more proof that "Sather rebuild the farm". Something more than a few future 3rd liners.
Sorry Sather has rebuilt the system and you can't see that. I really dont know what to tell you about these prospects that will make you see what i see. It really is to bad that you dont think a future of hard working talented kids is exciting. I named 11 prospects and you gave me three that were decent. I give myself 5
Jessiman
Dawes
Tjutin
Murray
Blackburn

Old
01-12-2004, 03:54 PM
True Blue

Quote:
I give myself 5
Jessiman
Dawes
Tjutin
Murray
Blackburn
Off those, one has a top-end as a 3rd liner. Sorry, but as much as I may like him, I look for more things from my top prospects than a future as an NHL plumber.
And Dawes has done nothing to prove his NHL worth. Junior #'s mean nothing. Again, Daigle was a juniors phenom.

Old
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Off those, one has a top-end as a 3rd liner. Sorry, but as much as I may like him, I look for more things from my top prospects than a future as an NHL plumber.
And Dawes has done nothing to prove his NHL worth. Junior #'s mean nothing. Again, Daigle was a juniors phenom.
Gretzky was a junior phenom too. I am not comparing dawes to gretzky just saying sometimes a juniors numbers = future nhl numbers. Hey one of us is going to be wrong on this one. I think we both hope its you.

Old
01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I actually know Danny Eberly's agent. His agent used to write for HF a long time ago

Talked to him recently. Said the Rangers still hold Danny's rights through the end of this year. They basically have said they want to take a wait and see approach, see how he does in the ECHL this year, then decide whether or not he's worth signing to a (minor league) contract.

Old
01-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Pens Fan

Whew....after all the bickering i got an answer. Thank you very much Draft Guru. Just to settle one thing. Prospects are just that until they have played oin the NHL. Some look good some dont. But it will all be told inthe future.

Closed Thread