HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Serious problem with this team......

Old
10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
noupf

vCash: 500
Serious problem with this team......

I'm a long time Ranger fan and I am not bashing the team just for the sake of bashing.................but something has to change. I was never happy with the fact the they let Nylander go.....but I think it was the biggest mistake that Sather has made since the retooling has happened. I mean seriously, Jagr, Straka and Nylander were without a doubt their top offensive line and now that Nylander is gone, we have nobody scoring.....period. There is no cohesion with anybody on the top two lines. Drury, Gomez, Jarg, Shanahan and Prucha are all skating around without knowing where to find their line mates. Could it be that Renney has lost these guys and they are not responding to his direction any more?

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:11 PM
devilsfan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
I'm a long time Ranger fan and I am not bashing the team just for the sake of bashing.................but something has to change. I was never happy with the fact the they let Nylander go.....but I think it was the biggest mistake that Sather has made since the retooling has happened. I mean seriously, Jagr, Straka and Nylander were without a doubt their top offensive line and now that Nylander is gone, we have nobody scoring.....period. There is no cohesion with anybody on the top two lines. Drury, Gomez, Jarg, Shanahan and Prucha are all skating around without knowing where to find their line mates. Could it be that Renney has lost these guys and they are not responding to his direction any more?
yep... nylander and jagr were smooth... but we'd take gomez back... lol

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Enough of the "we miss Nylander" crap. he's nothing special and only has 4 points vs Drury's 6. I agree something has to change, but for gods sake guys, the solution is not bringing back mediocre players that we let walk this summer.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
noupf

I'd gladly give Gomez back.

Old
10-20-2007, 06:16 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Enough of the "we miss Nylander" crap. he's nothing special and only has 4 points vs Drury's 6. I agree something has to change, but for gods sake guys, the solution is not bringing back mediocre players that we let walk this summer.
I dont thinks its the case that we miss Nylander since we are not the ones playing the game. However, I beleive Jagr misses him dearly and since Jagr is the one who was on the receiving end of Nylanders passes......i'd say it means something.

Old
10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Maybe the "serious problem" is just Jagr then, maybe he needs to go and the team can play a different style.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

The only serioius problems the team has right now is injuries..

but heck i'll jump on the ridiculous post bandwagon....

the season is over..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

Im seriously starting to question the intelligence of fellow Ranger fans. This game the TEAM did nothing wrong. Jagr has been the biggest problem. Gomez has done what he is being paid to do, gain the zone and set up the play. Drury is killing penalties, setting up plays and doing a good job over all. Jagr has never looked worse. As much as I DESPISE Milbury, he said it well during the intermission, Jagr is pouting and giving a half effort. For a man who was always wrong with the Islanders, hes right this time about the Jagr and the Rangers.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
Im seriously starting to question the intelligence of fellow Ranger fans. This game the TEAM did nothing wrong. Jagr has been the biggest problem. Gomez has done what he is being paid to do, gain the zone and set up the play. Drury is killing penalties, setting up plays and doing a good job over all. Jagr has never looked worse. As much as I DESPISE Milbury, he said it well during the intermission, Jagr is pouting and giving a half effort. For a man who was always wrong with the Islanders, hes right this time about the Jagr and the Rangers.
This team is giving me back the vibes I had from 1997-2003! Same high hopes, best team on paper but come April its golf time.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 09:48 PM
blue2noise

I swear I knew I shouldnt have come here to see these nonsense panic posts already

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 11:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
we miss the playoffs by one point, this game will haunt us, other than that its early still, lets worry when its december and we have the least goals scored in the NHL. Our D has been good, our offense is lacking.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Jagr will be gone next year or the year after, then what do we do with Nylander? Great move by Sather to get two top centers IMO.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 01:50 AM
cr7

nylander is a veteran, meaning in 3 years time, when u want him to lead the team he'll b like 40..
while drury and gomez provide a good core for the team to build around, with all our prosepcts

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 02:52 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
I'd gladly give Gomez back.
No. You can keep him. Although I'd do anything for Brian Rafalski back.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Captain11

I think the only problem is that we keep changing the lines. Renney talked at the start of the season that he was starting with the lines everything thought was right. Since the second game of preseason we have been switching. I think we should go back to those lines and just let them figure it out.

changing the lines continuosly cannot create chemestry. Just set them up and let them figure each other out.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Obviously, the team is missing Avery, with him in the lineup the Rangers win 5-2, the moment he steps back on the ice the Rangers will start dominating again.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 04:21 AM
dank

did we all not know and realize that there would be growing pains?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

IMO the Rangers have too many quality players not to get it going later on (sort of like Ottawa last season).

That said, I do agree Nylander's style of play suited Jagr much better than either Drury's or Gomez.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 08:41 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
IMO the Rangers have too many quality players not to get it going later on (sort of like Ottawa last season).
Boy, I remeber everyone saying that in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. At least I did not have to hear it during the lockout.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 09:30 AM
JR#9*

We made the Playoffs two years ago because of Jagr. And last year Shanny stepped up and kept us in a lot of games. This year nobody has stepped up and Jagr looks Horrible and Disinterested. These are our problems. If Jagr was playing like everyone expected we wouldn't even be having this conversation and we would be 4-2

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
We made the Playoffs two years ago because of Jagr. And last year Shanny stepped up and kept us in a lot of games. This year nobody has stepped up and Jagr looks Horrible and Disinterested. These are our problems. If Jagr was playing like everyone expected we wouldn't even be having this conversation and we would be 4-2
It's not just Jagr. I've felt like Drury and Gomez have been playing that way as well. They aren't attacking the puck and they aren't moving the puck crisply. It's all three of them, as well as Roszival, Malik and Mara. If I see one of those guys flub another pass in the offensive or defensive zone, I might scream.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 09:36 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Jagr is only portion of the equation. Although he does look disinterested out there at times, it's really hard to blame him. He's made a few nice passes these past few games and that should have led to goals but didn't.

The only thing that's worrying me is his atrocious giveaways. They seem to be increasing with every game. Then again, the ice was just awful yesterday

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 09:59 AM
alkurtz

In a strange way, I'd be more concerned if the team was playing badly. They're not: they are playing inconceivably badly. So poorly that it just can't continue this way for long. Guys are underachieving by so much that it borders on the absurd.
Nothing is going well: the D are not making making decisive outlet passes, the centers are not carrying the puck through the neutral zone and penetrating the offensive zone, wingers are not dumping the puck in, and with few exceptions (Callahan, Prucha, Dubinsky), nobody is in front of the net...not that it would matter since the puck is not getting there anyway.
Yeah, Jagr seems lost without the comfort zone of playing with Nylander (and Jags has always done best when in that zone) but the real problem is at center. Gomez and Drury are just not getting the job done. There is no flow to the Rangers game and it is the centers who establish that. Its hard to watch what is happening and get a handle on things......the puck seems to go back and forth, sideways, every which way but aggressively forward. This can't continue and will turn around...but for now, its torture to watch.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Fletch

Jagr's frustrated...

he's run into some tight defensive play and some defensemen that have played him well, like Chara last night. But it doesn't seem as though the PP's going well either, and that's something that needs to get going for everything else (at ES) to get going too. I think Drury and Gomez have been added to a PP and are used to playing different styles than Jagr (i.e., putting tons of pucks on the net as opposed to looking for the best shot). Hopefully that's not a long-range problem, but at the same time does scream a bit for a couple distinct PP units, which could cut into some people's PP time, but it could help (I thought the Rangers' PP looked better last season when they played two competent units).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 11:33 AM
ruckus*

First of all people with Scott Gomez avatars should never be blaming this awful start on Jagr. Jagr looks disinterested? What is this crap you guys are talking about? He looks disinterested when he's playing his tail off in the corner battling for pucks with guys like Chara and Exelby? Some of you guys are ridiculous. Jagr CAN'T do everything. If you want a sport where the star has the ability to dominate every single night then go watch the NBA. Jags has made plenty of plays and people haven't capitalized on them. He set up Prucha beautifully yesterday and Petr couldn't finish. That's the problem with this team right now is that nobody can finish. Jagr is going to get his goals and points this year. LOOK AT HIS BODY OF WORK. In the meantime, don't you think it might help if ONE of the other guys on this roster could score a goal? For cying out loud, Jagr has the best defenseman on EVERY SINGLE TEAM beating the hell out of him every time he takes the ice. He's the one who has to deal with it every night. Not anybody else. And because he's so big and strong he barely ever gets the benefit of a call. Guys hook and hold him like nobody else in this league and get away with it the majority of the time. If anybody really thinks that this start is because of Jaromir Jagr they need to have their head examined. This is a collective effort right now and the team can't put the puck in the net. If ONE of those opportunities goes in the net for us in regulation we've got two points and people are talking about what a great defensive game we played and how we're turning it around. So lay off the Captain everyone. Without him, we wouldn't go anywhere this year. (or wouldn't have the past two seasons)

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote