HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg

Old
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo77 View Post
well, those "stars" sucks right now. Although they will pick it up soon i hope. Shanny and Gomez will pick it up, i belive in them. Jagr is a sniper (with his butt showing) Is he a good laeder? i dont know. Jagr misses NYlander, but he probably will pick it up as well.

The rangers need a stronger/better defense. For Sure. Lundquist is the best Ranger so far. Maple leafs and Rangers have for years had poor defense.

Do some changes now!

i still dont understand this arguement when the problem isnt giving up goals, its getting them... granted our defense isnt amazing but its pretty damn solid.

putting the puck in the net is the problem right now.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Part of me says yes. He can score goals. He can set up goals. He can prob play great with Jagr or Shanny or C.D or Prucha or Hossa or Straka...He can fight. He can hit. He can lead.

The other part says HELL NO, he'll be injured 50% of the time.
You mean 75%. the guy is always out. If he was to sign he would be injured within the first 10 games, i just get that feeling.

So forget it.

Last edited by Jay88*: 10-22-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I would take him just to keep him away from Ottawa. They already have Alfredsson Heatley and Spezza. If the Sens add Forsberg and he doesn't crumple immediately, we could be in some big trouble.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I would take him just to keep him away from Ottawa. They already have Alfredsson Heatley and Spezza. If the Sens add Forsberg and he doesn't crumple immediately, we could be in some big trouble.
I really dont think it matters. As Ottawa is already light years ahead of NYR, they are just fantastic to watch. then again they keep there players together with little trades here and there. So they built like det did, so they are trouble no matter what.Forsberg wont make things that different, IMO atleast.

Old
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Although its unlikely and I don't think it's necessarily the right move, at least not right now, if Straka or one of the top 6 get injured long term, it might be an option if he wants to come here. Forsberg is much more similar to Nylander than Drury or Gomez.

But, DAMN does it make the lineup look pretty!

Drury Forsberg Jagr
Shanahan Gomez Avery
Prucha Anisimov Hossa
Callahan Betts Dubinsky

Tyutin Girardi
Staal Rozsival
Malik Sauer
Yes it looks pretty and for years there lineup has looked pretty and they couldnt even make the playoffs, even now it already looks pretty and NYR is playing like ****. So i think getting PF would be a step backwards and not fowards, as weird as that may sound.

Old
10-23-2007, 05:42 PM
nyr7andcounting

First of all we don't have the cap room available to sign a guy like him. Second of all he's not worth anything because he's always hurt. Third, we can't introduce another unfamiliar player to our top 2/3 lines and expect him to gel with the guys we have already. We're already going to spend half a season struggling to get Gomez and Drury fit into a spot. We can't go and bring in Forsberg too.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote